Thread: Can we please have a timeline?

Can we please have a timeline?

I am finding it increasingly difficult to define my character and his role in the plight on Rubi-Ka due to lack of information, and I'm sure most other people are having the same problem.

I just finished reading the AO book last night and while it has helped me to understand a lot of what is going on, I think it is unfair to require anyone who wants a clue to buy and read the book. Also, there is not much information in the book that deals with the time between when Rubi-Ka was colonized and the present. For example, when did the Clans first form? When did Omni-2 fall? When was the Council of Truth formed? All these things should be common knowledge, yet nobody knows any of it for certain.

It seems that for the people who created the story, it would be a simple matter to create a timeline with short blurbs about the different events, and this would help amazingly for those of us trying to fit in on this planet. It would also clear up a lot of disinformation out there about when and what has happened. For example, I've seen info on different major sites that say that Omni-Tek was formed in the 22nd century, invented and patented nanotech in the 3500s, and that they first leased Rubi-Ka in the year c. 5600, all of which are very false and misleading according to the novel.

Also, supposedly Omni-Tek is leasing this planet from the ICC under a contract which has very strict control over Omni-Tek's conduct on the planet. Yet nobody has the faintest idea what the restrictions are on Omni-Tek, other than pricing control on the notum. Considering that the main objective of the clans should be to force Omni-Tek to break it's lease, I think it is paramount that the clans have at least some idea of what rules the ICC in enforcing.

If the players could be given any of this information, I think it would make for a much, much better story environment for all the players who want to participate. Right now, there are many of us trying to find our place in the world, but without any actual game facts to develop off of, people are inventing their own storylines, which creates confusion and frustration.
    Last edited by Luxxan; Dec 2nd, 2001 at 00:36:05.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Good point, specially since i dont have the energy to read the book my self =)
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek