Thread: Diplomatic Assembly - Intial Turnout

Post Diplomatic Assembly - Intial Turnout

If you need me to remove/change the information let me know either via /tell in-game or by reply. Thankyou.

Below are the organizations that were at the 8th BureauCon and have declared intent to help in the formation of the Diplomatic Assembly (DA). Listed in the order they were recorded.

(Omni) Rubi-Ka's Elite
    (Omni) Great Paladine Core
    (Clan) Free Spirits of Rubi-Ka
    (Clan) Ares Wave
    (Clan) Remnants
    (Omni)Cornealis and Associates, Inc

These organizations are unconfirmed but have expressed interest. Still waiting comfirmation.

(Omni) Omni-Inquisition
    (Clan) Protectors of Dawn
    (Clan) The Mockers (EG) [FA]
    Did not attend but expressed interest.
    (Omni)
    Bateman and Fletcher LLC
    (Omni) OPEC
    (Clan)
    The Blue Nowhere
    Rising Phoenix
    Freedom's Hope
    (Neutral)
    The Independent Rubikans
    The Free Assembly

These are individuals that have expressed interest in joining the DA personally.

Fatalhalcyon (Clan)
    Nephilous (Omni)

--------------------------
    List Created 5-18-02
    Last Updated 5-23-02

*Edit*
    Comfirmed Cornealis and Associates, Inc
    Moved OPEC to uncomfirmed.
    Removed names to improve readability
    Last edited by Kithrak; May 23rd, 2002 at 09:24:43.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Still waiting on the comfirmations from the guilds listed as interested but uncomfirmed.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Kithrak,

For what its worth we, as in the South Rubi-Ka Society, are still looking into this initiative. Even in a small organisation such as ours, discussing a complicated issue like this can take a staggering amount to time. As such I thought I'd drop you a line now just to let you know where we stand.

Our organisation is based on the principle of civic duty and good fellowship. We do not as a rule take part in politics believing that our member's private polical views should remain exactly that, private.

On the other hand, the simple act of getting the various sides of the conflict around the table to talk cannot, in itself be a bad thing. And as one of our advisors, Nephilous has already shown this interest in this initiative, it may be that this is one instance where we make an exception.

Even if we do agree to support this initiavie, there is probably not much the Society can do from a practical point of view. We don't represent anyone other than ourselves, a handful of Rome and Omni-1 private citizens. We have no politcal muscle to speak of. At most we may be able to help setting up a cultural exchange program, or something on those lines.

I'd also like to reassure you that, should the we decide to stick strictly to our non-poltical roots, we are in no way going to discourage Society members, such as Nephilous, from getting involved as private individuals.

Sorry I cannot be more positive at this stage.

Regards,
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!