Thread: Just out of curiosity.

Just out of curiosity.

OOC

How the RPers see the constant pvp sinse last patch, and how much does it shows the wish of general player population to see peace on RK? And considering this, how high you believe is the chanse to see peace on RK in near (or even distant) future?
    Last edited by seventshadow; Apr 12th, 2004 at 13:30:41.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

/ooc on

Well, on rk2 it doesn't really affect me as my character is pretty much just a social character that I rarely strap on armor any more. On rk1 though, where I normally play, I think it's pretty neat. Though, it would be nice if these uber people would....SHOOT THE DANG ENEMY instead of EACH OTHER. They would cry holy hell if it was in an arena and soomeone from same side "ganked" them. Having said that, I do see less and less of the foolishness where same sides were blasting each other and more "invasions" of enemy cities. Now that is a big improvement to me and it makes the war seem more real.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((OOC I've had no problems with this so far, even stopping to buff a few of the PvP flagged people I've seen.

The issue I had with the event in Borealis a few months back was people were going about their daily business when the gas dropped, and OT players started ganking people around the shops and camping reclaim terminals. I haven't seen any of that happening here.
    ))

((OOC: What Keldros said. Also, those that are taking up peace on Rubi-Ka as a good thing also go at it by different means. Political savy and equalizing the sides. This is a fad, and it will go the way of other fads. Into the history with naught but a few flare-ups now and then.))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

OOC stuff belongs elsewhere. Moving to Life on Rimor.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

I think it's funny to watch the devs shoot themselves in the foot again, very amusing to see how the best of intentions can go horribly wrong.

Also interesting to see how now pretty much any area with guards in it is a danger area now, doesn't really matter if it's your own side or the other side. Personally I make sure I'm buffed up and in full def at all times on RK now, since because of various sploits/bugs/weirdness you could get ganked pretty much anywhere these days. Luckily I'm an adventurer, and so not easy to gank. Feel sorry for the crats though...

Would love to see Cz run a poll on it, see what the people feel about it.

From my (extremely) limited RP perspective btw: You can't really kill people in this game, hence ganking the enemy means diddly squat, pretty much. The war between clan and omnis is about control of the planet, and control of the planet depends on controlling the mining of notum. Anything else is just frippery in my book.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Gah! Double post....
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

OOC
    I wish it would be 25% rather then 5% cause clanners vrs clanners or omni vrs omni is just anoying when some moran with something to prove wipes out half the people guarding something when they are lookin for someone of the other side to see who just killed person next to u
    There is no mercy like Darkkmercy.

OOC
    Why make it 25%? Why not make it 0% instead? (fog of war etc.)

If you want to be sure you have the right target, check names...I'm sure most PvPers are literate. There are enough lazy players who just hit tab-q, then leave for a snack, we don't need any more.