Thread: Where has the role-playing gone?

Where has the role-playing gone?

I'm a Fixer on Atlantean, and I'm depressed to find that all of the hangouts I used to visit are deserted these days. I realize the population is down, with stiff competition from other games...but there's got to be someone still partying and getting in-character?

This is sortof my last ditch effort to see if there's still some fun to be had...I'll probably bail on my trial tomorrow (I rerolled my Fixer on a new account), unless I get some sign of life. AO's strength was always its atmosphere.
    "Cold Shift" - The point at which the physical body becomes digitally encoded, shaking the traditional trappings of space and time.

Try Reets or Rompas.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Yeah...

...those were two of the hangouts that were deserted.
    "Cold Shift" - The point at which the physical body becomes digitally encoded, shaking the traditional trappings of space and time.

I don't know about Rompa, but your best bet with Reets is to go there when there's a DJ there. Check out www.gridstream.com, they have times for their regular radio shows along the left hand side of the front page. You might also stop by The Cup in West Athen, that's a pretty decent place to find RPers sometimes if you're clan or neutral, and might be OK for Omni depending on how tolerant you are of clanners. West Athen in general is a better place to meet roleplayers than most other clan towns, really.

If you're Omni, I can't help you much, I don't know the Omni and neutral social spots very well at all.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

[ooc: Reets and Rompas are not full all the time, but if you drop in at the 'right time' there is much RP opportunities to be had. What time is the 'right time' you ask? Well, I tend to visit at the wrong times and find the place deserted.

However, instead of waiting for RP to come to me, I usually go out to certain RP friendly areas where the random players present are more RP inclined and try to start something impromptu.

Whenever I want to RP impromptu, I frequent the area in Borealis between the whompa and grid or walking around Athens(I'm Omni) until someone notices me.

Places to avoid RP are around arenas or any large mission/team gathering areas(Omni-E BB, Central Old Athens, etc.) The chances of running into players that try to disrupt RP are usually too disruptive.

Doing that, I've been able to stir up a respectable amount of RP and entertain bystanders.

Hope that helps.
    /ooc]
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Right Time/Wrong Time

I'm a regular at Rompa. One of Rompa Entertainment's waitstaff. Most of us are around at varying times, but my time zone is GMT-5 and there is usually rp happening (if it's happening) between 7pm and 11pm. The heaviest rp times are on Fri and Sat night. Often you can find rp'ers at random times through the day on the weekends.

If you want to drop in sometime, send me a tell. The more the merrier!

I would also check for storylines in the Buzz and event announcements in Atlantean life and Reet Retreat on the forums.

Come into Rompa some night and tell me your story.

RP is indeed alive and well...if you hit the right places at the right times. If you scan the list names of frequesnt Buzz posters and look up the names in the news service stories, track these people down. Most RPers would be happy to meet another. Just send them an (ooc /tell) and explain that you would like to meet for some RP. BTW, this thread will likely get moved as it's not IC.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Personally (Since I don't know much about the rp community at large) I will go to Reets when there is a DJ hosting a show there. Usually its the glass dace floor, but not always. Sometimes they host at Neuters in newland. You really just have to listen to the broadcast or visit the gridstream site for the schedule.
    Outside of that, I have my character hang out at The Cup (I'm clan) on occasion to "relax" and drink tea. I'll also wander BY4 and very infrequently BY5&6 in WA. I'm always very receptive to rp because I get bored very quickly with missions and killing things. Therefore, even if I'm interupted in the middle of a mission with rp.. there is a very good chance I'll leave the mission (delete it even) in order to rp. So.. if anyone is looking for rp.. comm me sometime .

Thankyou...

I wasn't looking for "All RP, all the time", so this is all the motivation I need to keep at it. I appreciate the information, folks...at least a couple of you will be hearing from me in game.

Also, sorry if this was the wrong forum for this. I realized it wasn't an in-character post, but as it pertains to role-playing, I sortof made a judgement call to post it here.

Thanks again.

(( also look up any member of the Society of Salvation as well as the amazingly long list of RP guilds that is located at the top or somewhere near the top of the forum started by Demenzia- RP Orgs
    I also believe that there is a bot out there called roleplaybot??? something like that Im sure someone can correct me there.
    But that is a wonderful tool used to link roleplayers all over the game (at least on the one dimension)
    And if you're still around come april 17th check out the SoS party at Relax just another random party to bring people together...hopefully we'll have lots of people RPing there.
    GOOD LUCK and have FUN))

[Think the Roleplaying bot is dead by now, haven't seen it online in a while.]
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

I've probably missed this obvious information in some other post, but here goes the question anyway.

What was the issue(s) with the rpbot that it had to be removed? Whatever the issues were/are, is it possible to get it back up?

Warping to Life on Atlanean
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~