Thread: High level Gameplay..... Enforcer/sodlier Love

High level Gameplay..... Enforcer/sodlier Love

Ok, where to start....

High Level Game play....

I along with many others have reached at least LVL 100. I hit this level right around the time that the cyborg barracks was opened. Nice design I like that the nodorp armor adds NCU (lets see some more of that in higher QL's I am beggin ya), but I was sad to see that myself a level 100 enforcer Atrox, equipped only through self buffs and self buffed into implants, and a lvl 50 doctor from my guild who just wanted to check it out. Were able, with some planning, to go through the place with minor difficulty. The dungeon is designed for teams lvl70 - 90. My team should not have been succsesful. Other than doing this countless times to help out some of the lesser experienced gamers in the guild a few times, there is nothing really for a player of my level or above to do. Example...

I logged in the past two days formed my usual team (100 enf, 98 doc, 103 soldier, 2X105 NT's) Our problems began simply enough with cast timing, when the doc was casting team heals the NT's would almost immediately fumble, or vise versa. So a little planning in offsetting of heals and NT Nanos, we were under way again. We were hunting MOB's that dropped QL130 Monster parts, as it would seem that would make these mobs approx. lvl 130. The fights as susal were long and alot damge was done both by party and mob. This is good push over MOBs get really boring really fast. So we move on to the nex mob in the area it is on eof same type and approx same level. I being the tank of the group initiates combat, and the mob that is of same type and level starts wailing away on me doing over 1500 points of damage per hit at least 4 times before I drop. After returning to the place of my teams and mine demise, we give it another try. Staying with the same type and approx level of mob we are shortly dispatched after all of my attacks including specials are evaded and the doctor was aggro'd when casting a heal. I decided just for grins, and to try and cheer the recently departed members of the group, my atrox char adorned only in some underwear that someone had found (AC 0 across the board) i decided to attack once again the same type and approx level of mob. This brought alot of laughter as they watched form a safe distance. Once again all my attacls were evaded (i was unbuffed at the time so that doesnt suprise me) and I was hit for the exact same amount of damage when I am fully armored and with AC buffs (which works out to be about 2900AC in the three main) The mobs were doing melee damage only. Shouldn't my AC effect the amunt of damage i actually take?

After this and all the laughter stopped it was time for us to find something to do. We were all burnt out on missions as we did that the night before for some new nanos and whatnot. We flew to all the available zone to find something worthwhile to do. We found a few areas where the mob popualtion and level range was good, but the Experiences points were less tha stellar (ex... The mobs we started hunting at level 100-ish would award approx. 7k - 15k a kill. What we were finding that didn't bring on an entire army of mobs when one is attacked, was that we were only getting about 4k and sometimes 5k- 6k. At this level range where you need 1 million plus experience and your fighting harder mobs, I would think that the exp would stair step up like it did when we were all noobi's (at lvl 10 a red mob gives 700exp at level 20 a red mob goves approx 8k-9k when hunting somehting in a zone designed for your level). Other than that there is nothing to do especially for an Atrox enofercer that uses the same buff at level 100 that an agent can FP cast at level 60. I do enjoy the occasional PVP , but that is not what drew me to the game. Half the time you just get hate messages about how I am using an exploit that i was unaware of before it was taken out (hammer quick attacks). Now i am not griefing about this, but when i decided to make a new char to play so that i could venture about and share my experience withthe lower level people in my guild, That there is truely nothing to work for, or look forward to. There is no area that i cannot access at lvl 20 (given the proper transportation for those particularly nasty zones) that I can at level 100 or 200 for that matter. At level 20 I am recieving missions in areas that I recieve missions at for lvl 100.
    Like I said, I am not a griefer nor am I an exploiter or over equipper, but let there be something for us higher level players to do, if it is going to be a static dungeon great but you better make it huge, what about epic missions(kind of like in EQ) or multiple part missions that all parts need to be done in order to recieve a profession specific NODROP item of real use (BTW thanks for the pioneer back pack that i can't use I wear tank armor). Give us something to strive for, something to drool over when you think about how long it will take to get it. The QL200 Hammer of doom was such an item I had only seen one and I thought it was quite rare, until i started talking to alot of high level enforcer hammer users and found it is quite common place. Once I got it I think to myself, now what do I go after? What do I work for? There just isn't anything.

Soldier and Enforcer love (heck even agents need some love)....
    I saw a post by, and forgive me if i spell it wrong, Antisotropic(?). That had some very valid points. I see MP's become a vary formidable profession, Engineers becomeng a very very useful addition to any team for something other than a pet to tank with, NT's getting faster cast times, Won't touch doctors I personally think they get aggro'd way too much but I saw that was covered already in the Official answers section, Crats got some good things coming, Adventurers get to shapeshift, Agents Get FP and can do almost anything the other professions can do just a bit slower (they do need their range back on their rifles though), Traders which started out as a rare class but their true strengths are now being realized, Fixers, Doctors, NT's and engineers with there warping abiltiy be it grid, town, or location warps. Fixers summonable weapons armor and ammo. MP's summonable weapons, multi pets, and Quantum wings. Martial artists get their own line of attacks.

But, when you look at soldiers and enforcers, other than some very minor tweaking they are still the same old class they were when I downloaded the beta version and started playing. Other than soldiers using ranged weapons, and enforcers using melee, and different nano formulas they are the same thing. Where is the love for these professions? Since the calculation of damage does not seem to change from AC0 to AC3k we are nothing but bags of health points that can't heal worth a darn. I have scoured all the rumors websites and the official websites and see nothing coming for any of us.

As an enforcer using what I feel is the most effective weapon for my professions (sledgehammer) I have the slowest attack and even with a QL 200 Premium Hammer of Doom, I do less damage per MOB then a level 100 NT using a nano that casts 2-3X faster than my attacks, and doing around 3/4's of the amount of damage per succsessful completion of casting each time the nano hits the mark. (ie., One attack that takes 2 seconds to hit and 7 seconds to recharge will hit for approx 2500 damage (on a good day) while an NT will cast 2 nanos at a target doing 1700 points of damage to one target and have time to recast before i can even get another swing in) Then you have AOE nanos, I like them I truely do, I like how experienced PVP'ers use it on unsuspecting groups. And the damage they have the possiblility of doing per mob in the area can be quite staggering. But let face facts, An enforcer and a soldier can only do damge to one target at a time and then has to wait until the previous attacks ends (even if the mob dies) to switch tagets and attack again. Casters do not have this problem i cannot speak for ranged attakers using guns because i dont play one. Since an enforcer is considered to be the, and i will loosely quite this, "The one you would want to send into a crowd to clean it up" cannot attack a crowd. it can attack on person in a crowd, same with soldiers. Soldiers get these wonderful attacks burst and full auto, now with a little roleplay here....
    You are being approached by 3 attackers of approx. your level. Your full auto is ready to go as is your burst attack. Would you fire on one target or would you spred it around to cause damage to all three targets? Personally I would rather damage three targets more than just cause alot of damage to one. I think it would greatly increase my odds of survival. Enforcers tend to use large heavy weapons... same scenario, do i just aim at mob number one and hit him as hard as possible? or do I swing that monster of a weapon as hard as I can at all three targets and hope at least one or two of them decide not to move out of the way? I would think I would prefer to go witht he later to increase my chance at surviving . These two scenarios that in AO means you have to target the biggest meanest one out of the group and hope the doctor can keep up with the damage of 3 mobs beating on you, while your only attacking one, makes us enforcers and soldiers flesh shields so that noone else inthe group gets hurt.

I am not asking to be the most powerful profeesion in the game, Not in the least. I am just asking that the soldiers and enforcers were a little truer to form than they are. I think that soldiers and enforcer are plenty powerful enough, I just think that there should be some sort of specialty that these two professions should have about them. You know help us stick out a bit more like the doctors, adventurers, and so on.

I hope that this reaches the desk of a Developer, and I also hope that other people who play enforcers and soldiers read this and post to it. I am sure i am not the only one who thinks this is important, or at least noteworthy. And I hope that it raises an eyebrow or two. I think that there are still alot of things that need to be worked out with ALL the professions, but what about us, your two forgotten children (hehheh) . I would really like some feedback on this positive negative indesicive , or the occasional I didnt read your post but i decided to reply because i saw how long winded it is post.

I am off of my soapbox, everyone pull out your violins and start playing my heart pumps purple peanut butter for me :P .

-Oslo
    LVL 100 Enforcer
    Omni-ECPCS Guild Director

*Plays 'My Heart Pumps Purple Peanut Puke'* (sorry, don't know that other song)

I've always felt full auto should be AoE anyways. Since it'd be a pain in the butt to program it so that it hits all targets in a roughly strait line behind the target as well, and they already have the coding for AoE, go with AoE.

Also, I'd like to see more weapon choices for not just enforcer/soldier.

How about some sort of shocklance? Longer range than a hammer, does comporable damage (to a hammer), better crits, but slower.

How about some sort of device that sucks the heat out of someone. It would do cold damage, and convert the energy to something useful (like a small energy-dot after attack or a small nano-recharge).

How about grenade/rocker launchers being usefull? They should be AoE, as well as doing really good damage, with ungodly crit. They have a built-in speed reducer, since they only hold one rocket. Inits don't help with reloading.

How about Flame Throwers getting AoE with a small fire-dot after each shot. They should do more consistant damage than sunbursts or supernovas or whatever soldiers use, and full-auto on a flamer should increase the initial damage they take, as well as at least tripling the fire-dot afterwards (after all, they have more fuel on them).

---------
    The great thing is that they already have the backbone of these weapons in-place within the source code. They already have a function to calculate what gets hit by an AoE, and they already have a routine to make a dot-effect after an attack, based upon the attacks damage (proof: The bug from BwT - the damage was being improperly added to the DoT)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Re: High level Gameplay..... Enforcer/sodlier Love

Originally posted by Os
    at lvl 10 a red mob gives 700exp at level 20 a red mob goves approx 8k-9k when hunting somehting in a zone designed for your level).
    oh boy what game are you playing because you must seriously be getting AO confused with a different one. You missed by like a factor of 10. Having recently played lvl 20 out you get 900 XP for a red if you are lucky. At lvl 29 right now i get 1100 for the most red guys i can solo. I know a bunch of guys at lvl 50-55 who go hunting in a group of 6 and take out some badies for 4-5k per pop but like thats not even close to 8-9k for a lvl 20 maybe you've been to high a level for so long that you forgot about being that low. either that or some powerful stuff you must be smoking.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

8-9k at level 20 was typo

What i mean there was 50 ...

My bad.

They definately need to add some sort of gameplay for the higher levels. Everytime there is a good hunting spot (aka Eastern fouls) It gets so camped that the lag is horrific. What they need to do is open up these zones, add some nifty mobs, some more dungeons. I do like the idea of having profession specific quests. Say you get one every 50 levels or so to keep everyone interested, that or at levels 100 and 200 so its hard. Make it so you would need atleast a full team or two. But I guess that would get away from the solo play (pffft like I can solo at 108).

I would also like to see some Enforcer love, after all, these are the guys and gals and Uni's that keep us casting classes alive.

Regards,

One neat idea for Enforcers : we are huge, we can be bouncers - bodyguards.

Give us an INTERCEPT skill that will be used to aggro a mob on us instead of our Doc.

Give us a CHARGE skill that will be used to run and make a first critical strike on a target.

And most of all give us STUN !!!!

My 2 creds ... as always.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Body Slamm! Butt Sit! lol joking.

Yeah im just a Bag of health, taking hits for everyone...but, Should I not be the one dealing the dmg, as wel as Soldier (Im am 79 enf)
    Now im hitting for 150-500 a hit, It so irregular, sometimes I can take out a deep orange with a SUPREME Victory, then sometimes, my dmg does not do what I expect, hit low and die.

Id like some sort of, Mental Frenzy, Im not talking About challeneger, which I cant use with tank armor on, doh... or Beserk Rage.

And Dimach is wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaay to slow recharge.
    A first strike is a good idea, like a.....hmmm.

Focused Anihalation, one big ass, (can I say ass?) Attack for only once per Enema.

either that or Make Dimach faster.

See the Soldier Profession Forum... You'll see exactly what soldiers are suffering at the moment.

FC took away the one thing that made soldiers worth playing (TRS), instead of moving the offending mobs that soldiers were levelling off (LF Resort & LF Outpost).

Take the nanodelta off tank armour FC. Then you'll find that not only do soldiers and enforces get a level break, but they actually become useful for once.

Lastly, hiya Oslo... nice to see your still going strong after being in that Backyard with me and Chaosengine all those days ago....
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Good post Os

I'm only a lvl 64 enforcer but I'm starting to feel a little shabby. I tried the armour test the other day, got halfway through a fight realised I'd left my tank armour off (from buffing)... quickly put it on mid fight... absolutely no change in the amount of damage received

Several things are missing...

1. I (and everyone else) should be able to change target mid fight. Ridiculous that I cant stop hitting one target while another has gone off to attack my doc.

2. OK I'm a meat shield, how come my only decent HP increase has a taunt attached to it? Plus Mongo is just far too dangerous to use at my lvl (I'm casting the basic one) and fairly pointless. Wow, 330 HP, a decent doc of my lvl can do far, far more. There aren't enough steps in the Mongo line - been casting the basic one for 30 lvs and its gonna be another 10-15 before I get the next one.

3. I'm a tank but I do less damage than many other chars (many MAs my lvl will pull the mob from me). OK, so my comeback is to use either a taunt nano or an aggression enhancer to get it back to me. Great... skills for all agro enhancing are dark blue. How am I supposed to stay the bag of HP then?

4. Hammers suck! OK they dont but the damage range is laughable. With my current hammer I can do 1000+ damage one hit and 9 the next. Stupid, unrealistic and annoying.

Talking

Im happy that someone has noticed the armour thing - I went hunting in a mission for a laugh in a pair of boxer shorts, got the same damage - i heard it mentioned before so i tried it - tried first just switching tank on and off, no difference. Yet out in the open - i certainly noticed a big difference

Talking heyho

Yeah I agree with you OS. There is not much to do at high lvls at all tatt are any exiting. Well...in Mort there are many mobs (cyborgs) to kill with good Xp and many groups, but it's harder for omnis to get there I think. Most what going on there is like 5 groups (30 people) stands at Cyborg factory and kills cyborgs all the time. And can you even imagine the massive lagg when all those 30 peeps shoots or cast nanos at the same time on a mob.......must....turn....left....

I have done solo teams there sometimes, but then a very good doc is required to survive, we was fully grouped with me lvl 94 soldier, lvl 107 doc a 101 soldier..few NT's and we manage pretty good. Some of the mobs we got 70k xp!!! per kill and thats pretty good (Cyborg brigadel general) But the doc was very good though. And the soldiers MK shield helped me out many times.

But now when I think about it....I first came to mort at lvl 74......now I'm 94...still here.....and there is peeps here up to lvl 140!! MAN thats boring!!! same place in like 60lvls! And I use a Nova flow with ql 155 that shoot very fast and crits for 1,5k damage, but this is the same weapon I'm gonne use threw all the lvls just a bit higher qls.

And I figured it's not only the weapon you use that count the damage. It's very important how much you have in the skills the weapon is based on. you can see where it reads "attack" in the stats task where you find the buffs, hp's nano, xp etc. And if you just cast the expertices it will actually race the attack skill. So when I'm fighting I got 514 attack skill with ranged energy mastry and expertice and assault rifle mastery and expertice on. Witch is 430 or something without, and I'm critting alot more and hit harder with those buffs on. (just a hint... )

THe missions is as boring as it allways have been, so I can't stand doing much missions anymore. I do much PvPin before patch and got my rookie title, that was really fun.......then FC come and ruined all!!!.....lets do so special attacks is reducesd damage of 50% and it's inpossible to take more than 40% of targets life on one shoot! NOW A DOC BEATS A SOLDIER EASY IN PVP!!! That sux00rs! SO I gave up PvP and started lvling.

But I got no goals to go for in game anymore!! Xept waiting for DAoC to come in the mail

This was some words from a dissapointed soldier, that have noting to use his firepower on, becouse the war seems so meaningless that he concider to escape from the war very soon

Actually the only thing that keeps me alive in the game still is my guild...many nice folks to talk with.

GL to you all (even you omnis, you know you are peoples too, hust went trough wrong door in the start of game hehe) j/k

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Clans"
    lvl 94 soldier
    Rebel Clan
    member of "Eternal Warriors"

first of, I agree with the theme here, and that soldiers and enforcers (and every other class) need some love. I just have one minor disagreement, I agree with the fact armour doesnt do any good if you put it on mid fight. While it may be a bug, it makes sense if you think about it for a second. Putting on armour in the age of knights was a long process, as is putting on a space suit today, or for a soldier to get into full kit. Its also not something that you can do while someone is trying to smash your head in with a tree, or shoot you with an assault rifle. No one in their right minds would stop fighting to spend the time to carefully climb into some armour, turn it on, run some diagnostics to make sure it was still work, then start to fight, as you would have just had your head blown off. Rant over
    Also Please dont think I'm trying to nerf you, as you can jsut put the armour on before the fight,
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance