Thread: Storyline, events and AO

Storyline, events and AO

I posted a poll at: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25630 to find out what other players think about storyline and events in AO. If you have time, feel free to vote there. More votes, more clear will be for FC what is our opinion about it

just an update, 170 votes till now, if you still did not vote, take a second to vote there.

Well, atm the poll got some good support, 476 votes till now with 1600 views in less then 2 days making it one of the most successful poll. And it starts also having a statistical weight due to the number of votes.
    If you still did not vote, take a minute to vote there. Independently from the result, it is sure that the topic is a very important one for many people.
    Thanks to all who has voted and to all wh will vote. Lets hear your opinion!

Cz said (on the Community Sites forum) he will include the poll (and results) in his report and try to get ahold of some of the major people at Funcom (Gaute or Ragnar) to respond to the issues with the storyline:

Cz: The poll has - at the request of the guy who started it - been made sticky, and will be included in my report tomorrow morning. I will also bring it up with the people in charge of story and events, and see whether we can have some word for the public very soon.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

I hope it will bring to something. More will be the votes, more it will be a clear signal that something is not working.

well, simply, the story isnt being delivered. at all.

I think people are still confusing 'events' with 'story'. You can have events without story but not necessarily the other way around.

Going to a movie, I see a Story. The hero killing the badguy is an Event. But, so is 'Blonde Guy #2' throwing up after eating a dirty water dog.

One's part of the Story, one isn't. Both can be enjoyable.

However, you won't go to see a movie that is full of Events and no Story.

However, you won't go to see a movie that is full of Events and no Story.
    seen Blade II

Good movie, but the style was the content . . .