Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling for a strike of all Omni-Tek employees (regarding Shadowlands)

Calling for a strike of all Omni-Tek employees (regarding Shadowlands)

Reading around online, I see that we loyal Omni-Tek employees are being considered "evil," and will be displayed as such when we enter the Shadowlands. This is gross slander in the least, and I will not stand for it. The clans are just as, if not more, at fault for the war than Omni-Tek... and those of us doing are jobs are not "evil." A broad generalization like "clanners are good/angels and omni employees are evil/devils" is demeaning and insulting.

My lawyer will soon be in touch regarding this matter, and documents regarding a trial date will be forthcoming.

OOC - Personally, I think the Neutrals should probably be the ones with the halos, and the clans AND omnis different kinds of devils. They've both commited their dark sins, while the neutrals just want no part of it...

Very good idea...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

http://download.anarchy-online.com/game/sides.html

Omni-Tek was designed to be the evil side from the beginning
    And yes, the neutrals are the only good guys

you are helping to maintain an oppressive regime in power. that makes you agents of evil.

neutrals should get yellow outfits with feathers covering them, and skinny clawed lower apendages.

Angry How Dare You!

How Dare you attack the Neutral Community.

Both you and clans act like neanderthols!

We are a peacful race unlike your pathetic petty oppresive government.

At the end of the day when your cities fall we will still be here!

(Merax)
    Protector and Server of the Neutral Citizens

Bring it on sister if you think your hard enough!

Re: How Dare You!

Originally posted by Soltak

At the end of the day when your cities fall we will still be here!
    Omni and the Clans both consider the neutrals to be enemies. So When a person goes neutral, it's as if they declared war on both sides. So if anything, neutral cities will fall first. Which may be what happens during the expansion.

Some people think it's bad roleplaying when an Omni or Clan player kills a neutral in the game, but when they do that, they are following the very story of the game.

I do think however, that neutrals should be able to strike first in a war zone if they wish.

Re: How Dare You!

Originally posted by Soltak
    How Dare you attack the Neutral Community.

Both you and clans act like neanderthols!
    Neutrals choose not to take sides in a major conflict that affects everyone, even themselves. They care not what happens to the people they share the world with. If you ask me, even Omni Tek are better than neutrals - atleast they have taken a stand and are willing to fight and die for what they believe in, even if their beliefs (or, company policy, as it were) is wrong. You sit around picking flowers and smiling while we fight for your right to do so. Spineless cowards the lot of you.

Last edited by Archelan; May 26th, 2002 at 05:59:43.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

I personally am a Clanner, but the idea of Omni-Tek being stereotyped as 'evil' ticks me off. In the world of Rubi-Ka there is no evil and good, no real right or wrong... it is all a point of view depending on which side of the world you stand on.

Omni-Tek as evil, what a complete and total load of crock.

~Phoenx

I agree with Phoenx - I am a clanner too and I've seen that (the majority of) both sides are full of pleasent, agreeable people - but, on the other hand, both sides has its share of ignorant fools.

On the subject of Neutrals - for both sides to attack each other and slowly encroach on each others territory, requires the conquering of the fine Territorial Line, designated "Neutral" - both sides need outposts in enemy territory, regardless if they were neutral to begin with; neither side will hesitate to attack.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Angry

Some of us Omni fight for the freedom of living a peacfull life without nihilistic clanners constantly making war, killing and maiming.
    War is bad for buisness for Omni, it is only clanners that profit from it. So We Omni are the good guys, maybee with exeption of those psychotics at Blacks Ops, and the clanners are the bad once.

As for neutrals, they could make good trading partners to increase our profit.

Unhappy Neutrals

As we stand as neutrals we find that we do not need to fight for land a personal gain in the world of Rubi-Ka.
    Omni and Clan are not fighting for us so we can pick flowers.
    You have no representation of the Neutral community at all.

We work to better ourselves not to kill and maim another being just because they are clan or omni.

If there were no sides no Omni No Clans then wouldn't our world be more peaceful.

We at Newland City welcome all with open arms regardless of alignment.

Its a shame that there are not more neutrals outhere because most new players feel like they need to belong to a bigger picture. They dont class the neutrals as a valid side to be on.

We will fight for our freedom and our interests to protect what we have.

We dont kill for territorial gain, so i dont know how we can be call cowards or chickens.

Take a good look at yourselves and ask yourself what your really are fighting for.

its a shame that you cant get tired of this war and decide to sit it out as a neutral
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Re: Re: How Dare You!

Originally posted by Mor

I do think however, that neutrals should be able to strike first in a war zone if they wish.
    Why? If neutrals have no standpoint in the skirmishes/battle/war, then for what need do they need to strike first?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Crush the evil Omni-Tek
    NT phone HOME!!

pacifists initiating combat. pffft.

---

being able to go neutral as a one way change would be a nice option in our old age. when we learn that profits, peace, freedom, and righteousness are not all their cracked up to be, and instead want a bit of peace to spend time with our families.

unfortunately neutrals are too 'high and mighty' morally to accept us once we've chosen a side other than neutral.

not that i want to go neut; but it would be a nice option for people that want it.

Re: Re: Re: How Dare You!

Originally posted by Cosmik

Why? If neutrals have no standpoint in the skirmishes/battle/war, then for what need do they need to strike first?
    No offense, Cosmik, but they need to be able to initiate combat because of the crap PvP mechanics in the game. If people had a chance to survive most alpha-strikes, it would be different... but being one-shotted because you are physically unable to fight back is retarded at best.

If Neutrals can't be able to initiate combat in self defense then they ought to be given 'layers' that essentially allow them to survive long enough to run or turn it into a fair fight.

With PvP being so messed up that the first shot usually wins it's not a good game mechanic to essentially have those that wish no harm to either side be the victim of harm from both sides.

You tell me the in-game reasoning why a Neutral adventurer in East Fouls Plains cateloguing the wildlife should be victim to any pre-teen Clanner or Omni who decides to simply kill him.

People want things to make sense and be fun. A Neutral character getting his head blown off for poking around in Omni-HQ makes perfect sense. Same goes for 2HO or any of the sensitive military areas.

Another option to consider is not allowing attack on Neutrals in 25% gas but introducing 10% gas in highly sensitive areas where nobody except your side is welcome.

I always wanted my Neutral Engineer to hang out in Mort studying the radiation and the mutated wildlife. But for some reason this area is considered a warzone. No idea what they are fighting over in that barren wasteland but the game designers say so.

And who declared war anyway? Last thing I saw signed by P. Ross and H. Radiman put an end to the civil war.

You guys gotta get your act together with respect to the three choosible sides and put some effort into explaining why people are killing each other in the weirdest spots of the planet.

If neutrals had any reason to strike first then they wouldn't be neutral, now would they?

Wink Re: Re: Re: Re: How Dare You!

Originally posted by Windrunner

No offense, Cosmik, but they need to be able to initiate combat because of the crap PvP mechanics in the game. If people had a chance to survive most alpha-strikes, it would be different... but being one-shotted because you are physically unable to fight back is retarded at best.
    Being Neutral is a choice made at the beginning of the game, usually because you don't care about the storyline, or don't want to participate in war. More power to you.

This does not mean you should be able to go to any 25% zone in the game and be able to attack whoever you see.

25% zones are political warzones. If you don't want to be attacked by Omni/Clan in a 25% zone, don't go into them. It's really that simple. Same reason some Clanners complain when Omni attack them in 25% zones, the simple retort to that is "Don't go into 25% zones," or "Bring lots of backup 'just in case.'"

--Tsk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast