Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >>>>COSMIK<<< Just a question....

>>>>COSMIK<<< Just a question....

What ever happened to that idea you were tossing out at agent sector about Aimedshot working like a flingshot when you were in combat?

Was it unbalancing? Was it too hard to do? Why exactly is it not in the "agent patch" as it was suppose to be?

BUMP

Yeah, AS should be worth something...
    Last edited by Corz; May 19th, 2002 at 19:52:27.
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

Well maybe it shouldnt be be like fling as fling maxes out at equal to a regualr shot crit. AS maxes out like FA at 10k.

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    Well maybe it shouldnt be be like fling as fling maxes out at equal to a regualr shot crit. AS maxes out like FA at 10k.
    They weren't talking about making AS any more gimped that it already was... The point was if you were already in combat you could activate the AS and have it work like a flingshot. Good for rifles with fast recharging AS.

I wish they would change this to work like a fling.

Fact is... Aimed Shot only does the real good damage a minority of the time.

It Slows down teams.

It is very hard to pull off in a mission because you have to start Sneak in the other room.

The idea that one had to be concealed to do an aimed shot was dumb from the begining. Marksmen need a steady hand to get a good shot... not to be hidden. If aimed shot was a critical ht every shot, I could understand the need to be sneaking and hidden, but the fact is... the damage is most of the time not worth it. I'm really glad I switched to a Snakemaster as I get to use my fling in missions when we are rolling fast.

I like the way it works in PVP.. only wish they would make it the same for PVM.

It would be real nice if we get a nice crit bonus for pulling of a sucessfull sneaking aimed shot, while still haveing the ability to use it like a fling. But that might make us happy. :-p
    Last edited by Jennii; May 21st, 2002 at 06:06:24.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Originally posted by Greebus
    But that might make us happy. :-p
    ...and we can't be having that can we? :P

No, Agent's are meant to be gimps. They are meant get nerfed every patch. The last thing we should do is make the agents happy with their skills.

So you think you ll get nerfed with this patch?

Hmmmm
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Sware
    So you think you ll get nerfed with this patch?

Hmmmm
    How about not being able to re-sneak until a 10 sec timer goes off? Totally useless feature, no place for it whatsoever.

How about not being able to AS if youre not sneaking until you see mob on map? Combine that with sneak rubberband or the even worse on that makes all doors black in missions so you have to relog, when getting rubberbanded it happens 98% in sneak, hardly ever when not sneaking. Totally useless feature, place for it whatsoever

How about healpets/demons?

They just throwing us a bone while preparing to cut our head off...
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Well...what they r trying to nerf is (while boosting your agent skills) being able to master all other proffesions. And since you can still cast agent nanos while in FP I dont think there will be a problem..Remember you r not 'being' a MP just 'mimicing' it. so its quite normal that you cant cast one proffesions most special nanos. Othen then that as you told you r getting some side effects like sneak times and stuff...Still from 3rd perspective it seems to me that you get more + then - ... Insane crit buffs (yes..and they r meant to be short) repressor for surviving team missions, and that hologram thingie to avoid unwanted encounters in PvP..and hell perception and concealment are to most important skills for PvP now esspecially for agents that ll let them put an aimed shot bullet and horrify the other player instantly. I am not against what you get infact I am happy. Just not fully understand why you complain since you r like more agents then before.

Btw I am only talking about lvl 120+ agents here. Any proff can make up to lvl 120 without a hassle its then one feels gimped.

My ideas..not looking for a fight so keep your Ranees crosshair from my head pls ;P
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

More like agents, ya I guess. Its a huge decrease in power tho:

- Loose MP pets
    - Loose ability to buff ourselves with a lasting 24% crit chance buff
    - Concealment changes that currently make AS useless on test from what I understand, might be corrected before 14.2 goes live

As for what we get:

- Short duration crit buffs, great for PvP, however it will only take off 2 pixels of health of a Real Mean Torpedo
    - Casting agent nanos withing FP/AP/MP. Very minor change until you can cast mimic professions since the 2 others leave you with a cast time which makes in fight casting impossible.
    - The first decent rifles in the history of AO, however these might be as rare as grid armor, at least the good one.

As for concealment in PvP change,that one isnt agent specific but we have highest conceal so might work best for us. However it will be close to useless at higher levels, knowing how well defensive checks works in this game, an agent with 1500 conceal (yeah thats about what a lvl 200 agent with ruse 3 has) will be spotted EVERY time someone with 600 perception or more search. Its just like picking a chest which gives 1500xp, I open chests giving 1300xp in 1-2tries with 450 B&E.

Solo agents will go from very good to lousy. In PvP agents look like they might go from below avg or so to very good. How many (in percentage) players actually PvP in this game?

Agent has 500 concealment.

Enemy has 500 perception.

There is a 75% chance of the enemy spotting you....

Knowing funcom.. If you have 1000 concealment, they probably have a 50% chance of spotting you.

On paper that looks bad. The PVP Calculation is..

You have 75% chance to *STAY HIDDEN* unless the player actively searches.

Now, that "Active search" by a player only gets out to 40m if the player has 1000 perception. Most classes wont be able to achieve that. So I'ts theoretically possible to just sneak into 40m range, and fire quickly as you cannot spam search...

PvM though, screwed if I know

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    On paper that looks bad. The PVP Calculation is..
    You have 75% chance to *STAY HIDDEN* unless the player actively searches.
    Dunno about active and passive search, however the patch notes was changed from 75% chance to stay hidden to 75% chance of getting detected a while after they first were announced. Exactly how they explained lockpicking works, now as I open ql 200 chests with 1300 defensive skill in 1-2 tries with about 450 B&E, what do you think the chance an agent with 1500 conceal has against 500 perception? Now 500 perception is NP for high lvl players, hell even 700-800 is np, faded and shiny perception dont even conflict with other important skills.

Also like to point out that advents get a +600 perception buff which will be castable on others while they are under a morph, which will effectively kill the entire effect of concealment.

Concealment has been borked since I can remember.

Truthfully... I may dump this skill, aimed shot and rifle and use the IP elswhere if everyone will be able to detect me with low perception. Maybe ill take that IP and dump it into equiping a Flashpoint/Nova combo and say goodbye to the rifle line forever. Who needs an aimed shot that is so hard to pull off, slows down your team, and most of the time, does less damage than a normal crit shot, when you can Full Auto for rude damage, and you don't have to be concealed to use it.

I supose it just depends on if they really fix it this time or not.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Originally posted by MSag

Dunno about active and passive search, however the patch notes was changed from 75% chance to stay hidden to 75% chance of getting detected a while after they first were announced. Exactly how they explained lockpicking works, now as I open ql 200 chests with 1300 defensive skill in 1-2 tries with about 450 B&E, what do you think the chance an agent with 1500 conceal has against 500 perception? Now 500 perception is NP for high lvl players, hell even 700-800 is np, faded and shiny perception dont even conflict with other important skills.

Also like to point out that advents get a +600 perception buff which will be castable on others while they are under a morph, which will effectively kill the entire effect of concealment.
    /slaps funcom

What part of "You only have to be even in someone's perception radius for 0.1 of a second to fire AimedShot" dont you understand
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

What part of "You only have to be even in someone's perception radius for 0.1 of a second to fire AimedShot" dont you understand
    I don't understand this statement at all.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Then why raise concealment? It doesnt effect your searchradius.

Lightbulb screwed up

Concealment :

I can sneak q200 missions easily, well not that easily but when u have to go past Real Mean npcs you could expect some risks in doing it ...

... On the other hand I cant AT ALL sneak low level missions, grey and green mobs spot me ALL THE TIME, makes me think there is some kind of ROLLOVER in the formula used in the check conceal vs perception or whatever, so that when ur concealment is too high compared to a mob level/perception/whatever its worse than low concealment.

Aimed Shot :

Completely random and unreliable.

Damage goes from normal weapon damage (NON SENSE since it takes time to fire it off so whats the point if i could have landed 2-3 regular shots the meantime?) to 10k damage (why or why not, not the point here)

Actually firing an aimed shot ? completely RANDOM, higher concealment seems to help although as from my 1st point about concealment u see how its not true all the time.

Supposed to be 1st shoot of a fight ? Then why when im not detected and not engaged in fight am I still unable to fire ?

Go to another room ? doesnt work all the time, just random and as random as just standing by the mob.

Actually the ONLY situation when I KNOW I will fire an aimed shot is when my group is fighting 2 mobs, once the 1st mob is dead I ALWAYS fire an aimed shot on the 2nd mob, makes sense ? That 2nd mob just saw me shooting his mate to death !

Please Funcom, get agents helping you testing it and fixing both Concealment and Aimed Shot, its our defining skills and makes us unviable as it is then leaded us to FP/AP/MP to use Demons and Belamorte, if I understand it made us overpowered Metaphysicists then removing the pets to balance MP/Agents, you, FC, now need to make agent prof viable by itself !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast