Thread: Some annoying bugs

Some annoying bugs and annoying features of the game

Ok here are some very annoying bugs:
    1) I cant get any tokens any more, i dont know why but i cant. I always clear out an entire mission before completing it. I even double-check because i want to get a token for every mission. I have 45 tokens now and apparently i cant get anymore of them, even if i kill 100% of the monsters, i get 0% chance that i get a token now this if very very very very annoying.
    2) In the beginning u get the chance to choose ur height and with of ur character, the comp says this doesnt affect the game in any way EXCEPT i have heard that yalmaha can only be used by people who are of normal size, now i ask u why wasnt this said at the beginning of the game? I was happy with my lvl 25 char until i heard that i would never be able to drive a yalmaha, now that is also not fear.
    3) why oh why are u guys picking on the Nanotechnician. I chose this prof because if figured it would be like all other rpg's. At first it will be hard to lvl (and it is) but when u get to a high lvl u are one of the strongest char (which is not the case). I acctually heard that the Nt gets worse with every lvl. Now is this true??? I would like to now this so i could cancel my account if it is!!! Every good rpg needs some sort of magic and magicians should be strong characters, not laughabely weak. Maybe a good drain spell would work. It would do damage to ur target and heal u at the same time (usually this type of spell is always present in every good rpg except this one). Also, u said in a patch (i dont know which one) that their would be nanos for the nt that would raise nano and health. Ok, we have got humidity extractor but which nano heals us? We can use only basic nanos to improve our health and all of these nanos are crap at further lvl's.
    4) Which brings me to my next point: why aren't their any superior or advanced basic nanos?????? I find this very strange.
    5) Stop messing the game up. I think its good that u keep on patching but please stop changing good things. It's logical that u change things that bring the game out of balance but what u are doin to NT's is just destroying gameplay for some people. Why do Nt's have spells which do 2000-3000 damage only to cap it to 1500???? There isn't ANY logic that can explain something like that!!! Please THINK before acting

thanks for listening,
    Psych54
    a frustrated lvl 25 NT

4)
    Last edited by psych54; Dec 1st, 2001 at 15:24:09.

OK a bit of ranting but...

Check to make sure that there was no greys in the mission. Any greys and it lowers the chance of getting a token. Bump it up a little if you need, you should be able to handle a 1 or 2 level bump in difficulty.

The size restriction is for nano altered size not actual size of the char. Normal being the normal size of your character.

While NTs are difficult they are not impossible. At level 50 I have some difficulty with 50% missions, but they aren't impossible. I have many friends in my guild over 100 and they are having difficulty, but not finding it impossible. The game just gets more difficult as you get older this isn't just limited to NTs. Voice your concern on the NT boards as you see the difficulty rising and find other professions to compare to. Balance is the key to making it fun. If one profession can do 50% missions with ease and the other can barely do them, then there is an issue. Do some investigation with friends, and send your feedback to funcom.(without ranting or they will most likely delete it)

Re: Some annoying bugs and annoying features of the game

Originally posted by psych54
    Maybe a good drain spell would work. It would do damage to ur target and heal u at the same time (usually this type of spell is always present in every good rpg except this one). Also, u said in a patch (i dont know which one) that their would be nanos for the nt that would raise nano and health. Ok, we have got humidity extractor but which nano heals us?
    Two things here, there is a 'drain' nano, as you called it. The Trader has both of them (nano and hp).
    The Health Funnel line takes HP and gives some of it to you.
    The Line of Credit line takes NP and gives some of it to you.
    The Health Payment line takes your health, and gives to your teammates.
    The Lend Nano line takes your nano and gives to your teammate.

We don't get it (I'm an NT, also) but it is in the game.

For the NT health/AC thing, check out the Enfraam's line. No heals

Originally posted by psych54
    4) Which brings me to my next point: why aren't their any superior or advanced basic nanos?????? I find this very strange.
    Because, by default, the more genericsomething is, the worse it is a specific tasts. I.E. General nanos are, by their very nature, weak. Although, I agree. I wish there was a better nano to heal ourselves than the 15-25 one. After rez sickness wears off, just use the nearest automated surgery clinic to get fully healed and nano'd up. Be sure to buff first 300c is alot less than the amount you would spend on the health and nanochargers..at least, at higher levels.

Besides, we have the best deal when it comes to using the generic healing nano. Our humidity extractors (at least, at higher levels) actually give us nano faster than we can use it to heal ourselves. And even by level 30-35ish, when you first get the 51-per-tic HE, you still gain nano almost as fast as you can use it, so it's actually feasable for us to use the 15-25 healing nano to heal ourselves, whereas other classes would have to use heath packs.

But what I usually do is trade my HE to a doc, adv, or ma to heal me. They usually jump at the chance. I buff them, they heal me; it's a great trade agreement. Sometimes I throw in crunchcom and range enhancement (if they have the NCU) just for kicks.
    Last edited by spydr; Dec 3rd, 2001 at 19:17:09.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

first off..none of these things are really bugs except the first one..just rants, and the first one ive never even noticed

next...the reason there are no superior/adv general shops is that most of the classes get the nanos that would be in the superior/adv general shop..for example Metas and traders get +45 mastery +25 teachings and wranglers useable by lvl 30(or when adv shops start becoming useful to a character)...Docs get +35 treatment mastery(and much later a +80 treatment), soldiers can get weapon mastery skills...and then agents can use FP and use any non general buff in the game.

I acctually heard that the Nt gets worse with every lvl. Now is this true???
    almost every class gets worse as you level.....if you think NTs get harder i suggest you try playing an MA from lvl 1-150