Thread: Spider-Man ROCKS!

Cool Spider-Man ROCKS!

I just saw it tonight and was amazed. They packed so much into that movie. It has to be one of the 10 best movies I have ever seen. Tobey Maquire seemed an unlikely choice for the web-slinger, but he did a great job. Willem Dafoe was awesome as Green Goblin. The CGI in this movie was some of the most life-like I have seen.
    If you have not seen it yet... GO SEE THIS MOVIE!
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Yeah, and if you're girlfriend doesn't want to go see it because she thinks it's stupid, tell her that it's a love story.

Fave scenes

My favourite scenes were the J. Jonah Jameson office scenes, where everything is so in-out, too much to do, and it was played off perfectly.

That, and the alley kissing scene.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

WAAAAAH!!! I want to see it too!

Yes...

It was indeed an excellent movie, best comic adaptation I have seen since the Dr. Strange movie, but I have one serious problem with the movie.

What the h*** were they thinking there at the end? That was a completely unreasonable and unrealistic decision.

- Tboo

Thumbs up Agreed

Big thumbs up here!

Yep, great movie but there is one thing that puzzle me. In more then one scene, the movie are trying to convince us how Tobey Maquire have so much talent and interest in science. In the end, his dream was to become a photographer?!

I've seen spiderman now, and quite frankly, I'm kinda disappointed.

I should have anticipated it though. Most movies that comes from cartoons have their stories altered. Anyway, the story was not too much altered. I can live with that.

No biggie.

The one thing I DO feel is WAY out of place, is the way the he spins his web. In the movie, he spins the web from his hands. HIS BARE HANDS!!! That is not the way things are! SPIDERMAN DOESN'T DO THAT! Spuiderman has these mechanical devices that shoots out a chemical mixture he made himself (and alot of scientists are actually trying to make copies of the webformulae, but are unable because Peter is such a science-wiz). That is a MAJOR flaw in the mechanics of the movie. There are some glitches concerning his girlfriends and such, but I will try to not give out too much spoilerinformation on that. Yet. There is also several scenes where you can actually see the microphone above the actors' heads. How can they not have seen that? How can they think: Doesn't matter if we can see the mike. This movie isn't good enough to be worth it to edit it.

Besides that, after seeing the movie, I had a warm feeling inside, actuyally hoping for a sequel.

Re: Yes...

Originally posted by Tboo
    It was indeed an excellent movie, best comic adaptation I have seen since the Dr. Strange movie, but I have one serious problem with the movie.

What the h*** were they thinking there at the end? That was a completely unreasonable and unrealistic decision.

- Tboo

If you've read the comics, you'll know that it is the closest to the "real" story as they could get. Changing that last part would really screw up the storyline, if you know what I meen.

Originally posted by Skybert

The one thing I DO feel is WAY out of place, is the way the he spins his web. In the movie, he spins the web from his hands. HIS BARE HANDS!!! That is not the way things are! SPIDERMAN DOESN'T DO THAT!
    The wife and I decided the probably went for no web shooters so they wouldn't have to devote any precious screen time to explaining how Peter Parker got the stuff he needed to manufacture the web shooters in the movie. Although there were mentions of him being a genious, he didn't ever actually have any lab time in the movie.

Anyway, it was a major change, but since they didn't focus on it too much it didn't matter to me. :)

true. it still was a good movie, but it kinda upset me when they change stuff. But I should have gotten used to that. Almost every other superherocartoon(s) they make movies out of have that.

So I guess it's ok.

Almost every book that turns into a movie gets the same treatment as well. (slight change of story, details etc....)

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Fight/action scenes were well done. Spidey sure can take a beating
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Ok time to prove how little the last 26 years of my life have been.

1) The spinnerets that peter had in the movie where taken from spiderman 2099 series. Stan lee quoted on a web forum as saying "They went better with the overall story and just was a cooler idea"??????? Anyway WTF didn't he have em to begin with..

2)Peter did in fact turn Mary Jane Watson down in the comic. He never told her the truth till much later. She ends up going back to Osborn and almost gettin married. Then in the last like 5 years, after the clone saga they end up gettin married. But i didn't reasd much the series after The clone saga. Superman is the man but the GL is now god.

3)The costume favors Stann lee's design but has alot of Alex ross's style thrown in.

4) And finally....Venom will not be the next spider villian....Why you ask????? Easy He's not licensed by sony....But Doc OC and the sand man are. But it will probably be The big fat man himself. King Pin.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Why not

The Hobgoblin. They've already set it up.

Plus i think DocOct would be great. I never cared much for him in th comics, but i want to see the CGI rendering.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor