Thread: Nano Formula Recompiler un-equippable

Nano Formula Recompiler un-equippable

Cannot get this little beastie installed no matter what combination I try.

Yes, my comp liter skill is high enough. Yes, my belt has free slots and is high enough QL.

Slot number?

Some belt components can only be installed in one specific slot. Check the item description. If a component e.g. requires slot 5, and you don't have a belt with 5 slots, you can not install the component.

Cz

Question My compilers says i need a belt with slots free

doesnt say anything about which slot...

i think it is broken why dont you just make it so we can use them in a one slot belt if we choose.

what is the point in requireing a specific slot?

lol

Slot 6

If memory serves, recompilers go in slot 6 and are clearly marked as such. 6-slot belts are quite rare so I'm guessing you probably don't have one.
    Private First Class Katelin "Athaclena" Demesa (Babe), Manager
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat, Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    "If at first you don't succeed destroy any evidence that you ever tried at all."

Unhappy Reason for Inserting in sixth slot.

FC required that the recompiler be inserted in the sixth slot so as to require a higher ability in Comp Lit and thus a higher level character so as to give valuable rewards only to those who have earned the right to use them by progressing through the game.

This is the same reason range extenders only really become useful after level 50. Oops, my bad. Range extenders aren't useful for anyone now since the range is CAPPED at 40m.!!!!!!!!!

Vass

nice of em to fix recompilers so that they work, and then remove 6 slot belts u need to use em from mission rewards at the same time aint it?

oh and removin the NCUs from mission rewards u need when u eat up NCU slots for nano toys was a nice addition too,

bring back belts and ncu's!

Re: Slot number?

Originally posted by Cz
    Some belt components can only be installed in one specific slot. Check the item description. If a component e.g. requires slot 5, and you don't have a belt with 5 slots, you can not install the component.

Cz
    Great how about putting the 6 slot belts back in as rewards! Seems nobody can get them anymore for some reason...

Seems a bit odd to make a device that fits into slot 6 but not be able to get a 6 slot belt. Oh sure there are a few floating about, but at 15 to 30 Million each who can afford em?

whats even more ironic is recompilers start at such a low level that by the time you have enough computer lit to wear a 6th slot belt you can use one about 3x its quality

whats even more annoying is to see guys on ebay selling 6-slots for $25 a piece, and when you look at their screenshots they have a whole fregin bag full of the things...I think funcom is trying to make up for the enormous money they are losing on this game by selling stuff on ebay...hmmmmm?