Thread: Fix to "Take it easy" is a masterpiece of coding technology!

Thumbs down Fix to "Take it easy" is a masterpiece of coding technology!

FC has made a step forward in coding technology that will make humankind a lot better... err...

Now seriously, renaming "Take it easy" to "Wait for previous action to finish" (or whatever) is not a fix!! I'm sick of this bug happening over and over!! How many times do you need to fix this bug? Maybe in the 20th try you will get rid of it?

umm..."take it easy" and "Wait for your previous attack to end" are 2 different things. I was getting both a few patches ago, but now i only get the 2nd one if i end my current attack and attack another target fast. I just wait a sec and I atack normally. Haven't seen "take it easy" in 13.2

I know they are 2 different things, but Ive never seen the second, only Take it easy.

But now, in 13.2 for me Take it easy has been replaced for Wait to previous... I get it exactly under the same circunstances, and I cannot fight back or initiate an atack until I zone or relog.
    Last edited by Lionel; Dec 1st, 2001 at 15:08:22.

Hahahaha

The 'Fix' probly constituted of removing the warning
    Couldn't have done it any beter myself, Lol

Temp

Please wait for previous flame to end.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Post Blah

'Waiting for previous action' occurs on specials, it happens when I use my fling shot on my crappy pistol that I never use so luckily it doesnt hurt me too much. Havent seen 'Take it easy' in a while.
    "tYpInG lIkE tHiS or using numbers for letters (D00D!) is not clever, and will get you marked as someone to avoid."
    -Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets of Anarchy Online

146 Nano NT - Ayabe (retired, naked, and penniless)
    33 Opifex Fixer - Nekkidas (orphaned)
    72 Sol MA - Medang (orphaned)
    42 Sol MP - Lilake (orphaned)
    18 Sol Adv (orphaned)
    10 Sol Trader (orphaned)

Angry

I've died in missions because of this piece of incompetent programming. Here's some advice. Manually reload your Flashpoint. When you use the first of your specials, make sure the message comes up on the screen before you move on to the second, then the third. Doing the alpha strike too quickly will put you into bug mode, and just when you thought your burst and fullauto is there to save your life, you're bugged until that mob, or you, dies.
    If you're in a team, target an ally, attack him (in 25%+ zone!), retarget mob, then attack, the bug might have cleared.

just hit escape, retarget and press q, no need to zone or relog
    and "wait for previous action finish" before trying another special
    we're playing an online game, give some time to the packets to get to the server, doesn't hurt to wait half a second before pressing next special.
    anyhow, always work for me.

I'm an electrical engineer and I've done a lot of coding in school and at work.
    What makes some of these bugs so maddening is that they seem to originate from such basic mistakes in coding. I think that simply switching the order in which functions are called might solve problems.
    I have an implant to improve my drive air, but when I zone, I'm out of my Yalmaha and on the ground. Here Grimwolf! Dinner!
    Seems that the program notices that I have a ql46 Yalmaha in my HUD, checks my basic drive air ability, notices it's insufficient, boots my plane into my inventory, THEN goes through my implants and adjusts my final ability points.
    Now, when your character is reloaded after zoning, you'd think that and easy fix would be to call the functions that adjust your abilities via implants and buffs BEFORE checking your vehicle or other stuff.
    Where I work, engineers aren't allowed to talk to customers, only marketers are. Trouble is, marketers are STOOOOOOOPID, but they're valued for their ability to look pretty and lie. So, we'll never hear from Funcom programmers.
    Watch my account get cancelled for saying this.

Marquis "Avedis" Gaviglia
    Level 96 Soldier
    Omni-Tek
    Taking it easy as I finish my previous fight, then wait for my previous special attack to finish.

Originally posted by Mineha
    just hit escape, retarget and press q, no need to zone or relog
    and "wait for previous action finish" before trying another special
    I tried that man....doesn’t work.

For us Soldiers we are talking about a Flashpoint here. 12.0 sec recharge time. I could go 15 min without using it. Ok...all specials are ready. I equip it. All looks good. Puller brings mob...I hit my FA....nothing. Recharge bar is going but no shot. Finally I see what looks like a FA shot but no damage is done. Ok...lets say I missed. (allot) So now I try my burst... "wait for prev..." hmmm... try a fling shot. same sh!t...."wait for previous attack to finish" or something to that effect. Ok so now about 20 sec's have gone by and I haven’t fired a single shot yet... change to my NovaFlow. SPECIALS NOT AVAIABLE. well...don’t that just suck for your team who get a soldier because he can deal a good amount of damage.

NOT!

Being that these are the only 2 guns any soldier can be effective with it is a huge problem.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01