Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat Bots using References (Popup Windows) in 15.5

New Chat?!?

I agree with Askhe - I nearly left and have not made up my mind about wether or not to stay.. Seems to me that too many things are being added, twinked or being made genrally more complex. This maybe a semi complex game but when someone plays a game it generally is an escape from the complexities of a life gone rampad... why make a fantasy any more confusing such as the "New" chat? I would priroritize by "fixing" what needs to be fixed and add or change once the whole thing is stable...

Sorry for the ramble but .....

Originally posted by Lucien
    The colors just affect the new chat, they don't even affect the references.

I'm assuming the pet colors etc still work, but don't quote me on that
    The pet name colors does still work, but as kithrak says the pet name color ascii values show up as urecognizable square ascii chars in the chat.

How does colors work in popup window now? the <font color thing doesnt work. Instead the first ">" junks the whole chat text + popup window. so it is impossible to include item links or color codes in the popup?

The whole thing seems to be not clean coding by now.

Comment:
    Putting long text (the popup window) in a tags argument is very bad XML. it makes it impossible to use any other tag in it.
    Instead, it should be something like this:

<chatref button="click me">this is the long text<br>
    <font color="#FF0000>including colors</font></chatref>

but it is not.

Java AOChat will not be updated as long as the protocol looks like patchwork. sorry for this.
    Last edited by Migisan; Apr 8th, 2004 at 10:54:35.
    Migisan on DNW

Originally posted by Migisan
    How does colors work in popup window now? the <font color thing doesnt work. Instead the first ">" junks the whole chat text + popup window. so it is impossible to include item links or color codes in the popup?

The whole thing seems to be not clean coding by now.

Comment:
    Putting long text (the popup window) in a tags argument is very bad XML. it makes it impossible to use any other tag in it.
    Instead, it should be something like this:

<chatref button="click me">this is the long text<br>
    <font color="#FF0000>including colors</font></chatref>

but it is not.

Java AOChat will not be updated as long as the protocol looks like patchwork. sorry for this.
    content of windows follows the same rules they have always. by using the help file syntax.. using #C[number] for colors and using #L for links.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I tried to change color of personal groups, because that white is terrible. Changed the code in cd_image\gui\default\textcolor.xml but it's not working Any tips?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

I love the new chat system, finaly Ao has gotten an uptodate chat system.

but I have had some trouble changing the default colors, red input text and such is only confusing in massive battles. any hint or word on how to change this now ?
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Unhappy new chat and colors

I agree with Amosco. I am so confused now about the new chat. I can't even figure out how to reply to a tell!
    ALL THAT RED! It is hard to read and pick out the important stuff and keep yourself from dying with so much of the text in red.
    My hubby is going nuts about it.
    I hope they will make it so you can changes the colors in game.
    Can someone tell me how to reply please? Hate to be an idiot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12