Thread: Any guesses?

Any guesses?

Server is going down in 45min for a "patch". Shall I start the wild assuptions/rumors/suspisions about this "patch"?

Is it 14.2 without notice?

Did they finally fix it so that engineers can't kill a soldier's TMS with their own shields?

Are they putting in new clothes to make Cosmik look even better then Cz?

What do you think????????
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

They're nerfing NT's WOO!

putting in new clothes to make Cosmik look even better then Cz.

I go for this one.......

Checking the aviation boards, no chartered planes leaving from Norway to Jamaica, so it will most likely not be 14.2
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Cool 55

Indeed. it would be......... interesting, none the less.
    Piccolo of Storm
    -’Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war’
    -I will not take back my words, that is my way of the ninja!

... Ok, I knw this is a rant, but A funcom member posts in this thread and does not say yes or no to the main question. This is such sh!ty customer service.. I want a yes or no awnser.
    -EvilBoi
    -=RK-1=-
    Shrieke - Opifex - Fixer - lv 145+ - Vetran of The Black Hand
    "AO is the black hole of MMORPGs.
    No one ever really leaves." - Kenlon

People censoring themselves is soooo neat.

Considering a new build has only just made it to the test server it seems highly unlikely that this will be 14.2

My guess the cheats/exploiters/general scum of the world will have lost some of their toys after this patch and will have to find new ways of being "leet".
    Read: Probably an emergency exploit fix

im personally hoping for the eng/soldier shield thing to be fixed. Guild went PvPing this weekend and i missed out cause i knew i'd be toast if an eng castig their shield to kill my TMS but still keep the nano shutdown
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

they recently removed a post that revealed an exploit.. so they could be fixing that.

but my guess is that they have to have a rest so someone else can go on the treadmil and keep the generator up.

have you not noticed that lag slowly gets worse as he gets tired and then they have a 'server restart'?

Zone Crashing

I recently heard talk of an exploit/bug on test that allows people to crash zones pretty much at will. Perhaps the same bug exists on the live build and they're fixing it?

I dont really care why the servers were brought down, all I really care is that it seems that Funcom has started some backwords momentum when it comes to Customer Service(I know, there is very little Customer Service as it is)

Everytime I log on I check the server status report on the login screen to see if there will be any downtimes coming that will affect me. There is usually a restart every Wednesday or Thursday morning as you well know.

Today I log on and it just says "Servers are up!"

I play for a couple of hours and then get a system wide message that the servers will be going down in 45 min for a patch.

Didnt see anything else and asked in OOC if there had been another warning and there hadnt.

Like I said, I dont really care why the servers came down, 14.2, exploit fix, stability fix it doesnt matter to me.

All I care about is that we got a 45 min warning. There is no fix that is so important as to warrant bringing the servers down in such short notice, ever. I had just entered a mission that would take me over an hour to complete when I got the message. I left the mission after a 1/2 hour so I could get back to town and see if there had been any other warning.

This used to happen alot in the first few months of AO and I do hope that it isnt going to start happening again.

Funcom please dont start acting like little children when it comes to patches.

Dev Billy: Hey! I just figured out that MA Special attacks are renewing 1/10 of a second faster than they should be!

Dev Johnny: What! We gotta fix that and include it in the next patch.

Dev Billy: Why dont we just patch the fix now, its just a matter of changing a number in the code?

Dev Johnny: Cool! Is 45 min notice enough time for the players?

Dev Billy: Players? Who cares, lets just patch it.

Funcom doesnt seem to get the idea that Customer Service is one of the most important things there is in a game like this.
    Ingame, as long as your problem is easy to fix, CS is great. But when it comes to communicating with their customers, Funcom has no CS.

hehe, I sent an email to support complaining that the recent lag may be due to the new German Server sharing bandwidth with RK 1 and RK 2 and got this reply:

quote from email:
    This is wrong, Dimension3 that is in Germany is running on a seperate
    connection and independent servers. Nothing has beentaken away from
    Dim1 or Dim2 or shared.

Best Regards
    Chris (aka Hadrulf)
    endquote

Over the weekend Cz posted that in fact the new German Server was in the same location in the US as RK1 and RK1.
    Not only does Funcom not communicate with its customers, but they dont communicate amongst themselves.

I am so glad I was accepted into Beta7 of Earth and Beyond. Only 2 more weeks before I have another option for a MMORP SciFi game.

Hi All,

You know it's kinda funny (NOT) how FC has lost credibility with the player base...

I know this is somewhat off topic but an FC employee posted what really was just a humorous joke above and everyone seems to have took it wrong including me.

I had typed a much harsher response and then reconsidered after re-reading this thread. We are all a bit gun shy these days because of all the miscommunication, lack of communication and nerf's from FC.

On reflection, I think a lot of them read but don't post in these forums anymore because of all the instant flames about any little thing they say. I know that I am always quick to do it as well.

BUT, from this moment on I am going to wipe the slate clean... I will not automatically damn them for each post they make nor will I automatically assume everything they do is FUBAR.

I want them to return to the forums and begin to interact with us again. It's the only way we will save this game. After all, everything they have done has been in repsonse to something thats been posted here in these forums by players. In a lot of ways we have brought this on ourselves with the constant whining about nerf's and OE and PvP.

I'm not saying that every player should agree with me or do what I do, thats a decision you have to make for yourselves.

Sorry for the long off topic post...
    Llyrr - Level 120 Omni Agent

"They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest f*ing problem." - George Carlin

Lets be honest. If Funcom want to have our trust, after what they have done to us so far they have to earn it.

One of the many sore points is support and the bad custom relations, and that they can only overcome by being on the Forum answering question as well as stand the heat for what they have done so far. After a while of good information and no f*ck ups they would start to regain our trust and the flames would coole down.

But the flames will only get hotter if they put the head in the sand, and they do look rediculus with their colected butts in the air and heads down the sand. No wonder thay have problem coding, anyone would in that position

So, Um

Anyone know yet why the servers were down?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Well, since no information was given I suppose it could be one of three options:

1. Emergency exploit fix.
    2. Hardware problems
    3. Quick fix to increase performance / reduce lag.

The playerbase won't really benifit from detailed info from any of these three issues. Exploits should be kept in the dark, and fixed in the dark. Very very few people playing this game has any knowledge about how the servers really work and/or how the network traffic is routed/compressed whatever. I sure don't. Actually, I would imagine that Funcom doesn't boldly state "We've updated the network code for redeced lag!". That would only lead to 500 people saying "STFU noob FC I lag as much as yesterday!"

/me shrugs.

Whatever it was, it was a quick one.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.