Thread: Bulletin Board - Story Discussions

Unhappy Bulletin Board - Story Discussions

Story Discussions?!

Is this someone's cruel joke?!

WHAT STORY?!

Oh I think I remember... was that the thing we had way back in mid-February? (which at the time of posting is now only 3 months ago!)

COME ON FUNCOM... WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!

You're losing good, keen, hungry, hard working, experienced players who wanted to see AO continue in the vein it started in last October yet floundered and stopped mid-February.

You're losing these people due to the lack of... well anything that even looks like a storyline.

Over the past quarter I've seen most of the old vets on the OT faction leader channel go one by one by one, and all the player run events go with them. You've squandered away the very best people to the point that there are only a few scraps of us left.

That and it's extremely painful watching good org members, good RP & content type org members leaving the game for the same reasons.

Do something please.

Soon.

/me watches a tumbleweed roll past.

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

Last thing I remember happening in the Story was the Dust Brigade attacking randomly. That was a couple months ago.

Ross and Radiman stopped talking. A couple 'events' happened involving the Dust Brigade attacking 20K. But no evolvement of the Storyline.

I have had the fortune of participateing in a few apparently discontinued side plots in the story back in the beginning of the year.

The Vandelmir Consortium(spelling might be a bit off) had great potential but it ended with a whimper and left many loose ends.

More recently a few weeks ago there was an OTSOD meeting called for by a GM. My hopes were up, it was off to a tension filled start. At the end the GM/Character said she will be around for a few days and we can contact her if the need arise.

Status update: The GM/Character has been missing for over 2-3 weeks without any sightings or comm traffic. Have you seen her?

It is very fraustrateing to see all the potential there is that is unused. Unfortunately they always abondon these side plots once they get off to a great start or in the case of the recently revived Dust Brigade, sporadic activity are the only remote signs of life.

I mean Funcom please, if the events team are unable to for some reason to move the story along let the players help or offer support to the players. There are a slowly dwindleing number of players that are trying all they can with the limited resources at their disposal to create player run events. Many have burnt out and left.

Point and case, the newly formed Diplomatic Assembly, there were well over 40-50 delegates present from over a dozen organizations from accross the board during the 8th BureauCon.

Oddly enough, level 80 omni meta with a green nametag at Reet's Retreat simply walked in, looked around for a few minutes and left. I mean not offering support is bad enough but to turn your back and simply walk away.......

Respectfully,
    Kithrak
    A tired bureaucrat.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-