Thread: Windows 95 Chat Bug

Windows 95 Chat Bug

Scince mid febuary and the 13.8 patch i have been unable to chat ingame. it was discovered long ago that it was due to me having to run on windows 95. I emailed funcom back and forth for nearly a month with them telling me to download this and that to try to fix and it was to no help. About a month ago Funcom emailed me and told me it would be some time before the bug was fixed and i should probobly cancel my account. I did for a short time but this game is like a crack addiction and i just cant stay away. This bug has severly hampered my gameplay. Not only can i not chat ingame, but also i can not create a new charactor, or even trade money to people, i am pleading with you guys to give me a bump to plead with funcom to get this bug fixed. because there are so few Windows 95 users FC told me that it was a low priority bug and would be treated so.... ill be posting this message on all the boards i can because i am desparete to get this bug fixed. Funcom im begging you, PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

Have you considered upgrading to win98 or higher? That would solve your problem.

Ivonny

I am shocked anyone still use the bug ridden unstable Win95 operating system after all it's only 7 years old. I am waiting for the WIN3x version of AO. :P

i cant upgrade step dad has a windows 95 only program, and yes we have tried it on nearly all other systems and they dont work.
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

You don't have to upgrade yer Win95 system, but you can see if your stepdad will let you set up a dual-boot where you have both Win98 and Win95 on the same system.

System Commander and other fine programs you can purchase at most major software retailers make it a snap to set up your system to ask you which operating system you want to run when starting up your computer.

If you've been playing AO this long without chat, I think you oughta give dual booting a try.

You're other option is a bit more expensive but might be more acceptable to your stepdad. Get one of those trays where you can slide the hard drive out and quickly swap it for another. If the PC is off you slide your hard drive in and you're good to go with whatever you want. Next time it's step dad's turn to use the computer, he puts in his hard drive and starts up the system and gets Win95 in all it's glory.

Talking

i like your ideas very creative! but, ive decided to buy me my own computer. being almost 18 and bout to move out i need to get one afore i gots to many bills to afford one of my own. *dreams of a 512MB p4 2.1...... ahhhh im drooling* hehe i run on a 128mb p3450 atm..... ill love the change
    Riotx Solitus Soldier