Thread: Suggested fix for nano resist

Suggested fix for nano resist

Make it so any hostile nano won't work at all if the target nano resist is at least twice the nano formula reqs.

For example, if an NT has 1000 nano resist, any program with less than 500 req in some nano skills won't work at all on him.
    It will prevent people from using newbie roots on lvl 200 characters in pvp.

hmq

Interesting.

It's pretty good actually... The skillcheck of Nano Skills vs. Nano Resistance is a bit borked. The QL of the nano itself should be involved somehow.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Yes but then agian I think I can speak for Agents/Traders/Fixers/Crats and any other class I forgot that can root but after you get the 1min or so root there is no reason to buy anything higher QL

Just an FYI though I agree it is an intresting idea
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Being a long time EQ player I support the Level vs Resist basis. Where the level of the nano is trivial, but the level of the caster vs the level of the target + their resist is the factor for the nano being resisted partially, fully, or not at all.

Nope, don't like it. If it was cast from an item, sure, make the target resist the item's level. Other than that, the target should resist the caster's skill.

I think this is only an issue for roots, though, since a low QL root is about as efficient as a high QL one. Make low QL roots easier to break, maybe?