Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (&^#$*&^## Save Bug

Next time. Try this.

Sit Down -> Save (check for the message.. not just the sound) -> Stand Up.

Just to be sure u're in sync all the time.

Don't forget to check that credits had been deducted too. Just to be sure.
    Last edited by Ashuras; May 28th, 2002 at 02:36:08.

The credits are deducted on the client side, so thats irrelevenant.

Also, F that.

I'm continuing to screenshot all saves and save twice, when FC refuses to refund the Xp next time, I'll just quit.

Unhappy

Hmmm, well given FCs current no refunds policy, I suspect we'll be saying goodbye

The problem isn't so much that the client does too much (clients in these types of games do tend to do a fair bit to minimise lag effects), but that once sync is lost, it doesn't get re-synced very well. If the client checked its data set every now and then, or even just different bits of it on a more frequent basis, it might notice something was amiss.

But I'd try the sit down, save, stand-up suggestion. If you can sit down or stand up, you have communication with the server as that action needs confirmation before the client will perform it, so that at least checks your ok there. If that isn't the issue, then...

How about now?
    Can you hear me now?

This happened to me yesterday... I saved at 20k, and it didn't register. I died later and found myself in Broken Shore set back several million xp.

The day before, two friends of mine told me that they had also lost chunks of exp because of saves that somehow didn't happen.
    Yehezkel

180+ Rockin' Adventurer
    Jester's Vengeance
    RK2

Soon to be in possession of majestic powers that no other profession will rival...

I always save at least 3 times, making sure there's no lag going on when I do it. This has never happened to me so far
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Originally posted by Taldrin
    I always save at least 3 times, making sure there's no lag going on when I do it. This has never happened to me so far
    No lag? How do you manage that? You haven't sold your soul to the devil, have you?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

He must only save in Belial.
    At 3AM US Time.
    On Mondays.
    Wearing sunglasses.

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    He must only save in Belial.
    At 3AM US Time.
    On Mondays.
    Wearing sunglasses.
    Damn. I was hoping I could offload this pesky soul for some lagless gaming. Oh well...
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

I only lag when I first enter a zone/area and it's loading everything in. Other then that AO runs fine for me. Think you should consider some hardware upgrades and/or software tweaking if it lags badly all the time...or was that some attempt at humour?
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Originally posted by Taldrin
    I only lag when I first enter a zone/area and it's loading everything in. Other then that AO runs fine for me. Think you should consider some hardware upgrades and/or software tweaking if it lags badly all the time...or was that some attempt at humour?
    I'm running on a 1GHz athlon. GeForce3. 768 megs of ram.
    4 way interleave, manually assigned video memory addressing, 256meg video aperature, side band addrressing on (verified that DX inputs faster with it), ata100 HD with a seperate ata100 HD with a 12 GIG page file on it. WinXP with all the services and drivers tweaked. 3 megabit downstream 300k upstream cable connection off of a business class router (live downtown, play at night).

I spent over a year doing tech support (security admin for a 300K user network now) and I KNOW what I'm doing.

This game is F'ing laggy as hell on judgement day.

Try now.
    Can you hear me now?

I suppose not for every single person, but it's awfully laggy for a lot of people. I have a 620/90 adsl connection, P 933, Geforce 3, 512 RAM, recent install of Win 2k professional with all the correct and updated drivers etc.... certainly a good enough machine to run the game in all its glory. Good enough to exceed any requirements if the game is run with all of the bells and whistles at their maximum settings.

Yet still it lags to a slideshow on a regular basis, the ping drops into the thousands, I get disconnected more often than I'd like, the mouse lag makes it difficult to click on anything...
    Yehezkel

180+ Rockin' Adventurer
    Jester's Vengeance
    RK2

Soon to be in possession of majestic powers that no other profession will rival...

Thumbs down

2.2 mbit syncronous dsl in Raleigh, NC. (hello servers?)

Its freaking laggy.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Now maybe?
    Can you hear me NOW?

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    Now maybe?
    Can you hear me NOW?
    /me beats the crap out of grahamX0r with a cellphone
    Hi.

Don't beat me with it, lend it to Cosmik.
    He was "looking into this" and now, nothing.
    Personally, I look at this as thier last chance to save my account.

HOW ABOUT NOW?

/me beats the crap out of Cosmik with a cellphone
    Hi.

It just happened again to the tune of 1.48 mil.

Why am I playing this game?

Ohh ya, because SWG isn't out yet.

Cosmik: can you at LEAST get my name changed to Whycan't "Chown" Save

I know you WON'T refund the xp.
    I know you can't make anyone in the ark program give a damn.
    I know you can't convince the people in game direction that they're quickly ruining what was once the BEST MMPORG.

But can you at least do that?

Come on, grant me a pyrrhic victory.
    Last edited by chown; Jun 4th, 2002 at 04:29:59.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast