Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Me A Reason To Be Clan, I Doubt You Can

Clanners are just nicer people And if 6 of us lvl 120+ gank a lvl 75 omni at MMD we can say we were doing it to free some slaves (j/k)

I want mah Knights Arrmor back!!!

Flowers might be the better armor, but when push comes to shove, nothing can top the look of the omni elite armor. Thank you FunCom for making the only helmet which looks doesn't completely blinds me with uglyness Omni only!

Omni's get: more cash, better hunting grounds at low end (though shades in Tir is Uber and hunting past 90 is crap except for the central artery which rox), more sided Items, easier token farming (can get lvl 40 without ever leaving omni1). Great shops (once you figure them out), more money, startup armor (!so unfair, 10 melee AC does all the difference against leets!) and FunCom help in "events" (juggs come to mind, grrr)

Clanners get: less cash, nice hunting grounds past 60 which are just as easy to get to for omni's, no unique stuff except for the thingy someone else mentioned and a crappy shoulderpad mission that doesn't work anymore (thx again), lotsa travel opportunities. Big rhino's stomping newland (events), good shop spread (more available cities), a cool shark, defendable
    rpg(anking) and me.

I'd pick Omni as well if I didn't think they were a bunch of worm ridden, no good, self important, egocentric waste of space/time/air/earth

Burn them al!

-mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Why be clan?

1. Storm.

2. Camelot.

3. Storm+camelot=lewt

You know, the title of this thread rhymes.
    ~Chris

Lightbulb Aye, must agree there

Oh look! It says RPG! I wonder... Hm.. I'm standing before 3 doors here, it says Omni, Neutral, and Clan. So lets think, do I wish to be this supposed Omnies, who're supposed to be evil coz they're into slavery? (seriously folks, Omni aren't evil, and neither is The Empire in Star Wars, poor Anakin just took a wrong turn, so did the Omnies, but I guess Omnies follows the Western Materialism ideas, so no, not evil, just a bit over the edge). Should I be Neutral, because then I wouldn't be in this war of Omnies and The Clans? (Aye, who wants war anyway? Some nice people once said "Lets make love, not war", but we don't want Aids or HIV in AO do we? Neutrals aren't evil, nor are they 'good', they're just neutral people, wanting to live normal on Rubi-Ka as a second chance.) OR should I be Clan? Do I think Omni is evil, and we should wack their heads off? (Sure, Clans thinks Omni is evil, and wish to destroy/make peace with them, Clans are also easier to RP with, as evil RP's should be big dark and mighty, but single players have no control at all over anyone, then again, Clans is a community..)

So whom do you choose oh valiant one? Shalt thou RP and be a Clanner? Shalt thou become an Omni and become rich, and perhaps powerful? Shalt thou become a Neut, to live in peace as u please, or be a spy for Clans/Omnies? It is thy choice...

Whoever side you wish to be is up to the player, "Why the hell would anyone want to be a Clanner?"? I say "Why the hell would anyone want to be an Omni?", or "Why the hell would anyone want to be an Neutral?" it's the same mate, it's just a choice. Good, Evil, neither... It's the choice of life..

Well actually.....I have Omni, Clan and Neutral characters. It's called hedging your bets.

Unhappy Still no reason to be Clan

Yes, it's true, you will get 50% more credits selling items in an Omni shop. Back during the cease fire I used to go to a newbie term in Omni Trade to sell things. Since the patch they fixed that terminal, it won't let me access it any more.

I heard peeps in my guild tell me how much more money you would get, but I blew them off, "It can't be that much more." I would tell myself. Then I did a mission and got a battlesuit, my guild mate said go to Fair Trade and see how much they will give me. The Clan shop offered me 100k, went to Omni trade and sold it for 150K.

This blew me away, and I sold all my stuff at that Omni Trade terminal again and again for 50% more, til the end of the cease fire, when they fixed it. I keep checking the difference, and it was always 50% more.

Why is this so? I could see 10% more, like Clan was taxing us, to compensate for lack of funding from Omni-Tech corporation, but 50% is too much an disadvantage from a player's standpoint.

Where is this imaginary place you speak of, that all us level 100+ clan peeps go to hunt?? Clan hunting spots stop at level 35ish. Avalon has a few wandering monsters, no clumpped together groups that have a good spawn rate like you see in Pleasent Meadows or Lush Fields, just to name two great Omni zones for hunting.

I'm not counting the avalon Cyborgs, because they are THE only one group of mobs in all of Caln territories. The tactics used in hunting in the Cyborg Domain is not like anywhere else. You just stand there, hit TAB and shoot the thing, and hope it does not kill you. You do not root, pull, mez or use any sort of tactics you would use in a hunt.

So do not even mention the Cyborgs as a comparrison to Clan vrs Omni hunting in this debate. The Omni vrs Caln hunting can still be compared to the huge arcade in the Mall of Omni-Tech to a dumpy Clanner 7/11 with one Pac Man game. The clan are pitching pennys against the orphanage steps, and Omni is playing Black Jach in Las Vegas.

The same skills and tactics used in hunting, are also used in open field PvP. Who could argue that? That being said, it stands to reason that the Clan will be gimpped when it comes to these proposed PvP conflicts, fighting over OPs and such. Clanners experiences are 98% missions and 2% hunting, even at level 75.

So FunCom, why the disparity? Why do Clan players get 50% less credits selling items, charged about 25% more for purchases and have 95% less hunting then Omni players???
    WHY IS THIS? Being the underdog is not sufficient reason to gimp an entire faction in this way.

With all this talk of balance, what would you say if ONLY Pet classes got 50% more credits when selling items and payed 25% less to buy items??

a lvl 2 trader with 13 comp lit in omni trade gets me 33% more money for my loot then a lvl 144 engie with well over 800 comp lit from clan shops.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Omni may be rich... but for some reason all the high levels seem to be clan...

Another reason to be clan is that the out number the Omni, at least on RK1. Go with the odds baby!

Sure, that's REAL productive. It's a shame AO doesn't have automatic team balancing...
    Dest

If u like Clam, Clam soup, Clam chowder, u might go with Clan.

If u like Clanging soung, u will certainly like the sound of Clan Clan Clan

If u like the Irish grp Clannard, u might wan to select Clan.
    REPRESENTING OMNI-TEK's FINEST...in some obscure department

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Omni may be rich... but for some reason all the high levels seem to be clan...
    not likely
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

lol

You people are ignorant. There's no advantage to omni or clan.

High level hunting places:

(Omni?) Ace Camp: 25%

(Clan?) Mort, PW: 25%

(All) Endless, boring, tedious Missions. yay

Omni gets better items maybe..? Nope

Elite armor is poo. Flowers tech is the best common armor, and hanshi primus is basically the same as Elite except it has chem AC and no radiation. All of the high levels wear the same armor, use the same weapons, whether they are omni or clan. Face it, there's no difference.

Oh, and omni has bases everywhere because they own the planet. Consider why the clan is called rebels....

Talking all I have to say

CLAN ROCX JOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Swar

1045 Total people above level 150
    500 Omni
    533 Clan
    16 Neutral

All numbers take from Antiguardians
    Last edited by Mr Bean; May 22nd, 2002 at 21:32:14.
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Prob is you need to consider how many of those are active and inactive. I don't think we can safely say it's equal on both sides.
    Dest

I certainly think you can.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'd rather not make that assumption, though note that I didn't even try to suggest who might have more of one or the other. Because I don't know.

If I was bored, I'd count them :P
    Dest

I know for a fact that George 0wnz0rz Oscar, so the clans must be Uber compared to OT

-mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

I have heard that Funcom monitors who logs on, and was distressed to see that there were always more Clan then Omni characters logging on. And that the Clan had many more high level characters then Omni.

To fix this, I heard a rumor that the reason FunCom came out with the Clan hunting/respawn nerf in patch 12.9, was to try and give Omni and advantage. FunCom was trying to level up Omni so the game would not be so out of proportion.

If that was true, which is highly believeable, is time to give us po Clan peeps somewhere to hunt? Just give us one or two of those camps like they have in 20k. Two camps with level 85 mobs wondering inside, that's all I ask, Omni hardly even hunts them anyway.

Someone said the shades in Greater Tir County were uber, you obviously never hunt in PM or Lush. Only one team can hunt those shades in GTC, cuz after you kill them all, you have to wait about 15 min for the first one to respawn, and then 3-5 min for the next and so on. It's the same over at "The Tooth" in Aegean with those Vultures.

Remember, as a Clanner, you can't grid/whompah to 20K unless you have a Yalm. Funcom may as well have made it impossible now to find Yalms in chests in missions. I made a new char three weeks ago, and have done 100+ missions, all I can do as Clan, and I have never seen any type of vehicle in any chest. So if you dont have a high level char to make 5mil and buy you one, then you are getting a Yalm.

$$$$ I just found a place in Omni where I can still sell stuff, put a nano crystal in the trade window, and Omni offer 41k, went to Fair Trade and was offered 27k, thats about 45% less credits as Clan. Kinda sux, still don't know the reason behind this. $$$

WHY IS THIS FUNCOM????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast