Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A simlpe question to Cz

Changes from 14.2.0.2 - 14.2.0.3 are OLD changes now.

Re: A simlpe question to Cz

Originally posted by RealGunslinger

There are som roumers:
    1. You will not do it untill E2 is finished.
    2. You will not do it untill the major of players is on the next payment scedule so if they get angry they still got time of there already payed subscription to try it.
    3. You are afraid to release it becouse you want this one to be "perfect" and not another "Nice try"
    4. ..................... <- Please fill in
    Will I do?

1. E3 is over already, so this one is out of the question.
    2. No. False assumption. (and so sneaky I had never thought of it)
    3. No, we aren't afraid to release it, but you are closer to the point here. There are still some bugs that need to be ironed out before 14.2 can go live. Less bugs in a patch? A plus.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by RealGunslinger

BTW: How do you enter the test server. I read it once, but can't find the page now. (Something about copy AO directory and changing a file or something)
    You will find that information here, at the bottom of the page.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Thank you very mutch.

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    -We have adjusted the new player rules. Death penalties are now:
    1. No loss of items until lvl 10
    2. No Resurrection Shock until lvl 15
    3. No loss of XP from death until lvl 20
    Now, this is a perfect example of someone in the leadership position needing a smack in the head with the nerfstick. They complain and complain that people are leveling to fast, so what do they do? Remove XP loss from death.

Hello??? This cannot do anything but increase the rate at which people level.

If you think back--way back into the mists of history--you'll remember a time when FC was complaining about people overequipping. Their solution? Make the mobs stronger!

Does anyone else find this logic more than a bit flawed?

ps. Cosmik--Is it true that the fixer grid has been taken from us and put into the expansion pack? That the super-duper fixer thing that we were promised five months ago is now going to cost extra?

Rook

Originally posted by MrPendent

Now, this is a perfect example of someone in the leadership position needing a smack in the head with the nerfstick. They complain and complain that people are leveling to fast, so what do they do? Remove XP loss from death.

The easiest level to token farm with a new character is 10-15. With the new rules that wont be possibel, which is IMO the reason this rule has been made... a schame we can never know if FC actually speaks the truth or is just "covering up" something.

"We are reducing price of battlesuites to make them affordable to everyone." Ohh ya I believe you soooo much.

Arrow

I really don't think that faster levelling at such low levels is an issue. FC do have some concerns over people levelling too fast at the high end, but these changes have nothing to do with levelling speed.

14.2.0.5 is on test now.

Scorus

Originally posted by MrPendent

If you think back--way back into the mists of history--you'll remember a time when FC was complaining about people overequipping. Their solution? Make the mobs stronger!

Does anyone else find this logic more than a bit flawed?

ps. Cosmik--Is it true that the fixer grid has been taken from us and put into the expansion pack? That the super-duper fixer thing that we were promised five months ago is now going to cost extra?

Rook
    Do you know what is the best weapon for a <insert profession name here> is up to around level 15 or so? None. Using Martial Arts, regardless of the IP cost is about the best attack for new characters. That's how defining the first 15 or so levels are for a player of any profession: they aren't. In terms of numerical levels, we're talking about 10% of the character's lifetime with an advantage.

The point here is this all means absolutely nothing in the end. It's a crutch getting handed to new players to ease the initial learning curve. I can blink and miss the first 30 levels, depending on which side and profession I choose. Only thing a change like this will mean is if I reroll, I can't token farm via /terminate
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Post Yep

This change is absolutely being implemented to stop token farming. Don't be fooled by any other excuse.

Don't believe what Cozmik said about waiting until the next billing cycle to be too sneaky for him to even think of. More reputable companies have done worse. I wouldn't put it past Funcom at all. Take a look at the product we're paying for, it's not really even release worthy.

Also, MA skill (hand to hand) is a good way to survive with a low lvl char if you don't want to spend any money. However, MA skill and brawl will cost IP. I'll disagree and say that after lvl 6, getting a ql 15-20ish weapon, that you plan to stick with and then having it wrangled on, is a better choice. LvL 1-6 can be made without spending any IP on MA, just STR, and you'll do better than some profs do with their startup weapon.

I wouldnt expect 14.2 before August or Sept. That way Funcom only has to patch once before the Baloney Expansion pack comes out. Why would Funcom spend resourses on Patches and bugfixes when the already told us they took resourses from these areas to work on an unwanted Expansion that is just a way to generate fast cash.

Expect 1 maybe 2 patches that actually change stuff ingame before December.

From the Test Dimension launcher on the patch that was applied today:

Changes from 14.2.0.5-14.2.0.6

General changes:
    -Fixed a bug causing some items to be marked as nodrop in stores, and therefore impossible to buy.
    -The rewards from the "Trash King Quest" now have the correct requirements and description.
    -"The Repressor" now have the correct description.
    -The "Death loop protection" is now working again. This had to be altered in connection to the new death penalty limits. The functionality is as before, but will not kick in before after level 2.
    -Visual effects like nightvision goggles will no longer apply for everyone in the playfield.
    -The Agent Undercover Kits are now in the game. These are used by agents to change side without the time delay on ordinary forms.
    -The "Boss modifier items" are no longer dropping from bosses in Team missions.
    -All players who had problems getting their items out of reclaim terminals when we first patched to 14.20, should now be able to get them.
    -Visual effects on invisible players should now be completely gone, on all distances.
    Again, you'll note bugs fixes that would have prevented the patch from going to Live (we hope)
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Still it should have been:

"Made a major change to the pet pating wich now will make your pet follow you 2 feet behind you whenever you /pet follow. Chairs, shelves, tables, walls, anyting and floor will no longer capture pets."

......but I'm just dreaming.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Jeret
    I wouldnt expect 14.2 before August or Sept. That way Funcom only has to patch once before the Baloney Expansion pack comes out. Why would Funcom spend resourses on Patches and bugfixes when the already told us they took resourses from these areas to work on an unwanted Expansion that is just a way to generate fast cash.

Expect 1 maybe 2 patches that actually change stuff ingame before December.
    I doubt it will be that long. This is the kind of thing that I think they need to program, release, and then make sure it works fine before they all but abandon "free" changes to work on the expansion pack. They give us this major patch to placate us for 6 months while they work on shadowlands. Which, Frankly, I'm ok with.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I've been hearing tidbits that the patch will be released this week.

How about an official word? (Not like it hasn't been asked for a million times)

Im guessing they make sure the lastest patch out now is working ok and on the 30th they patch it to live

Originally posted by Mor
    Im guessing they make sure the lastest patch out now is working ok and on the 30th they patch it to live
    Tomorrow?

I have a question for everyone. I came back to the game right after the last patch was implemented. Now, there's a forum up that mentions it going live on the 10th of April. My question is did they give any warning before putting out the patch or did it just show up one day?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by Jeret
    I would not call the expansion pack "un-wanted". This game is in serious need of good high-level hunting and i garuntee thats whats in this expansion pack. I think this expansion IS NEEDED for the game to survive. Sure its a way to gain fast cash, but funcom has stated that no new outdoor zones will be released outside of an expansion. While it may be "baloney" it is certainly not un-needed or un-wanted.
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

Last edited by BoomDoom; May 29th, 2002 at 21:02:50.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast