Thread: Crime Rampant in Rompa Bar

Crime Rampant in Rompa Bar

Crime Rampant in Rompa Bar
    Christina Mesley

Omni-1 Entertainment District -- (OTPC) -- While the residents of the northern Clan regions seem to be coming together to reinvigorate the nightlife of their bars, clubs and cafés, it seems that Omni-1's most fabled establishment, Rompa Bar, is descending into a state of anarchy.

What do you get when you mix the reappearance of one of Rubi-Ka's most notorious criminals, two abductions, and the arrest of the Director of the organization seeing to the everyday conduct of a bar? Anarchy, chaos, and a pervasive, all-encompassing feeling of fear when you walk through the doors of Omni-1's most fabled watering hole.

Recently, there have been confirmed eye-witness sightings of Dave "Diamondcut" Duster, a notorious underground criminal responsible for murders and illegal stim dealing, among other heinous crimes. Most of these sightings seem to, in some form or another, tie Mr. Duster to the Omni-Tek organization Wraiths. While it is not known at this time what the exact nature of Mr. Duster's dealings with Wraiths may be, patrons who are familiar with Mr. Duster's history are quite su****ious.

The past week in Rompa Bar has bore witness to the kidnapping of two of Rompa Entertainment's waitresses, Unole and Elle "Elleiah" Dilaine. The Omni-Tek Press Corps spoke with both recently in Rompa Bar.

"Most of the customers had left for the evening." Unole began, struggling to hold back tears. "Only Max "Cybrin" Dellamora and three members of The Kenley Family were here. The Kenley brothers…they wanted me to go with them, but I ran. I only got to the exit hallway before they caught me."

Unole went on to say that she was taken to a corporate apartment complex in the city of Rome, where she was held captive for three days, locked in a small room, her comm. unit smashed in two. The very next night, she was joined by Ms. Dilaine.

"I was crowded in by people asking me questions about Unole, and I saw Mr. Kenley…I mean, Xserter - there are too many Mr. Kenleys." Ms. Dilaine recounted. "He said, 'time to go, Elleiah', and lifted me up before I could run, put me over his shoulder like a child, pretty much, and took off running. He ran through Omni-1, all the way to the sewers, and threw me into one of the tunnels."

According to Ms. Dilaine, Xserter's kidnapping was almost foiled, as a team of Omni-Tek employees led by Terra "Mirm" Knight, a General with The Chosen, scoured the sewers looking for her. After half an hour of searching, Xserter and Ms. Dilaine were found, by Dannielle "Whispe" Age, a Unit Commander with Omni-InternOps Division 3.

"I was following some Omni-Pol people, and they were scouring the outside of the sewers…kinda silly of them." Ms. Age explained. "I started going into all of the old abandoned sewer tunnels, and luckily found them. But, I knew there was something wrong, you know? Xserter was trying to say that they were there for mushy reasons, but Elleiah seemed way too upset for it to be any sort of romantic thing. I confronted him, but he distracted me by throwing some sort of chemical in my face, and he got away with Elleiah. I searched all night, but nuffin."

Ms. Dillaine was then taken to the corporate apartment complex and imprisoned with Unole. The two would eventually be rescued by Wraith "Stefano" Kenley, who, incidentally enough, is a former member of The Kenley Family who has now joined Wraiths.

"I was caught in the middle of the abductions a few days ago, and it's too dangerous here it seems." stated Max "Cybrin" Dellamora. "I believe management needs to hire some security, full time. It's just not safe in here, especially for the wait staff." Mr. Dellamora went on to say that Omni-Pol "hasn't had much success of late" in adequately addressing the evident and pervasive criminal activity occurring in Rompa Bar.

Captain "Saxon1" Suitt of the Omni-Pol sub-department nonetheless remained resolved to bring the perpetrators to justice. "These kidnappers will be stopped sooner or later, and will face long-term charges to keep people like that off the streets."

Wayne "Whaynn" Harbinguer, the embattled Director of Rompa Entertainment, personally thanked Stefano and offered him a two-million credit reward for rescuing his two waitresses. In his thanks, Mr. Harbinguer seemed to voice his displeasure at the Omni-Pol sub-department, in saying, "Thank you for saving my girls, Stefano and doing what Omni-Pol had no ability to do."

"The Omni-Pol people are really dedicated." Ms. Age claimed in a later interview. "They have a really, really tough job, you know? I don't think people truly appreciate that. They have to deal with the Clans, the Dust Brigade, the criminals, the employees taking pot-shots at the guards and the poor Bronto Burger lady…not an enviable job, in my opinion."

While the jury remains out on the Omni-Pol sub-department's performance in dealing with crime in Omni-1, one thing remains clear. Rompa Bar is descending yet again into the depths of the criminal underworld, and it seems that most are powerless to stop it.

Connections

*Reads over his trusty Computerized Notebook and sips his usual Lime Slime and Blood Plasma drink*

Yes, yes... hmm.. It seems there has been a lot of troubling news lately.. but I think it's all coming from the same source..

Allow me to assist everyone by connectng the dots for you...

Recently a diplomatic ship entered Rubi-Ka and the morning star recieved the name "Longhorn". Longhorn is also the name of a known terrorist from the Dust Brigade. Then, near the same time, a ship was crashed outside the entrance to Omni-1 Entertainment but was not mentioned in the news.

Dust Brigade attacks Omni-1 Entertainment again and are quickly repelled by Omni-Tek soldiers (Omni-Tek protects after all).

News reports say that Omni-Tek employees have been traveling to Newland for work.

Newland Hill is attacked by what might be the Dust Brigade and is again foiled by the great Omni-Tek (Omni-Tek is your friend).

A mass of kidnappings occur in Rompa's Bar, a popular hangout in Omni-1 Entertainment...

So, let me see if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

Because many OT employees are moving to Newland, Omni-tek wants to take over Newland. In order to do this, Omni-tek contracts out a known terrorist organization to run amok in Newland to instill a sense of fear and loathing in the residents and to show how ineffective the Newland Militia are at protecting the city. Instead, the heroes that are Omni-tek protect the Neutral city of Newland and everyone in a wave of love for the Omni-Tek corporation throws their panties and underwear at Omni-Pol or whomever and beg them to "please protect us lowly Neutrals."

However, all the while Omni-tek is concerned with Newland, another gang o' thugs, also paid by Omni-tek, kidnap some people from the Rompa Bar in order to make Omni-1 Ent also seem unsafe so those departments in charge of security have a reason to petition up the OT hierarchy for more money.

It seems just a little bit too ridiculous for even me to believe, and I'll believe almost anything bad about OT.
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

Well.. you're not really understanding what I'm saying.. The Dust Brigade are a CLAN organization that symaltaniously crashed a diplomatic ship into the ground in front of Omni-Entertainment, assulted the streets of Omni Entertainment, and kidnapped patrons at the most popular bar in Omni-1. These facts made Omni-Entertainment seem unsafe, so people attempted to have fun in other Omni-Tek areas, which are designated for business (hence the creation of Omni Entertainment District) and could find little to do. Therefore they traveled to Newland where the Dust Brigade was waiting for them and attacked, assuming the lack of Omni-Pol in the area would give them an easy victory.

But Omni-Tek is a wonderful company, and easily repelled their assults repeatedly. Dispite the escape of the terrorists, probably with help from clanners in Newland, Omni-Tek has still improved the lives of many for fending them off.

Originally posted by Coolxe
    Well.. you're not really understanding what I'm saying.. The Dust Brigade are a CLAN organization that symaltaniously crashed a diplomatic ship into the ground in front of Omni-Entertainment, assulted the streets of Omni Entertainment, and kidnapped patrons at the most popular bar in Omni-1. These facts made Omni-Entertainment seem unsafe, so people attempted to have fun in other Omni-Tek areas, which are designated for business (hence the creation of Omni Entertainment District) and could find little to do. Therefore they traveled to Newland where the Dust Brigade was waiting for them and attacked, assuming the lack of Omni-Pol in the area would give them an easy victory.

