Thread: New animation changes and stab

New animation changes and stab

Was I just having a bad day, was I in a team where all members shared agg, a combination of the two, or are the new way that mob animations are displayed, stunned mob's mainly, making it very hard to stab mobs while tanking? (forward, stab1, back, forward, stab2, back, forward, stab3, back, etc, etc)

Sure sometimes timing is off and the perk chain times out, or sometimes you just cannot seem to get behind the mob easily, but that comes and goes, in my experience, from mob to mob. Usually though, i don't much problems stabing and tanking.

Three Pen hard missions after the new patch and i would have to say over 50% of my tanking/stabbing attempts were messed up one way or another. Prepatch, if i messed up the stab chain, it would happen a few times (3-5) a mission. Postpatch it seems to be every other mob was giving me problems.
    All your life beware of women. For they are far more dangerous then men.

Dracutza - QL220 Shade - General of Paragon Order

I also had the same kind of troubles.

Was mostly in raid situations. I didnt notice any real difference solo except that I maybe got to get used to that new animation thingy.

In a Pande raid tho, I'd see the mob's back and instantly backstab or PM depending on refreshes but, since that patch, it's like mobs are frozen once stunned/mezzed and once agg flickers you cant say if you're still facing that mob's back or front. It is kinda annoying to have to run around the mob trying to find its back then realize that agg flickered again and you again have to do the same or screw a whole chain ...

Maybe this should be posted as feedback in the 16.4 section of the forum if more shades experience the same ?

its always been like this. they sould make the mobs once stuned cant move back and forth as it is in pvp expt when the person has already pressed q or auto attack on.

thier are lots of mobs that are a real pain to get behind, like aliums/faction mobs/dragons
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

I dont think you got me there so I'll try to explain again.

Say someone pull a hiisi, someone stuns it as the enfo mongos to grab agg. From that point, the hiisi is frozen into a stunned stance tho as the raid force is hitting it, agg then flickers to someone else thus making the mob 'supposingly' facing another direction than facing the enfo. But, the frozen mob is still facing the same direction, like it is still stunned, as it was just a couple seconds ago and then making it really hard to know where its back is until it's dead.

Errr .... hope I made myself clear ...

Anyways, at least, it wasn't the case for me before those patches (16.4.x). When the stun wore off, the mob would immediatly face the toon at the top of its hate list. I didnt have to run around the mob to 'find' its back to finally launch every back attack I have in my toolset. To say the least, it's nearly impossible to land 5 PM perks in a row when you have to run around one mob.

Maybe it is a bug, maybe it is just me experiencing that, so, Ill ask a couple advy/shade mates just to make sure but I never had a problem stabbing or PMing an alien, dragon or anything up until then ( unless I lagged ).

Am I the only shade seeing this happening ?

PS: I might have myself misread the OP. Sorry if it is the case. If it was about PM dancing probs ... tanking different types of mobs can be hard at times since you have to find that point where the mob turns back and forth. I, myself, didnt notice any difference as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticshade View Post
    its always been like this.
    yes, it's always been a pain PM "dancing" with a mob to find it's back, but no, not to the extent that is has been after this patch.

As i said in the original post, prepatch, my PM chain would be ruined a few times during a mission if i am tanking. Postpatch it was easily ruined 40%-60% of the time.

I however, have found a work around for it. I just extend the distance that I run back and forth, and the time between these movements. Before it was a quick forward, perk, back, perk, forward, perk, back, perk, etc. Now it's more of a forward, hesitate 1 second, perk, back, hesitate 1 second, perk, etc.

Not as fast and fluid as it used to be, but seems to work. After running 5 or 6 Pen missions over the weekend, I'm back down to ruining my PM chain ~6-10 times a mission.
    All your life beware of women. For they are far more dangerous then men.

Dracutza - QL220 Shade - General of Paragon Order

I've gone from forward-perk-back-perk to forward-back-perk... takes a little longer but seems to be more reliable.

I wish Funcom would trust the client on making the desicions if you're behind target or not. The lag can vary from time to time and is therefore unreliable.

bump, noticed this issue.