Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My impressions of Shadowlands from a player's perspective.

Another thing I forgot. =)

Jorgen mentioned that they are working on the "Fixer Grid." No specifics on this, but he did confirm that it's in the works.

-Jayde

Thanks for all the great information! If you get a chance to do a follow-up interview later, see if you can pin them down on whether and how many of the Rubi-Ka zones not included in the launch will be in the expansion.

There was a screenshot of a spiral staircase style grid on the fixer fan page supplied by someone from Funcom. I'm sure that is the fixer grid. Did they say if that is something for a patch or for the expansion? Bet that is finally the great and wonderful fixer thing that Cosmik started talking about months ago, hope there are still some fixers around to enjoy it by the time they get it.

I guess not giving out information until they are sure it will be in the game will have to do, but I wish they would just say "We are trying to put in X, Y and Z but we don't know if we can" and then give us updates when they figure it out. Their problem with the launch wasn't as much the fanzine interviews as the fact that they couldn't provide the stuff in their own advertising, including stuff listed on the box! And the fact that they refused to come out and say "No, it looks like we won't have X in after all."

If they want happy customers, the not-at-all well-kept secret is to provide MORE information, not LESS. Unfortunately that seems to grate against Funcom's service philosophies.

Scorus

How about a rumor?

Someone said in-game that they were talking at the FunCom booth.

Anybody remember The Terminator?

What was the one key about being able to be sent back in time?

That's right. You had to be naked.

What a great way to catch those who plan on skipping the IP reset in order to keep their Tutoring Device-exploited equipment.

You can bring your gear there and bring the new goodies back. You just gotta be naked to go through the gate.

If this is true, I gotta applaud them. It works Story-wise and that actually surprises me. With so many non-sequiturs involving the Storyline being dropped on us simply for the sake of some supposed 'balance', this one actually is dead on the money.

Likewise I heard that the Shadowlands is going to be in some way akin to an incredibly huge super-quest mission. You have to get through one zone and all it's associated trials and tribulations before you can get to the next. Basically, it should keep people from being a pain in your ass.

The uber guilds if they haven't migrated to another game will be off somewhere else while you are finally able to enjoy the content on Rubi'Ka proper and/or that portion of the Shadowlands that they raced through.

Well, it was mentioned that "the Fixer grid is coming." Didn't say if it was in Shadowlands, or perhaps 14.4 whenever it comes.

The level 200 cap will still be in place. It will not go to level 215.

-Jayde

Just saying Thanks for answering my questions
    so....Thanks!
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I don't like this thing about team-only. If I wanted team-only playing I would play EQ. This team boss only loot already is not good for solo player, and with no-solo in shadowlands...I guess it mean big migration to Earth and Beyond, which would be out before....

If they want happy customers, the not-at-all well-kept secret is to provide MORE information, not LESS. Unfortunately that seems to grate against Funcom's service philosophies.
    It would be lovely if everybody was able to read "this MIGHT be in, but no guarantees" and get the point that it is, in fact, not guaranteed. Unfortunately, I figure 80% of the playerbase would immediately start jumping up and down while screaming "LOOK WHATS GONNA BE IN SHADOWLANDS!1111!1" then complain when FunCom had to remove it.

Some people would understand, but not nearly all of us... and usually the ones who complain are the ones least likely to listen to reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12