Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (&^#$*&^## Save Bug

I'd like to thank everyone for thier support, it really has meant a lot to me.

I wish Cosmik would have ever bothered to talk to me about this.

Its all irrelevenant now. The direction FC is taking the game (level req nanos) is not one that I am intrested in playing. I will be leaving soon.

Thanks again all. Hope to see you in Citizen Zero or SWG.

Heh, might see you in SWG then.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

BUMP
    Agent Jacinto "Asura" Ashwell
    Finalizer
    Lost Chapter

Uncurable forum lurker

After reading the Thread with great pleasure.
    And that is not cause you didn't get your xp back NOR FC addmitting it. I want to support you a bit.

*had the same issue couple times at low lvl thinking it was a n00b mistake of myself*

Acknowledge the bug.
    Fix the bug.
    Change his name.

BUMP

*greetz with a bright smile*

chown=pwned

Acknowledge the bug.
    Fix the bug.
    Nerf his class

P.S
    Set my level to 200, or give me back my Flock of Seagulls lunchbox, we had a deal damn it!

This thread has been going since the 20th of May. What the hell?!?! Over a month with no resolution. At the very least, say no to the name change then.

Here's my Flogging-a-dead-horse bumpity bump bump!

At least deny there is a bug
    At least say you wont fix the bug
    At least tell him to get bent

Sheesh!
    /ignore %t

Well we have already gotten the "I will look into it." and the "It appears to be working correctly." why more could you ask for? If you think this dilema of a "cold and uncaring" staff is central to Anarchy Online...you are mistaken. I have been nailed with bugs in just about every online game I have played and 98% of the time, even when I supply proof I get the industry standard "I'll look into it." "It appears to be working as intended, next!"

Suck it up and get over it, or walk away, those are your only options. This whole "Change my name." "Acknowledge the bug." "Fix it." crap is all out of line. Yeah it sucks when it happens but it happens, but that comes with the territory. I have played just about every MMORPG out their and sooner or later the though crosses my mind that I am paying to Beta Test, but it dosen't really matter to me as long as I am having fun. If you are looking for a finished flawless product you will never find it in a MMORPG because they are constantly changing and evolving, and often enough the scope is so vast that if you fix one thing it breaks three other things, or creates an exploit, imbalance and so on and so forth.

So yeah
    <>Throttles Dead Horse with a sharp stick<>

I wasn't going to rise to this, but your looping back around for another go at personal pot-shots at me is just too much.

What you fail to understand is that this is not an isolated problem After startign this thread I've spoken to LOTS of people in game who have the exact same issue. Theres no chance in hell that FC is unaware of it, but rather than admit to anyone that the insurance scanners just dont work sometimes, they ignore myself and everyone else who has gotten uppity about it. This thread was not an attempt to gain reslolution, it was an attempt to highten awarness.

Now, as I've already QUIT THE DAMN GAME, please go find somewhere else to troll.
    Last edited by chown; Jun 30th, 2002 at 22:42:18.

Booyah, beeotch.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Acknowledge the bug.
    Fix the bug.

I gave up on this game a bit ago, but one of my friends was attacked by this bug, lost 3 mil xp. If I hadn't quit earlier for all Funcom has provided, this would have gaven me a reason more...
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Unhappy support!

Hi,

I want to also support Chown!
    The situation starts to scare me; I have been affected by the bug until now, but the same thing happened last week during a team mission. We were in team and we all saved in Varmind Woods, but we had an unlucky adventurer that ended up in Tir when he died during the mission. At this time nobody really realized the problem.
    But now, I am scared! If this kind of very very basic functionality does not work 100% as it should then AO becomes seriously bad in my eyes (when I am loosing xxx k EXP when I am dying I am already angry [against me not being prudent enough], but if it should happen because of one more stupid bug, then.......).

Leosonyc

Gotta admit that I only read the first page and last page, but the problem needs to be fixed.

Also, nearly every save terminal is charging me a different amount, sometimes I wil get charged 870 creds in PM or 270ish in Newland, and something around that in all the other Omni cities..

All terminals charge different amounts of money per level, it's nothing new.
    Hi.

This may not be related but it sounds almost along the same lines, so heres what I've seen.

For the past 2 days Ive been in the process of reequiping my soldier (since i did a IP reset on him). I had a bunch of old equipment weapons armor etc etc. Went through various stores in omni trade looking for new equip and i sold off the old junk. A friend messaged me and needed me to buff him with one of my alts so i loged out and loged back in with one of my other characters. After i buffed him I relogged in my soldier ...the stuff i had sold at the terminal was back. I resold it again in a different store thinking that i may have hit cancel accidentally, went on to the next shop...low and behold all the junk was back in my backpack again. This happend like 3 times, almost like it didnt take BUT the stuff that i bought and equiped was still with me. Seems to be something to do with zoning into the shops. Maybee they operate on a different server? and something is lost between the zoning? Kind of like saving at a city then zoning into a mission.. (From your posts this always seemed to happen when saving then going on missions?)I seem to remember reading somewhere that the mission zones run on a different server. Its almost like the info is being lost on their end between the different servers.

I am on cable the ping indicator was green and my ping was around 75 or so I was experiencing no lag.

If Cosmic went around testing the servers then terminating himself to see if it saved then there is no way possible that he would have seen the bug. I believe it has to do with saving then zoning into a mission area same as what was happening with the items in my backpack.

I seem to remember a few times too where i could have sworn i saved then ended up somewhere else even after seeing the character stored message. It never happend in places like broken shores where the save terminals were close to the missions, it always seemed to happen when I would save in one zone travel to another for a mission then end up where i saved the night before when i died.

Just my 2 cents

WELL, I got bored, and the girlfriend REALLY misses AO, so we're back.

I remain unconvinced that FC managment actually has the vision to pull it all off, I think that level reqs are the worst mistake they've ever made, but 6 weeks w/o playing has at least removed the "high-lvl boredom" factor.

on another note:

Fix the bug
    Change my name Cosmik!!! :-P

Oh boy...

Well, this is probably the one and only bugs I have yet to encounter... but now you guys have me worried. I dont know if they need to be changing your name over it, but they certainly need to look into it, fix it and start reimbursing people for the losses their bugs are costing us.

No.. its YOUR ISP!
    ::insert dramatic eyeroll here::
    The value of life is nothing...
    ...now death...
    THAT will cost you.

did they ever fix this?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

*snicker*

Do you even need to ask?
    Hi.

hmm then possibly we should bump for this fix.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by chown
    I'd like to thank everyone for thier support, it really has meant a lot to me.

I wish Cosmik would have ever bothered to talk to me about this.

Its all irrelevenant now. The direction FC is taking the game (level req nanos) is not one that I am intrested in playing. I will be leaving soon.

Thanks again all. Hope to see you in Citizen Zero or SWG.
    want to hear a story about Phoenixbird? The gimp?
    ok at around lvl 100+ i was in bs after a mission (right before ding)
    i went out of the mission and woaH! lagg i was half dead to so i got into my yalm, lagged over to dA steps... suddenly taking fall dmg 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 54,32

i was thinking bah only a little lagg ill be ok 500 fall dmg
    !!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!???!!!!!!!!! /¤"/#¤%"/¤@.COM!

you lost 1,5Mill xp /petition i lost 1,5 million xp couse of fall dmg bug IN MY YALM!!!!!!"

ARK : This is strange i've never heard about this before...
    Me : can you please give my xp back? fc bugs i want my xp back!!
    ARK: Im sorry i cant help you... but we are working an xp back system.
    Me : good thx god they started on something like that...

1 year later...

reads this post...
    reading...
    still reading...
    hm
    LIErs xp system my ARSE

END wasent that fun? .... dident think so

welcome to hell
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast