Thread: A big thank you extended.

A big thank you extended.

As i sit here in our apartment, my lovely wife sleeping soundly and with me mere minutes from joining here, i thought i would take the oportunity to extend a thank you to all those that attended our wedding and i bet Rawenna would like to do the same. There was a bit of gruffing at the reception afterwards, but it was kept at a civilised level, wich can not be said about all arguments held in the Cup.

Once more, thank you to all that were there and helped make it a memory we will cherrish for the rest of our days.

Signing off.

General Elmo "Xhairs" Barchus and silent greeting from my lovely wife Lady Rawenna Barchus who just woke up.

Untill a later date.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Before I dissapear off I just have to say that I really hope for a great future togheter for you two.

My sincere hopes for a great future togheter, may the light never stop shining on you and let the love in your hearts grov stronger every second that passes.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

My best wishes for you and your wife.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

(under the guise of my Omni alt)

Katelin had heard of the wedding. A fine Omni employee marrying a noted Clanner. She sighed and shook her head. Head up north for a peice of tail for excitment I can uderstand...but MARRYING the enemy, she thought to herself. May Buffy give him strength to keep his lips sealed about company secrets. Shaking her head again in mild disgust, Katelin fired up her comm terminal and sent a message.

TO: General Elmo "Xhairs" Barchus

Congratulations general on the aquistition of a new bride. May Buffy grace your marriage with joy and happiness.

*** END ***
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Kranden still wonders why Xhairs joined omni-tek...
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Omni Tek fights Cyborgs and protects the citizens from this menace on a global basis every day. As you might know General Xhairs has some "issues" to settle with them, and as Omni Tek supported him fighting them more.... He joined our ranks.

And on a more personal note:
    Myself and thousands of other Omni Tek employees are proud to fight beside him and would gladly stand beside him in any situation.

((Its a bit more complicated than this though Kranden but this was just from the tip of my toungue <------00c ))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

First, thank you Elmo for making my sister truly happy at last.

Now though for everyone else, I would just like to quote a few words below from the wedding reception. After reading them, I would like people to think, because within a week of these words, people are attacking my sister and in some ways Xhairs too. So much for a symbol of peace and hope as Killchain so wonderfully put it.

Are people that afraid of change, that they must destroy it? That they must force their own perceptions of past events onto others who have taken the time to see my sister and her husband for who they actually are, not to just judge on what they have heard?

I was told the new CoT would be about acceptance and equality, not a place to fight personal issues. That seems to have changed before the council is even instituted properly. I accept that my sister’s position being wed to an Omni, will be questioned, but too insult her, is not questioning it is a personal attack.

As I said above, please just think, as Kill says, we all have prejudices, seeing past them is the way to peace.

Stay safe everyone, whatever badge you wear.

Ysa.

--------
    For those who do not know them, Killchain is the leader of clan Archetype and Banishedsoul the leader of the OT department The Disciples of Omni-Tek.

Killchain jumps up on the table and adjusts his shoulders.
    Killchain shouts: Everyone, I would like to say something... and this means a lot to me.
    Killchain shouts: Elmo has been a good friend of mine ever since I've met him. We've fought together, talked... and we've only known each other briefly.
    Killchain shouts: He is a true man, who deems and values respect and courage above all else.
    Killchain shouts: He has also helped me to realize the prejudices I had and helped to conquer them.
    Killchain shouts: Elmo does not care about the tags we wear, the affiliations we have... he cares about what's in here... in our hearts.
    Quickstart makes a note of Killchain's words.
    Killchain shouts: I would like to congratulate both Rawenna and Elmo now, as not only a happy couple who shall live in love for all eternity, but as a symbol for the hoped peace on Rubi-Ka!
    Killchain shouts: I present another toast for Elmo and Raweena, a symbol of peace and love!
    Xhairs shouts: Thank you Bren. Heart-warming words to say the least.
    Killchain shifts and hops down.
    Rawenna smiles

Banishedsoul: You know, as your leader Elmo. I really shouldn’t admit this marriage. As we are at war. But.. It's times like this that makes me realize, we are not as different, the heat of battle really deceives you.
    Last edited by Ysabelle; Apr 7th, 2004 at 15:01:25.
    Sable "Ysabelle" Winter, Adventurer & member of Ascension.

First of all I would like to say I am sorry I missed the wedding, alas business kept me occupied.
    I would like to wish the couple a long life and prosperity.

But ... I am also curious what the opinion is of the other members of the Council of Thruth is on this marriage.
    I am not saying Rawenna will not be able to represent her clan Serenity anymore. But I can imagine a conflict of interest may occur in the future.

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys