Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >>>>COSMIK<<< Just a question....

One of the main problems I see with all these changes is that they seem to be geared towards PvP. The OE rules, crit buffs becoming self-only, concealment and perception changes, etc.

They all seem to be done to balance out PvP - which 95% of the AO population doesn't even participate in.

It's all borked no matter how you look at it.

Precisely. The agent doesnt need to get close to land hits, so he/she may as well be effectively concealed against an opponent anyway.

*unless* there was an AS damage bonus or something, while concealed. Even then, they'd only need to be within the perception radius.. for 0.01 of a second to get off a "Concealed AimedShot"
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: >>>>COSMIK<<< Just a question....

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    What ever happened to that idea you were tossing out at agent sector about Aimedshot working like a flingshot when you were in combat?

Was it unbalancing? Was it too hard to do? Why exactly is it not in the "agent patch" as it was suppose to be?
    That was actually Cz. I'll get an answer for you.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

....and here it is.

The thing is, that suggestion was offered to Agents to discuss. There never was an overwhelming response in favour of this suggestion, with some Agents liking it and other Agents saying the suggestion was, well, silly and it wouldn't help Agents. So, we put the idea on ice and instead decided to focus on improving Agents in other areas such as the crit buffs.

So, basically, the suggestion wasn't a smash hit.

Originally posted by Greebus
    Concealment has been borked since I can remember.
    Maybe ill take that IP and dump it into equiping a Flashpoint/Nova combo and say goodbye to the rifle line forever. Who needs an aimed shot that is so hard to pull off, slows down your team, and most of the time, does less damage than a normal crit shot, when you can Full Auto for rude damage, and you don't have to be concealed to use it.
    Hehe greebus, me and you think alike... I've begun stockpiling IP for the shift to Flashpoint already, and may well have enough by lvl 185ish to keep rifle/aimed too...

root, self-buff crit 100%, >x-3< aimed, normal shot, >flashpoint< full auto, burst, fling, self buff crit 30%, TMS, >nova flow< fire... oh yeah

Seriously Cosmik, there are those of us who feel strongly about this though, and I too use a snakemaster and fling most of the time. If you cant fix conceal, then you need to give aimed the usability of fling - already has a higher recharge time to make up for teh *theoretically* higher damage. I think zeroshift's interpretation of the situation is opretty much on target, and I know a lot of other agents do too.
    -bb

When the idea was floated (mostly on the AgentSector forums) Aimed Shot was still able to be pulled off. With the changes to Concealment making Aimed Shot almost impossible to pull off twice in and entire mission, you best reconsider this before 14.2 makes all those unsuspecting Agents who don't read these boards or Agent Sector turn into an angry lynch mob.

Re: Re: >>>>COSMIK<<< Just a question....

Originally posted by Cosmik

That was actually Cz. I'll get an answer for you.
    You are entirely right! Sorry =P

Thanks for responding though.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 23rd, 2002 at 15:17:22.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    ....and here it is.

The thing is, that suggestion was offered to Agents to discuss. There never was an overwhelming response in favour of this suggestion, with some Agents liking it and other Agents saying the suggestion was, well, silly and it wouldn't help Agents. So, we put the idea on ice and instead decided to focus on improving Agents in other areas such as the crit buffs.

So, basically, the suggestion wasn't a smash hit.

I was there, and I think the situation was mis-interpreted.

There was a lot of flak about how this idea could lead to problems (ie. Monster is aware of your pressense, so you get a flingshot instead of an aimedshot). And overall people rejected the idea because they were in favor of doing sweeping changes to AS instead of small things that would make it better and more useable.

Basically, it's not that we hated the idea... It's just that we rejected it because we wanted AS to be more like an aimedshot, not a flingshot.

But seeing as how you guys have no plans to ever take our issues with AS seriously, this would be the best route for now. Given a choice between nothing or a flingshot, I'm sure most agents would go for the flingshot... Hell, most agents are switching to rifles with flingshot anyway.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 23rd, 2002 at 15:15:35.

Aye, its not that agents dont like that idea it is that we dont want our bugged Aimed Shot turned into a flingshot.

Fix Aimed shot, once it will work decently then we could think of adding some new features like as proposed we could choose to skip aimed shot and its potentially high damage to just land a quick low damage flingshot. Could work in pvm for instance.
    Last edited by Sseth; May 23rd, 2002 at 15:46:06.

Originally posted by Mnemesis

Hehe greebus, me and you think alike... I've begun stockpiling IP for the shift to Flashpoint already, and may well have enough by lvl 185ish to keep rifle/aimed too...

root, self-buff crit 100%, >x-3< aimed, normal shot, >flashpoint< full auto, burst, fling, self buff crit 30%, TMS, >nova flow< fire... oh yeah

Seriously Cosmik, there are those of us who feel strongly about this though, and I too use a snakemaster and fling most of the time. If you cant fix conceal, then you need to give aimed the usability of fling - already has a higher recharge time to make up for teh *theoretically* higher damage. I think zeroshift's interpretation of the situation is opretty much on target, and I know a lot of other agents do too.
    I agree with you an Zero and Im even a soldier. If I couldn't pull off a flingshot more then a couple times a level because my conceal i'd be switching weapons just like i am switching to the X-3 rifle in 14.2 (even without fling/burst i think it will still outdo a novaflow).

/me gives teh aimed -> fling idea a big bump
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

I'll run it by the designers again. Any other Agents out there that would like to see this? A show of hands liked; discussion preferred.

If it means that my aimedshot is automatically a fling if I am detected and I thus loose what could have been an aimedshot if I tried some more: NO.

If I get to choose if I want a concealed aimedshot or non concealed fling perhaps.

My prefered solution: Add fling on popular rifles.

As I recall it was this:

If you were Sneaking, then Aimed Shot would not work any differently at all than it does now. End of Story. Detection checks ("xxx is aware of your presence"), the whole nine yards.

If you were NOT in Sneak Mode, when your Aimed Shot special timer cycled you could fire it off and it would act like a Fling Shot. Just 'bang'.

Simple, really and a fine addition for the Agent who might be in a group quite often and is running through mission rooms so fast that an Aimed Shot is rarely feasible causing him to lose a large portion of what makes him special.

Having the Aimed Shot work as a Fling if you are not Sneaking goes in a small way towards remedying this.

as long as this change also works for sneak attack (aka the attack that is HARDER to pull off than aimed shot)

Cosmik,

I'm in favor of Aimed shot working like a fling shot if your not concealed.

If you are concealed (sneaking), then it should work as it does now. Meaning.. I want to continue trying a concealed aimed shot. Only when I unsneak will it work like a fling shot.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12