But Omni-Tek is a wonderful company, and easily repelled their assults repeatedly. Dispite the escape of the terrorists, probably with help from clanners in Newland, Omni-Tek has still improved the lives of many for fending them off.
    Thats acucualy makes a lot of scence when you read between the lines Understand this DB is NOT a clan org I repeat NOT a Clan org!! they exest only to start and restat wars.

How is crime rampant...Most crimes commited are dealt with in a timely manner and thats that, everything seems under control if you ask me.
    Saxon1's Equipment
    General Of Omni-Pol Tower Command.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Mirm reads through the report. Agreeing with a point here and a point there. Then reads the part where she was involved.

"What? Figures they get it wrong."

Mirm quickly reads through the rest of the report and then flips on her comm unit.

"I have some news I must relate on this. First. Those who where searching the sewers did indeed search every sewer. And if they had not I certainly did! Second of all I find it so convenient that Stefano so conveniently forgot to mention to Whaynn about the tracking device I gave to him to assist in his search. He agreed without that device he could have not have found them. That tracking device was planted on Andrew22 earlier that day. And additionally, if Ms. Age had found them earlier why had she not told us when I was treating her for those very chemical injuries she talked about before? We were still searching for them at the Sewers at that time. She deliberately let them get away in that case! And of course Stefano didn't exactly 'save' them at all. At least if Unole medical status was any indication of what happened. He blundered and blundered badly."

Mirm flips her comm unit closed and the sound of a very annoyed female can be heard before the recording abruptly ends.

Stefano reads through the News Feed and perks his eyes slighty. He begins to type up a reply to it all.

"... When was I ever in The Kenley Family? I have been in the Wraiths since the very start. Mirm, I mentioned to the Reporter of the Tracking Device but I suppose she never added it in. I hope that from now here on nobody will associate me with The Kenley Family. I am not with nor was I ever."

Stefano sends his reply slightly irritated then walks off through the streets of Omni-1.

[OOC: On a quick note.. Stefano died long ago and was revived. Before he died he was with The Kenley Family. Then he died and was revived by the Wraiths so he suffers from sever memory loss. So he doesn't know anything before his death.]
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Rompa Bar is in no way any more dangerous than walking the streets of Omni-1. In fact, I believe it is safer. We are doing everything we can to insure our customers' and employees' safety.

Rompa Entertainment is now hiring security personnel. If you are experienced in this type of work, and are prepared to meet the requirements, please contact myself or Mr. Harbinguer. Applications can also be submitted here.

Thank you.
    Elle "Elleiah" DiLaine: Omni Bureaucrat, Atlantean
    Now a waitress for Rompa Entertainment "It's all about the booty!"
    Former slave of Slaves of Rubi-Ka

--------------------------------------------------------
    Riena "Riesse" Solo: Clan Adventurer, Atlantean
    -"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly

Tarren's eyes stroll over the headlines... A destinct smile curves on his lip as he reads the article.

Under controll, eh Saxon?... Hehe, we shall see... Indeed, we shall see...
    Now is the discount of our winter tents.

Every suspect involved in this case has been arrested, interrogated, and charged according to the law.

We are conducting our investigations in a professional and timely manner. Public reports have been released and are readily available for viewing.

Coolxe, you do know that people have been hanging outside Newland City for... well a great while, right?

((OOC: On Rimor at least. ))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

*mumbles about meeting a Leet about a guy about a thing*

Err.. yeah.. I know... but umm.. The point is, it's newsworthy now... so obviously.. umm..

*slinks back into the shadows to purchase a beer*
    Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Omni will expand, Clans will vanish.
    If you know the difference between Leets and Soleets, which one makes this splat?
    The cat is wise to the mouses' game, so the mouse seeks death to avoid the pain~ Knives