Thread: Trouble at Rompa's

Trouble at Rompa's

Tarren walked calmy from the comfort of the shadows as he ventured across the street. In front of him, the neon signs of the Rompa Bar flashed, once in a while flickering, indicating that they needed a battery change.
    As he went inside, he couldn't help smile, he liked this establishment, it was close at hand, and he felt at ease here.
    He walked around the cornor, and was headed for the bar when a female voice screamed: SECURITY.

As per reflex, Tarren spun round to see where the sound had come from. There, behind the rather huge Atrox approaching him, was Elleiah. The Atrox bouncer grabbed Tarren by the shoulder and started draggin him towards the door, all the while, Elleiah was cussing at him from the safety of the bar. He wrestled himself free from the Atrox's grip.

Get, your hands of me, or by god I swear it'll be the last thing you ever touch!

The Atrox let go. But persistet in telling him to leave.
    Tarren could see he could not get out of this one via fight. Not without witnesses. He was NOT going down for murder in a bar. That was just too low. He turned around and faced Elleiah sternly.

That... Was a VERY, unwise thing to do, Miss Dilaine... One you will regret!

With that, he turned around and left Rompa's
    Outside he put his hand in his pocket and took out one of several small golden rings... He picked it up, examined it, then clenched it in his fist as he smiled grimly... As he walked into the shadows, he but it back in his pocket, and let a dampened laughter slip.

Oh yes, she would indeed regret it, but now was not the time... There were other matters to attend to...
    Now is the discount of our winter tents.

The 'other' side of the story...

Elle made her rounds of the bar, inspecting the booths for new damage, making note of stains in the carpet, and cheerfully serving the few customers there were at this early hour. She made a full circle, in her usual manner, then headed back to update the maintenence records for Jack and enter the items sold this evening into the main database. Accounting was a chore to some people, but Elle found it relaxing.

Money in, supplies out. It was a cycle she could depend upon.

Elle reached the bar without looking up. She was reading her inventory notes and nearly bumped into a customer. The man was opifex, slender, and only slightly taller than Elle. She smiled, preparing to greet the man, but did a profile scan first. Customers seemed to respond better when you treated them like regulars, even if it was their first visit...

Kenley.

That was all Elle saw, and she looked up coldly at the back of the man's head.

"Get out" she hissed. Her back tensed and she clenched her digital notepad so tight it creaked, threatening to break.

Before the man could turn, Elle's fear got the better of her.

"Security!" She shouted, trying hard not to let her voice tremble. It was almost surprising how fast the bouncer was there, grabbing the Opifex man named Kenley by the arm and dragging him away from her. No questions asked, and she liked it.

Before allowing himself to be removed, the Kenley turned to threaten Elle, but she ignored him.

"If I see you in this bar again, I will have Omni-Pol remove you into their custody. Your organization is full of known criminals." She turned away and tried to get back to her work, but the name still stood boldly in her mind.

Kenley... she had yet to meet one who wasn't a menace.
    Elle "Elleiah" DiLaine: Omni Bureaucrat, Atlantean
    Now a waitress for Rompa Entertainment "It's all about the booty!"
    Former slave of Slaves of Rubi-Ka

--------------------------------------------------------
    Riena "Riesse" Solo: Clan Adventurer, Atlantean
    -"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly