Thread: A new Era in Gameing

A new Era in Gameing

Please Cosmic, don't take this as a flame. I love AO and have been in it since Beta and I will prob remain for quite a while but I do have some concerns/constructive feedback for you.

When I first started AO I loved it! I spoke of nothing else for months durring beta at work to my friends and convinced many to buy it and check it out. We all plaied and loved it. Yes, there were bugs but the size of the world was huge and the graphics were like something we have all never seen before.

The ones at work that did not buy the game would all gather around my desk once a month and we would all download the latest story movie and play it for the group. Everyone had ideas on what was going to hapen next and how the plot was going to effect these main characters. It was like, even though they did buy the game there were hooked on the movie and story line.

I would always talk about how awsome this game was because everytime I log on and everything I do effects this story. This is like no other game because I matter. Because I can make things happen. I can form my own faction and get it mentioned in the story. I can attack a city and see that change. I can have a major peace talk and see a change in the story. Well, you get the point.

Well....the movies are gone. The crowd around my desk has disipated. I don't talk about what I did online that may make a difference anymore. I have no missions that are actualy part of the story and I could care less about making alliances and peace talks because I have plaied long enough to know that it doesn't matter. To be honest, I see no difference between now and when the amnisty was in effect. I just get mission, hook up with the guys and head towards lvl 200. I am concerned what I will do when I get there?

Again, I am not flaming just letting you know my personal experence with AO. I do hope for more content. I do hope the movies come back. I long for that crowd around my desk again. I hope you can relay my concerns back to the powers that be.

Zepto
    President of the Order of Kauket
    Last edited by Zepto; May 21st, 2002 at 17:54:02.

Try downloading the video in this link and playing it for them:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25832

I had a few people sign on for a trial run just from seeing the videos. Old UO buddies. They wanted to know what was going to happen next.

They quit. Basically because nothing happened next.

I hope that will spark some more interest both in my buddies and in Funcom.