Thread: We Need More High Lvl Hunting Spots!!!! Fix It Bump!

We Need More High Lvl Hunting Spots!!!! Fix It Bump!

Here is deal.

We have fun till lvl 120 last lvl possible to get good Xp from ACE camp or Mort.

After lvl 120 we turn into mission runners we run same old boring ql 190 missions.

Why? Becasue its much better then outside spots.
    Why its better, its in Broken Shores/2ok its fast easy XP and reward/loot.

Solution we need more outside hunting spots for high lvl gamers.

But not that its like medusas... which are as hard to kill as Real mean Rascal but give less XP.

Outside hunting spots should be as good as missions so player might chose.
    Why?

How i see good hunting spot.

Its far away from save lets say PW.
    Its in 25% zone so chance to be ganked
    Its harder to hunt monsters are stronger and might be some special mob appera times to times.
    It give more XP per kill then then monster who are same hard but in missions. To compensate traweling time and chances to be ganked and also no reward/chest loot.
    It also should be for lvl 120+ so people will get 60+k XP.

If you tired of missions lets bump it till they fix it we are paying for this game and funcom must hear us.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I am pretty sure high-level content will be in the Shadowlands expansion. Unfortunately, until that time I guess the VHLPs just have to muddle through or take a break until it comes out.

Swerve

Agreed...

Ya, having missions as the only way to get decent experience is pretty sad.
    How hard is it to place a few high lvl mobs out in the wilderness?

More high level hunting spots and more importantly more content like quests with motivating rewards to change from the on going killing for exp only.

How about putting some......

save points in the east lands, I mean they are the high lvl lands except everyone is to scared to travel there and fight, incase they die and have to spend an hour flying back. I have traveled there only about 4 times, I went thru every zone from tir downwards and I didnt see anyone until I reached 20k, I also used the list command in each zone which displayed no-one.

Now it was about 20 lvls ago last I was there and im 136, so some of it will be greener, but last time everything was red virtually, I dont see funcoms problem, we just need a clan wompa right in the centre of those lands and a save point.

some thoughts on outdoors hunting

there needs to be some larger cities or outposts added in those spots with high level mobs, i know where lots of spawns are but getting a team is tricky unless i can get all my friends online.

At the low level end of the game, say up to level 60 it is perfectly viable to hunt non-human mobs, at the highend it is not, in my opinion non-human mobs are much to hard compared to their equivalent level human mob, they do more damage (often rad or chem hence more damage), seem to hit more often, have more hp and give LESS exp than a human mob. I think this is an important point to be addressed. The risk is not worth hunting non-humans.

I love hunting, i have rediscovered its joys with a low level MA, one thing that has struck me is the number of people doing missions, i can have the spawn from 3 or 4 ZONES all to myself, whilst thats nice for me, i know later on to hunt i will need some partners, but they will all be missioning. I think that hunting should be made more viable so people get out and explore again. its not all newland grid BS/pleasent meadows you know.
    I also think missions should be made more difficult, they are missions they are not meant to be walkthroughs that they are. make the mobs go mad aggro hehe, great fun

Exclamation Your guess is as good as mine

My guess is the end result will be they nerf mission mob xp to complete crap, and leave outdoor hunting like the joke that it is now.

Teams = xp. Slowoling, I mean, soloing, is very very very slow. It works out ok at lower levels, a good time to build up a token base (I don't mean term-token-farming either) and snag crap loot to dump at vendors. It redefines tedium later on.

Teams don't go out in the wilds for many reasons. Time vs Reward is the major reason. A lot of people like to say Risk vs Reward, but there is no risk in PvM, only lost time; rezzing, regaining the xp lost and travelling back. Well, you could say that you risk wasting an entire evening and have nothing to show for it
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

bump
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

BIG BUMP ...starting to see that same City of Home map in my sleep

Meegah
    133 MA Proud member of Red Tigers

Re: How about putting some......

Originally posted by Casablanca
    save points in the east lands, I mean they are the high lvl lands except everyone is to scared to travel there and fight, incase they die and have to spend an hour flying back. I have traveled there only about 4 times, I went thru every zone from tir downwards and I didnt see anyone until I reached 20k, I also used the list command in each zone which displayed no-one.
    There's a save spot in Hollow Mountain (2200,2200 Belial Forest I think), but the monsters there and in the surrounding zones are orange at best at my level (142). There are a few red ones, but they're few and far between, and that doesn't make it worth while xp-wise. I still love hunting in those areas though, cause there's a lot of great scenery out there.

The main reason people don't go hunt there I think is the fact that it's a mayhem zone. One need not look further than Mort to see how popular PvP zones are for hunting.

But did you go south from Tir? Cause I tried that once at level 80 or so when I had a mission in Deep Artery Valley (the zone south from Tir County) but couldn't - the zonewall was red south from Tir. I had to grid to 2ho and fly east (which is the way I normally go when going to the Artery Valleys or Belial Forest).
    Last edited by Archelan; May 25th, 2002 at 16:17:19.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

For a moment thought Letah started this thread

Thumbs up

Totally agree, some people may say something about red mobs in the most remote area possible on Rubi-Ka that no-ones cares about, but what we really need is a few DECENT hunting spots!

Lots of Xp, tough mobs, maybe even moderate loot to give mission-lovers a reason to try it out... Don't put it near a save point, that will lower the chances of us engineers getting a team from 2% to 1%, raise the demand for beacon warp =)

*Evil Laugh*

And one more thing, make em in places where people might notice it!

From early levels there are great hunting spots with recognisable features in the landscape...

Bot mountain (the big rocky mountain)
    Oasis (the lake, the trees, etc.)
    Temple (the odd-looking triangular shaped raised land with some bloke who carc ed it on the table with the chains and all)
    Harry's ( the big rock/mine/cave on the hill)
    Mort ( the outpost near the crater with green... stuff? in it, and then the other outpost with the dungeons)

No, I don't care if i missed any, the point I'm making is that after those classic hunting spots, its straight to Bull Shi--- I mean Broken Shores. The game degrades from there, with players deciding to spend more time doing some constuctive critisism and friendly advice on the forums ( *****ing, whining, and death threats )

Hey, I think if Funcom added new hunting spots for 100+, then the amount of ... posts on the forums will drop.

And if the added hunting spots don't do the trick, do more different and exciting stuff, I'm talking about making Tir a 25% zone for a few fun-filled hours on a random date... Or making every mob within a 2 kilometer radius of all the main cities somehow zone inside the cities and wreak havok...

Hehe ok I'm finished, cheers fellas.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Insanemonkey 101 Engy RK2 - Can't wait 'till IPR, might be able to solo greys
    Gibbz 39 Enf RK2 - Solitus, dual Alloys, love being different
    MagicalSteve 24 Soldier RK2 - Only play him with my RL mate
    Glaeben 19 Doc RK1 - No one dies anymore.....
    Dawil 11 MA RK2 - This is too easy

Roflmao

Originally posted by lilnano
    BIG BUMP ...starting to see that same City of Home map in my sleep

Meegah
    133 MA Proud member of Red Tigers
    BUMP!!

I see Home in my sleep too. Is there an therapy for this? =)

Lightbulb bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am purposefully NOT leveling fast so I don't have to run missions only in B.S.
    BUMPER
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)