Thread: - What's New from ARK CR

- What's New from ARK CR

It's time again for another clears throat...
    Update from Xneeeeeeeeemth!!1one!1omg!(in amazing forums color!)

So, you may be saying to yourself 'I wonder what's new in ARK CR these days.' ... most likely you aren't, but hey, ya never know. In any case the answers are below. Pay attention there's a quiz on this later.

~~-=~=flowery~*^divider@^*~=-~(tm)
    1. News Article Mailing List FINALLY Working!
    2. Updates to IRRK News System
    3. Updates on Reporters Program
    4. Updates on Public Collaboration of Reporters Program/IRRK
    5. ARK Expo 2K4 Announcement
    6. Direct Relations Story Survey Information
    7. Help Wanted! OmG!1 Help Wanted like right NOW!1!! (Gratuitous '1' for you leet type people out there)

NEWS MAILING LIST WORKING! PEASANTS REJOICE IN THE STREETS! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Ok, a number of you signed up your guilds and such to recieve email copies of News as it was posted via the IRRK Channel in game. A lot of you also were quite displeased to learn (as was I) that it simply didn't work in a timely manner.

So I went to the bot author with a list of changes to the tool and he said 'I can do this this this and this... but this mailing list thing... well, that might be a problem'. After the paramedics had stabilized him he woke back up and said 'But I'll get right on that for ya X'.

A mere two weeks later he had finished the changes, with some help on the mailing issue from ARK Manager Lucien, and the new tools are now online and running.

So what's changed?

- The tool now has an option that allows us to send the article to the mailing list the instant it's submitted to the chat channel in game.

So, you'll now (if subscribed) get the news mailed to you the MOMENT it's submitted to the game channel.

TO SIGN UP FOR THIS FREE SERVICE:
    Send an email to crsubmissions@ark.anarchy-online.com
    In the email include the following:
    1. The name of your org
    2. The website URL of your Orgs page or Forums (if you dont have a webpage)
    3. Contact email addy for the person running the org if not from the person emailing us.
    4. The approximate number of members in your org (do not include alts)

That's it. Send that info in and we'll add you to the mailing list.

PLEASE NOTE! This is a service for Organizations. We do follow up on usage, so please don't subscribe for your own private collection. We keep an eye out as much as possible to see that this is being distributed to org members etc.

The reality is we can't afford to sign up each and every person who wants a copy right now, hence we limit subscriptions to orgs.

IRRK News Tool Updates! Weee!

After that programmer got out of the hospital I asked about one of the other changes that needed to be made. Thankfully (for him) he said it should be easy enough. So now instead of having to input an article seperately for EACH server, we can send one instance to BOTH. This is good cause it reduces extra work but mostly because it generates only ONE email to the fan list, as oppossed to the TWO it used to generate.

Less spam for you. Nuff said.

Reporters Program Updates! Ohs nos!

Ok, here's the deal on reporters. We're still having difficulty. Mostly it's a major lack of staff. We need people who can consistantly produce content and edit other people's work. We have part time reporters, and they help, but the output just isn't consistant.

We've managed to do okay at keeping news coming out of here, but that's thanks mainly to a small group of dedicated people (and you know who you are).

Reporters are telling me (mostly part timers) that they're having trouble finding good stories. So let me give you all some information to help get your story out.

We frequent social locations. Reporters like bars. In a big way. Oh man. So Rompa on Atlantean is a popular place for some of the Omni and Neutral Reporters. Clan Reporters tend to hang out in the Cup.

Outside bars, reporters hang around popular areas, Bronto Burger in Omni Ent for Atlanean. Newland Hill on Rimor. West Athens on both Servers.

They of course wander around as well, but those are some decent places to check. Please understand, we don't go there everyday. Or at certain times. While many reporters have a set routine they go through, they don't always. If nothing else, perhaps some of the regulars in those areas can tell you how to pm a reporter for later.

IRRK Public Collaboration Project Update

My poor overworked programming friend is NEARLY done with a tool that will be made available to participants in our Public IRRK Project. This will be a program, that anyone can apply to. If selected you gain access to a few new forums, and to a publicly accessable tool where you can work with us on editing, and producing news content.

