Thread: security

security

I was not sure where to start this thread. So the best choice would be here.
    Now from being around alot of the players in AO, I know that we have a lot of very knowledgable people in the security area.

I think it would be very helpfull to the not so internet security savy,
    if people that know this well, or have some thoughts or helpfull sites, to post their ideas. It would go along way in helping in todays internet world..
    Last edited by Dai-Galean; May 23rd, 2002 at 18:36:49.

A site I read alot

http://www.cert.org/

The CERT® Coordination Center (CERT/CC) is a center of Internet security expertise, at the Software Engineering Institute, a federally funded research and development center operated by Carnegie Mellon University. We study Internet security vulnerabilities, handle computer security incidents, publish security alerts, research long-term changes in networked systems, and develop information and training to help you improve security at your site.

Dai, I think it would be a good idea to make an announcement on this one for a short while. Most people tend to search on Cosmik/Cz and don't look very often in this specific forum. This is too good to be left out methinks.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Just wondering... how good is the sequrity with passwords on this forum... ?
    Thinking that we must use our AO user and pass...

Originally posted by Flapsie
    Just wondering... how good is the sequrity with passwords on this forum... ?
    Thinking that we must use our AO user and pass...
    When logging in the browser uses SSL encryption. And thats the only time password and username gets transferred.
    ~Lone