Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IGN Preview of Shadowlands

The expansion does look pretty cool. I especially like the city of Jobe. The other additions like specialization and profession specific equipment should help to make the game more interesting. I hope they add epic-type weapons also so that the high level people have something more to do.

One question that I have is whats going to happen to all the changes like guild houses and capturing territory that aren't listed in the expansion info? They need to focus on changes that add to gameplay because they are not going to be able compete with the graphics of games like SWG, EQ2, or AC2.

One element that I don't aggree with is that Omni players will represented by demons and clanners by angels in shadowlands. How you are represented should depend on your actions and not the side you pick. The implementation of a reputation system kind of like that in UO should be a requirement in a game like this. It rediculous that omni/clan players can attack omni/clan guards and players loyal to omni/clan can't help the guards.

Originally posted by Mor
    That's kinda more than I expected

I dunno who can say anything bad about it, but on this board... I'm sure someone will.
    Making an expansion pack before the game is even fixed = Bad.

Charging us for things that sould have been in at release = Bad.

Charging us for essential balance items/skills = Bad

Retracting resources away from monthy patching so that you can make us pay for a really big patch in 6 months = Really bad.

That enough for you?

Anarchy Online=Good
    Expansion=Good
    Saying things will be worse without any facts backing it up=Really Bad

let me repost that, you are a little on the slow side...

Making an expansion pack before the game is even fixed = Bad.

Charging us for things that sould have been in at release = Bad.

Charging us for essential balance items/skills = Bad

Retracting resources away from monthy patching so that you can make us pay for a really big patch in 6 months = Really bad.
    As you can clearly see, only the last one is an assumption that can't be backed up.

However it's a strong opinion based off of the crap they have been shoveling at us in the recent patches, combined with the lack of content in recent patches, the delay of several items, the removal of the envisioned list, and the severe lack in the art department (The ICC cloaks and the agent mask to be precise)

Originally posted by Graukonig
    One element that I don't aggree with is that Omni players will represented by demons and clanners by angels in shadowlands. How you are represented should depend on your actions and not the side you pick. The implementation of a reputation system kind of like that in UO should be a requirement in a game like this. It rediculous that omni/clan players can attack omni/clan guards and players loyal to omni/clan can't help the guards.
    Reading around online, I see that we loyal Omni-Tek employees are being considered "evil," and will be displayed as such when we enter the Shadowlands. This is gross slander in the least, and I will not stand for it. The clans are just as, if not more, at fault for the war than Omni-Tek... and those of us doing our jobs are not "evil." A broad generalization like "clanners are good/angels and omni employees are evil/devils" is demeaning and insulting.

My lawyer will soon be in touch regarding this matter, and documents regarding a trial date will be forthcoming.

OOC - Personally, I think the Neutrals should probably be the ones with the halos, and the clans AND omnis different kinds of devils. They've both commited their dark sins, while the neutrals just want no part of it...

see funcom has good ideas, they just can't seem to bring out into code
    Do you Anarchy?
    Mangle
    Serenaid

Weird info

What I want to know is what is up with this quote from the second page..
    from IGN
    In addition to new armor and weapons, existing items will be upgradeable or "wargleable" to a degree players haven't seen yet.
    Is the IGN reporter trying to say wrangleable? Is that even a word? Does the reporter even know what wrangles do? How does a wrangle upgrade a piece of equipment? I want some armor I can upgrade and put on with a wrangle.

Some goofy misinfo at the end there.. Oh well. I do think that Zeroshift is right on one point. They want to sell the expansion, so they'll probably do less but bigger content patches with a new cd to sell more boxes.
    posted by Crin
    It won't come out til next year and will pull resources away from the current game. And you thought it was taking a long time to get patches now...
    I'd guess this is dead on. Will it make everyone leave in droves? Prolly not.. This is marketing for the new box. They can use patch items as bullet points to sell the product. It's kinda' funny.

I'm actually excited to see some of this stuff while at the same time concerned about adding in new professions when old ones aren't even fully functional as of yet. There now it's a whiney fanboy thread to make everyone confused and melancholy.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

I think this looks pretty cool, though I disagree with the horns/halo bit...

((Muwhaahha. 666th post. Man, I really have no life.))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by Garr1
    see funcom has good ideas, they just can't seem to bring out into code
    The thing is that the guys who launched and have tried to debug the AO code are not the same guys who came up with the original concepts and started writing the code. I think the post-Shadowlands game will be the game that the current people would have made in the first place, which bodes well for their ability to produce it, I think.

Scorus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12