The end objective is to better tell the story of player accomplishments etc by haveing YOU help us write it. Content will be divided, some will be launched after approval, some will be set aside and put into a monthly IRRK Ezine that's in the works.

We need people who can edit, we need people who can write, we need people who are good with photoshop to help with graphics. If you fall into any of those categories, then keep an eye out for our announcement when the project launches.

ARK Expo 2004 Information!

Ok, at yesterdays ARK Directors Meeting, I asked the other Department Directors to decide what they're able and willing to do this year for the Expo.

The following are my minimum objectives:

1. The Expo will be run in TWO cities at once per server. Rome and Athens. This helps split the lag up, and allow better interaction between players and ARK's.

2. The Expo will have set hours this time as opposed to the 48 hours mind numbing party we did last time. Several reasons for this: - We allow people to plan to attend. - People have clear expectations of what will be happening and when. - We get a break between servers to regroup and rest.

3. There will be an activity schedule for Expo posted on these forums, and as an Article in the IRRK Newsbot. That way you can plan to attend the parts that interest you most.

4. Uncomfirmed. I would like the ARK Tours Group to have a number of scheduled Tours to Shadowlands, and Various Places on Rubi-ka for people to join up and see the sights.

5. Uncomfirmed. I would like to host an ARK Gladiators Tournament in the ICC Square. The Gladiators would sqaure off against each other, and players who want to participate. Prizes involved.

6. Unconfirmed. ARK Recruiters setup in Athens and Rome to answer your Questions about the ARK Program.

7. Members of each ARK Department and Subgroup available in Both locations to answer questions.

8. Direct Relations Staff conducting surveys related to AO. Sign up would be via /tell. The Surveys are conducted on the ARK HQ playfield.

9. CR Staff would be conducting tours of the ARK Headquarters Playfield. (note, this is not the GMPF, but rather a zone created solely for ARK use)

10. Naturally, we'd like to have a massive party prior to the Expo, so expect music, decorations, lights, prizes and more.

11. Hopefully we'll have more to list as we get organized.

While I don't have a date set yet, my target is August. So four months. I hope you'll all attend

Direct Relations Survey Information

Some of you may have seen messages concerning a survey that was being conducted. We worked on BOTH servers, and interviewed 300 players.

The general subject was 'Storyline Since SL Launch'. The questions were answered with numerical ratings allowing us to gather statistical information from our survey sample. The results are being tallied, and a copy of the report I send up to the ARK Manager Lucien/FC will be posted on these forums for your perusal.

Thanks to ALL 300 Players who participated! Also a BIG thanks to the ARK of the CR Direct Relations Group (especially Kyku and Annyka) for really stepping up to the plate on this project!

A shameless plug for ARK, ARK Events and ARK CR

We're doing a lot in ARK lately, and we're doing it all for you, the player. We're players too, and we want more and more for AO and it's community. How can we make MORE happen? By joining ARK and throwin down a little bit of effort.

ARK as a program has been doing very well lately, with petition response times at an average of 20mins. Compared with the hours, and even days of other Customer Service groups, ARK is really leading the way in excellence.

But we do MORE than just customer service. Get involved in ARK Events and BE involved with the ongoing AO story, or in smaller events, sideplots, and more! Events is THE driving force behind storied happenings across Rubi-ka on Atlantean and Rimor! But more than just events, you can participate in a program wherein you play a charachter on an ONGOING basis! Create a history, a personality, and ACT your charachter! Interact with other players and be a PART of the community in a NEW and exciting way!

If you're interested in making an impact on the AO Community at large, what better way than joining ARK Community Relations? Our projects are centered around publications and interaction with the AO Community at large. We are a dominant force in moderating the public forums, at gathering feedback for FC, and much more! Ever wanted to be a Reporter in AO? In CR you can be! Ever wanted to witness major story events and tell others about them? You can!

How about the more artistic amoung you? Are you a graphics guru, or an audio god? CR wants you! We produce graphic and audio content and projects as well as news! If you want a place where you can put your talents to use, look no furthur!

But Xnemth, how can I get into these groups? Join ARK!
    Check out: The ARK Webpage HERE

Ok, that's all for this update. Keep on gamin, I'll see you on Rubi-ka.
    Last edited by Xnemth; Apr 5th, 2004 at 18:19:09.
    Retired ARK Xnemth