Thread: Gamespy's screenshots from Shadowlands

While it does look cool, I'm beginning to wonder if Funcom isn't just a tad perverse.

The only complaints about graphics I've ever heard are 1) that it's too dark. 2) Overly complicated citys w/o depth blocking cause a framerate hit. What do we all love about the graphics? Sunrise, Sunsets, waterfalls, storms over rolling green hills, enigma forests, sunbaked oasis & cozy little huts in the swamp, etc.

Way to play to your strengths guys.

My GeForce 3 doesn't have any framerate issues... =P

I just wish they'd open up the zones that are gaping holes in the existing Planet map. At a minimum open up the zones that they already sell maps to at the Basic Store. The Spur, The Reck, Plains of Salt, etc.

Everyone I know in ao has crap FPS.

Even with a gf4, it runs crap? :/

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I just wish they'd open up the zones that are gaping holes in the existing Planet map. At a minimum open up the zones that they already sell maps to at the Basic Store. The Spur, The Reck, Plains of Salt, etc.
    Yeah, this is the most glaring absence for AO, not a 'through the looking glass' shadow realm. Shadowlands sounds neat, I'll admit, but there are a lot of zones that they just seem to have forgotten about. Or are they for the December 2003 expansion?

Scorus

Looks like the same boring shyt we look at now. Only difference is we'll be running missions in new place. Same boring crap with just a new look.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Everyone I know in ao has crap FPS.

Even with a gf4, it runs crap? :/
    I have crap FPS on rare occasion in cities like Omni-Trade, when a lot of people are hanging around by the grid. It quickly clears itself up, though..

Duron 700, 384mb ram
    GeForce 4 Ti4600
    Hercules GameTheatre XP

[qoute]Looks like the same boring shyt we look at now. Only difference is we'll be running missions in new place. Same boring crap with just a new look.[/quote]

If its so boring why are you still here? OUT!

Most of the framerate problems are due to what I call "crap" hardware. Get a decent computer, and most of the framerate issues goes away. Completely. In BS the game wants 350 MB all by itself. Its demanding, but the alternative is probably some text based MUD. Got 256MB? Then your disk will start talking to you, and the screen will show you slideshows... But its not only memory. Upgraded from an old ATI card to yesterdays G3, and wow, tings where so much better.

I have yet to crash in BS, so if anyone would call that just luck, go ahead, my fire AC is way up anyway

My computer has a Geforce2 and such, and I ask what is this lag you talk about? I, like most people with computers and connections not donatedby god, have some issues in BS, 20k and Trade, but it is natural. Tsk, if all else fails lower screen resolution. I usualy like to play at a mode where I can still read the text clearly. One of my friends has microscopic text and I wonder why he never responds to me, he is too lagged up and can't see the small text. Remember, only YOU can prevent low fps.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Uuuh, falling behind here, whats this? think i did read something in the NT forum, NT and MP only? or was it Nanomage?

Kinda creapy

( Atroxes are scared of the dark. SHHH, dont tell anyone )
    Nargothronds
    Level 125 Enforcer
    Advisor Of Deus Ex Machina
    Rubi-Ka 2

Thumbs up

I think Shadowlands looks pretty damn cool. Maybe the 'specializations' talked about in the article is the upper level content we have all been looking for.

Thought this forum could use some optimism...
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

1.5ghz
    512 ddr ram
    42.gig hd
    geforce 3
    512k Conn

Buying a GF4 or when the next one is out which is soon heh.

What else well, I have freed up all the memoery I can, made sure nothing in the background is taking resources.

I have tried in minumum resolution and settings.

Every other game runs as smooth as **** but, AO, im sorry something is not liking my Comp.

I "USED" to get around 80-100fps in mission, now i get like 30.
    I used to get a nice 50-60 outside now,...im lucky to get a constant 25?

I have tried many drivers, many reinstalls, have done 3 formats during the period of my AO account.

MY brothers PC, my 4 friends PC i have seen AO run exactly the same.

Hmm

Duron 700, 384mb PC133 ram, GeForce 4 Ti4600, Hercules Game Theatre XP.

I get about 40-50 fps in missions, around 20-30 outdoors, or in cities. Running the game at 1024x768 windowed with all of the effects on, I'd say I'm doing damn well.

If you're having issues, lower your resolution. However, if you're running at 1024x768 or less and having those issues, I promise you, the issue is on your end. The game runs fine for most people... your system should have no issues with those specs.

im with cloudeh on this one

same problems here.

P3 1gig
    512 133 RAM
    Win2k
    GF3
    SBLive

done a couple formats, latest drivers, etc. FPS is like 8 in trade or east ent, teens and 20's outdoors, 30's and up indoors. can't figure it out.
    Long Live Fizban! Or is it Zifnab?

Haplo23 - 68 Omni Fixer
    Slimtinkerer - 57 Omni Eng

*cough*SBLive PCI hog system hog cycle thief*wheeze*

Exclamation

Athlon 1.76 Ghz
    512 MB DDR PC2100
    100 GB IBM Harddrive
    Cable Modem
    Geforce 4 Ti 4600

Runs fine for me =]

p.s. Shadowlands looks f*cking sweet as hell, flying puffy fish that all wanna meet my beam...=]

ok so sblive is hog...

then what do i need to do to disable some of sblive's features runner?
    Long Live Fizban! Or is it Zifnab?

Haplo23 - 68 Omni Fixer
    Slimtinkerer - 57 Omni Eng