Thread: 20k? How?

20k? How?

I am a clanner, and is there any way to get to 20k without a yalm? I go to harry and go use the boat and once I'm off I get cap in the head by the omni guard. I am lv 59 and NW Mines just don't cut it anymore so I need new hunting spot. Only ones I know is ones in 20k, and only way to go there is to defect. Should I just defect to Omni and come back when I'm done lvling? Tell me some clan hunting spot for lv 59!
    Money is everything.

Hunt in Clan territory. 20k has a Whompa to it from Trade, but that doesn't help a Clanner too much. Maybe you should just mission up to 200, and then come Omni, remember, Omni-Tek is your friend!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

2 new wompa destinations have been planned for next patch. These 2 destinations are Bliss and wailing wastes.
    You will notice that these 2 locations are very clan-specific.

Why did they put them in? I'll let you figure it out, but i will mention that each of my clan characters has switched to omni from levels 35 until lvl 120. Suffice it to say that armor and money is not Omni's only advantage. I am able to level 3 times is fast in omni-territory, and that's no joke.

Ironically, even neutrals find it difficult to get to 20k 'the supreme leveling spot'. Partially this may be because omni and clan guards occasionally take a shot at neutrals on general principle.

Note that to us the relative leveling speeds may seem like conjecture. To a server op it is somewhat different. He can look at the database and see that Omni levels nX as fast between the levels of x and x. With the understanding that omni and clan will average to the same playing skill it will become apparent which side finds leveling easier - but this only becomes evident after the end of the amnesty.

Aside from all this travelling through omni trade is possible at any level for clan, but it can take a long time to figure out how. I have a route i was taking at lvl 20 with an alt - and she made it across 75% of the time with no deaths. After a while i'd get tired of doing this and just switch the alt to omni until lvl 120.

options are
    1) being fast
    then grid to trade and hope you get to the whompa in time (might even find out the way to evade/block the guards in time.
    2) Engineer
    Get on the friendly side of an neutral engineer who can use beacon warp then let him warp you into 20k.

or
    3) meet an Omni engie at Newland and Pay him to warp you there
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Step 4

Look suprised when said Engie Warped you into the Arena and has some friend waiting
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

hmm
    sounds like a decent scam in the making
    charge one guy to warp him someplace
    charge another to warp someone to him in the arena
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Ok, I swim east from harry to 20k and made it to the 20k city where i saved. Now problem is everyone there is like lv 100, where the heck can I (a lv 59 MA) lv???
    Money is everything.

hang out at the gate or near the mission terms looking for groups
    there are like 3 or 4 places close by that teams can level outside
    not many people hunt outside anymore :/
    my MP will be there in about 26 lvls or so
    probably 3 more days till im there
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Arrow 14.2

As of 14.2, the 20K Whumpas is in Ent, along with the 2HO and 4 Holes ones.

Suspect this will make getting a clanner there by whumpas just a bit harder...

Actually, it may be easier. The grid in Ent is safer than that of Trade, and there are very few guards in Ent except very close to the whompas. So if you dash for it, and have enough HP to survive a shot or two (and you should, yes?), you can probably make it.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

Arrow

But the ent grid exit is a fair way from the whumpas in question, but yes, I see what you mean.