Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove horrible cave missions from game

Remove horrible cave missions from game

Everyone hates the cave missions.

The ones with 100 tiny little rooms with brown walls, with pools of water and acid and junk cluttering the ground.

Pet pathing is almost impossible in these missions. If you have a pet, you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to get your pets unstuck, or just terminating them and recasting them, or running out of the mission and back in so your pets will be near you again.

You get stuck in the water and can't get out at all.

Etc etc.

The worst thing is that about half the zones in the game give exclusively these missions.

Just take them out completely and replace them with the other type of cave missions, the ones with large rooms. Or with building missions.

Or with >anything< else.

If not, we will punish all Funcom employees by making them spend 12 hours a day playing a pet profession doing cave missions.

I must have forgotten to mention the fact that some of the rooms are so small that you can't even see whether anything is on the ground or not.

And that doing team missions in these cave missions is ridiculous, with 6 players crowding into a space about 2 feet across.

And that they're ugly.

And they don't fit with the supposed futuristic world that AO is supposed to represent.

Most of the cave missions are so poorly designed and ugly they make me want to vomit.

I can't vomit, because I don't feel my vomit deserves the treatment of being shown such a horrible part of the game.

No more crappy cave missions (green acid main room with grate floor, or the large brown cave main room with tiny "rivers". I always get stuck in the floor or ceiling... makes running away a problem)

caves

The large room with acid & grate walkway is a major disaster but otherwise I don't have much trouble with them. I find the F8 key *very* useful in these missions, have you tried that ? It may help you somewhat =)

I would also add they lag like hell... when you finally give up on clearing all the rooms and just try and make a run for the objective, the game moves at 2 fps as it tries to cache in all the different textures.

Outdoor missions!!!

I'd rather run around a totally flat playfield with a black boarder than trying to get unstuck from those horrible puddles.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

If I gather correctly, there are various styles of creatures in the various dungeons; caves can hold people and monsters, with a little tilt towards monsters. Subways are the same way. The "living" ones also fit in this group. Then there are the office and medical-type buildings.

A slider to chose would be nice. I love monster missions, because monster parts are worth a lot to me. But sometimes they don't make sense; caves in the middle of Tir and office complexes in Wartorn Valley... riiiiight...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

pet pathing

Why is pet pathing so difficult when the mobs can chase you around at a full run? Different AI?

Yes.

The pathing for monsters is different than that for pets.

Funcom in their mighty wisdom has elected to allow monsters to teleport right through any walls or over any pools of water which might be in the way, while not allowing your pets to do any of this.

If pets were simply given the same following code as that for monsters, you'd never lose them. Or, if they were given the same code as that used for the /follow command.

But god forbid anything should be easy in this game.

Walking around shooting everything is easy. And pretty much all you can do.

Quite; now that I think about it, the pets warping around makes a lot of sense. I didn't even notice monsters did it until recently; early on, they would constantly get stuck places. FC's workaround for this was to just do a check and warp them to you... fair enough, though it is sloppy. I'm not going to flame them for it. It works. The same issues are happening to pets; the same solution could easily be applied.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Pets does warp to you, but not as often as mobs do.

The thing is, mobs can be stuck in walls. They do that very often for me. And yes, I can stay at the other side of the wall, and the mob doesn't have a clue how to find me.

It's not only pets who have trouble. Mobs have it too. The problem is that mobs don't kill themselves in frustration just because they get stuck.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Please remove the missions with the large acid main roon with the grate walkways. These are the most annoying missions in the game due to all sorts of edge dectection problems.

Give more Room missions where the missio takes place in somethig alittle more civilized like offices, subways or whatever.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Talking cave missions

Hi..there is a site deveoted to the bad cave missions in anarchy...

Its got constructive critisism.

http://members.shaw.ca/brailen

there is a forum section there...post your name as a signature to agreement with what the site is about there

Originally posted by Falcon
    Please remove the missions with the large acid main roon with the grate walkways. These are the most annoying missions in the game due to all sorts of edge dectection problems.

Give more Room missions where the missio takes place in somethig alittle more civilized like offices, subways or whatever.
    I have been saying this for the longest. These have to be the worst types of missions in the game. They suck so much that I nuke the mission key to oblivion. I just love how when in 3rd person view your camera does bizzare things when in this mission.

*Pukes thinking about the acid-gate missions*

Another thing I wanted to add about pet AI. Don't you love it when your pet runs the opposite direction of the mob?

"Mini-me attack!"
    "Where the hell are you going? The mob is east not west."

Totally agree! Cave missions are just terrible...
    Like it's not bad enough being an agent, and as such getting my a*s kicked big time in missions, doing these missions is absolute nightmare. I (almost) spend more time adjusting the camera than fighting.
    I much rather play in the hi tech maps, which are well designed, look cool and are much more fun to play.

Those missions are horrible for pet classes, and problematic with the camera. Camera problems can be worked around easily by going in subjective view though.

However, I kinda like them.
    Yes, I know, rubi-ka is a futuristic world, and as such there shouldn't be any kind of natural scenery anywhere, every wall should be metallic, every weapon should be a gun, every object must be using some kind of advanced energy source, food must be pills, and god forbid that people still have natural needs. 'Nuff said.

However, sometimes the missions are out of place... For instance, the very first "brown cave" mission I did was in a building in omni-entertainment. Erm.

I can understand that a few missions can be in military complex or medical centers hidden in deep forest thhough.

Thats right, remove all the cave missions. They make Capt wanna vomit and they annoy Stark.

After that you guys can hit the boards and complain about there being even less variety in missions.

Brilliant.

Having done about 100 horrible brown cave missions so far, I can guarantee that they do not provide variety.

Take them out now.

Or to put it another way.

Let's say your job is boring.

Let's say your boss decides to remedy this situation by coming up and smacking you upside your head every couple hours. Well, this doesn't really improve your job, does it?

The brown walled cave missions are like a smack upside the head.

cave missions are evil sensory deprivation environments. arrggg, it hurts just to think of them.

nerf the probability that a mission will be a cave.

30th century, no reason why underground 'housing' must have a built up structure above ground. you can keep missions out in the woods, just not so many evil cave missions please. arrgghhh, they won't leave my mind, arrgghhh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast