Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN Preview of Shadowlands

IGN Preview of Shadowlands

Hadn't seen the link yet myself. In case you're interested.. http://pc.ign.com/articles/360/360429p1.html has new info and concept art on Anarchy Online: Shadowlands from E3.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Yeah that sky in some of those screenshots looks wicked
    Do you Anarchy?
    Mangle
    Serenaid

daaamn.

Certainly /sounds/ freakin amazing...

I have to say I like the H. R. Geiger-esque style of the drawings for the shadowlands.

I'm just interested in two things:

Do they really intend to make those beasties that big? (Check the generic man next to them.) That eel would be more than scary.

Where can I get my hands on that there AO Editor? Wanna.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

What is this "dark bleed"?
    Money is everything.

That's kinda more than I expected

I dunno who can say anything bad about it, but on this board... I'm sure someone will.

Only think I hate it that big guilds will get that big ass embryo thing first.

Look new unique nodrops what ya call them?
    Hell let me get the current ones first!

They forgot to include storm in that pic didnt they?

Looks cool none the less, cant wait.

Originally posted by Cloudeh

They forgot to include storm in that pic didnt they?

Ummmm...... look again. See the bottom left area of the pic?

EDIT: hmmm...... i tried posting the link, but it just takes you to a login screen. Oh well.

EDIT #2: OH, i see. It wont let you view more than 25pics per day on their sight, w/o signing up.

So here's the link to that pic. ...... i hope.
    Last edited by Crazin Azin; May 24th, 2002 at 05:09:29.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Whoa, I'm scared and excited at the same time. It looks like it is going to be cool, I can't wait!

From the concept art, the architecture of the dimension door looks a lot like Jobe. I assume the story is going to be that Jobe scientists discovered a new dimension (The same in-game justification for moving from server to server) and the portal is opened to all who can enter safely.

Originally posted by MooKids
    Whoa, I'm scared and excited at the same time. It looks like it is going to be cool, I can't wait!

From the concept art, the architecture of the dimension door looks a lot like Jobe. I assume the story is going to be that Jobe scientists discovered a new dimension (The same in-game justification for moving from server to server) and the portal is opened to all who can enter safely.
    Yes, and since the portal is in liquid, you need to have 890 skill in Swimming.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Wow This looks good, htye sure haven't lost their ambition

Lets hope they can pull it of, the only thing I got a bit dissapointed about was the release date... Next year? Gues they will have it ready for all those that come back from SWG

I also hope they will implement animated weapons this time. Would be a nice addition.

And that large beast with the man in front. Did you notice the "wolf" that is riding on its head?

I liked the concept art for the agent stuff... Took bad they couldn't bring it to life in-game.

That agent armor just... doesn't look very agenty without the cloak....

It also probably looks like crap on an opifex.

Does anyone else think that a city seen in the animated story's intro is Jobe?

Thumbs up

Must have...Expansion! Must have...Expansion!!!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Talking Star Gate

That dimentional door looks very much like a star gate (from the Movie/Tv Series), but i like the series and it looks kewl... so woo hoo

Originally posted by Mor
    I dunno who can say anything bad about it, but on this board... I'm sure someone will.
    Hmm... Let me try.

It won't come out til next year and will pull resources away from the current game. And you thought it was taking a long time to get patches now...

Because of the expansion, patches will probably come every two months and only consist of somebody tweaking a few numbers in the database.

How's that for bad

Is it me or do the "Dark Breed" look like Dark archons from starcraft?
    Dark Archon

Is it me or does the new doctor suit also look like something out of starcraft?

Clickety Click

PS make Enfs turn into these!

Rar!

mmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; May 24th, 2002 at 18:44:59.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    I liked the concept art for the agent stuff... Took bad they couldn't bring it to life in-game.

That agent armor just... doesn't look very agenty without the cloak....

It also probably looks like crap on an opifex.
    I bet it will look great, as soon as your opifex agent can get the 700 Str/ 700 Psy that will be required to wear it.

Scorus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast