Thread: Cosmik, CZ, here is a thread that needs a reply

Cosmik, CZ, here is a thread that needs a reply

Please comment on this:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25808

Could you please have someone on the events team explain to us why they thought this was a good idea? There have been dozens of great ideas for events on these boards, events that would allow people to do something other than just hunt or mission, events that would relate to the storyline (remember that thing called the storyline that was supposed to make your game different from all the rest?).

So could you please have someone explain the thought process that went into this decision: "Hey, wouldn't the players love it if a group of us GMs elevated ourselves to level 250, equipped ourselves with GM only equipment and started ganking players in a 75% town? I think that is just the kind of event they have been asking for!"

Scorus

Good grief....

It's hard for me to believe that even FC could do something that stupid...

Cz, Cosmik, do as Scorus asks and explain this one...

/me walks away shaking his head.
    Llyrr - Level 120 Omni Agent

"They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest f*ing problem." - George Carlin

Like I said in that thread:

"Don't be such a baby. Heck the game is not called "Peace Online" it's "Anarchy Online"

There is a war going on, grow up. Roleplay or something."

being ganked by a GM controlled mob is not role playing
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by Mor
    Like I said in that thread:

"Don't be such a baby. Heck the game is not called "Peace Online" it's "Anarchy Online"

There is a war going on, grow up. Roleplay or something."
    You idiot, how the hell is getting capped by some übered GM roleplaying? It's not like they could have talked (read: RP'd) their way out of the situation, from what they've said the characters were just randomly shooting people.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Angry Yes, please respond

So this is content...they stop the little cartoon they called a story line and replaced it with ganking arks and gms? It gets better every day.

Sid

Originally posted by LafinJack
    how the hell is getting capped by some übered GM roleplaying? It's not like they could have talked (read: RP'd) their way out of the situation, from what they've said the characters were just randomly shooting people.
    Because the GM was roleplaying. Duh? Roleplaying is not all talk and flower picking sometimes...

Sometimes roleplaying is picking up a gun and killing the enemy (otherside).

So like I said, don't be such a baby. Crying to mommy when you die is lame. Gah... can't believe people like that exist.

Thumbs down

Hey Mor, you behave as much as a n00b as in that other thread.

The whole idea of MOBs not following the rules for players is bad as it is, but when you have GM controled uber MOBs that behaves as griefer (which by the way I think from your statement is how you get of yourself) it get a bit to much.

Funcom have entirely missed how to make AO a good game to roleplay and interect with none playing factions/NPC:s. Adding uber GM controled MOBs, that attack in places we ourself can´t attack in, just make more player get realy tired of this game.

I already have seen most of my RL friends leving this game, and when another good game comes up I doubt that any of them will be left in it (or me either by the way).

Well, I have to comment on this. I have to agree with mor in saying that you all are being pretty childish over this whole thing. I'm sorry that some of you lost xp. I'm sorry that some of you lost titles that don't mean anything anyway.

Now I'm not saying that this event was well thought out, the fact is it wasn't. But many, many of you are making a bigger deal out of it than it really was. My RL brother was the very first victim, the masked commando first appeared right in front of him and killed him. Immediately he sent me a tell and I headed for Tir. Was he mad? No, he was excited to actually be involved in something other than the leveling treadmill. From that point on, I followed the commando, and I began taking screenshots when we were fighting him outside the west gate of Tir.

I was one of the first to arrive in west athens, and was killed at least 4 times throughout the rest of the "event". I have over 20 screenshots of the fight in west athens, and I can honestly say that I never saw them repeatedly killing newbies at the reclaim. In fact, for the vast majority of the "event" they were nowhere near a reclaim, standing in the middle of west athens and on the roofs there.

As far as people getting killed, the way I see it is they should have steered clear of the place. For the entire duration of the event, the commandos where being talked about on nearly every channel. Clan OOC, Clan leaders, and even on the shopping and team channels at one point. There is no reason that you shouldn't have know about it and been able to avoid them if you wished. I think that most of you rushed to see what was going on and now you are complaining because you lost xp, title, etc.

Now lets talk about roleplaying. Why is it that all of you want to rp with the gms at these events? Why do you think that just because a gm shows up that it is time to rp? The way I look at it, we were all just given real events in-game to rp about. Rp about a masked commando, how you got killed by him, how you plan to look for him, what you think his motives were, and so forth. When I look at the majority of AO's playerbase, I see a bunch of people who want to have the game spoon-fed to them.

Don't get me wrong, this game has tons of problems and like you, I will most likely be leaving when swg comes out. The biggest problem I had with the "event" the other night was that not once did were we able to kill one. Every time that a commando reached 25% health he would run away and disappear, only to be replaced by a fresh new one. That was seriously annoying.

Honestly, if you want to complain about something, complain about all the silent nerfs that appear each patch.

Complain about how they lied to us and used our bandwidth to run the german server.

Complain about the changing of game mechanics nearly a year after release.

Complain about the horrible camping that one must go through to get unique items.

Complain about how they took away the envisioned list so that they could "focus" on the expansion.

Complain about how they won't give us any answers to any of our questions on these forums.

Well, enough complaining.

So I'm sorry for all of you that had bad experiences with the "event" the other night. Personally, I was glad to spend an hour or two out of one of their stupid missions even if the "event" wasn't all that great or well thought out.

FC, your time is running out. The fate of AO hangs in the balance, what's it going to be?

Sincerely,

Brenvayle
    lvl 70 clan crat
    President of Thugs Unlimited

Mor,

As was stated above, you're an idiot!

NS,

Nice comments and some very good questions. I agree with virtually everything you said but... there are those that lost titles that DO mean something to the person that earned it.

I know I would be highly pissed to lose a title to some hopped up uber GM/ARK that has 100000 HP and 10000 armor with 5000 evades with no possible way in hell of me having a chance.

When you work hard for something and its removed through an act such as this, I'm sorry but it isnt right and I feel for those that were effected.

Just because you and your brother had a blast and lost nothing you cared about doesnt mean that everyone else should feel the way you do about it and move on.

My two credits
    Llyrr - Level 120 Omni Agent

"They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest f*ing problem." - George Carlin

Originally posted by NightStalker
    Well, I have to comment on this. I have to agree with mor in saying that you all are being pretty childish over this whole thing. I'm sorry that some of you lost xp. I'm sorry that some of you lost titles that don't mean anything anyway.

Now I'm not saying that this event was well thought out, the fact is it wasn't. But many, many of you are making a bigger deal out of it than it really was. My RL brother was the very first victim, the masked commando first appeared right in front of him and killed him. Immediately he sent me a tell and I headed for Tir. Was he mad? No, he was excited to actually be involved in something other than the leveling treadmill. From that point on, I followed the commando, and I began taking screenshots when we were fighting him outside the west gate of Tir.

I was one of the first to arrive in west athens, and was killed at least 4 times throughout the rest of the "event". I have over 20 screenshots of the fight in west athens, and I can honestly say that I never saw them repeatedly killing newbies at the reclaim. In fact, for the vast majority of the "event" they were nowhere near a reclaim, standing in the middle of west athens and on the roofs there.

As far as people getting killed, the way I see it is they should have steered clear of the place. For the entire duration of the event, the commandos where being talked about on nearly every channel. Clan OOC, Clan leaders, and even on the shopping and team channels at one point. There is no reason that you shouldn't have know about it and been able to avoid them if you wished. I think that most of you rushed to see what was going on and now you are complaining because you lost xp, title, etc.

Now lets talk about roleplaying. Why is it that all of you want to rp with the gms at these events? Why do you think that just because a gm shows up that it is time to rp? The way I look at it, we were all just given real events in-game to rp about. Rp about a masked commando, how you got killed by him, how you plan to look for him, what you think his motives were, and so forth. When I look at the majority of AO's playerbase, I see a bunch of people who want to have the game spoon-fed to them.

Don't get me wrong, this game has tons of problems and like you, I will most likely be leaving when swg comes out. The biggest problem I had with the "event" the other night was that not once did were we able to kill one. Every time that a commando reached 25% health he would run away and disappear, only to be replaced by a fresh new one. That was seriously annoying.

Honestly, if you want to complain about something, complain about all the silent nerfs that appear each patch.

Complain about how they lied to us and used our bandwidth to run the german server.

Complain about the changing of game mechanics nearly a year after release.

Complain about the horrible camping that one must go through to get unique items.

Complain about how they took away the envisioned list so that they could "focus" on the expansion.

Complain about how they won't give us any answers to any of our questions on these forums.

Well, enough complaining.

So I'm sorry for all of you that had bad experiences with the "event" the other night. Personally, I was glad to spend an hour or two out of one of their stupid missions even if the "event" wasn't all that great or well thought out.

FC, your time is running out. The fate of AO hangs in the balance, what's it going to be?

Sincerely,

Brenvayle
    lvl 70 clan crat
    You have a very nice way of putting it. I used to be like that, but I have been posting here on and off since beta (same name). I believe that the longer a person comes here, the less of a "nice" like attitude they end up getting.

My greatest fear though, is turning into a baby like the 70% of the people that play AO now. Sure AO is not perfect (far from it) but it's also not as bad as people try to make it out to be. It's also a HELL OF ALOT BETTER than it used to be. I used to crash every 15 secs at times during the first few weeks of release. So when some gimp a$$ dying to a GM thats RPing a bad guy, starts crying over it, I think it's damn stupid. I mean who the fuk cares.

Real quickly, I was also in beta and have been playing since December, as well as reading these forums since launch. As bad as this game may get, there is no reason that someone should come on these forums and effectively make a fool of themselves. There is no excuse for spouting off a bunch of garbage and acting in all regards like a child.

As for the "event", I completely agree that people should not have lost titles to the commandos. It wasn't pvp, and they had no chance at all of winning. But, that still doesn't change the fact that in AO, titles don't mean anything. Zero, Zilch, Nada. In order to get and keep a title in AO, you are forced to play the game like a coward. Ganking people in the arena and mmd, hugging zone lines, running at the first sign of trouble, and the worst in my opinion, reaching lvl 150 and ganking lvl 75s. This is not the way I choose to play AO, and never will be. In the odd chance that this isn't the case, and you got your title without using any of these lame methods, then I can understand your being upset. Sadly though, I bet that there aren't many of you out there.

Honestly, I wish someone would prove me wrong. From my experiences in AO over past 5 months, this game is full to the brim with rude, inconsiderate, selfish people, of which I want nothing to do with. I know there are good people out there, and I have met some that inspire me to keep playing and to help others as much as possible. But those have been few and far between.

What is it about AO and online games in general that cause people to lose all morales and dignity? Some will say rp, others have their excuses, but the sad fact is that people act this way because they can, because nothing will ever come of it. How hard is it to go around spouting filth and killing everything you can?

Why do people play online games? Is it for the social aspect? The ability to totally emerse yourself in another world? Or, is it so that you can feel superior to others, to be the best, to be respected by your fellow gamers? I think it's the latter. What drives people to reach lvl 200, to get neophyte, to obtain all the unique items in the game? The desire to be the best, and the need for people to see you as the best.

I'd like to ask all of you players out there one thing. Are you proud of the way you play AO? If your friends, family, etc. sat down to watch you play, would you be proud of your actions? I hope all of you can say yes, but I fear that is not the case.

Sheesh, guess I've had a lot of frustration that I've kept pent up over the past couple months. Sorry if I've offended any of you out there, but this is how I feel about AO.

Good luck and safe travels,

Brenvayle
    lvl 70 clan crat

Originally posted by NightStalker
    The biggest problem I had with the "event" the other night was that not once did were we able to kill one. Every time that a commando reached 25% health he would run away and disappear, only to be replaced by a fresh new one. That was seriously annoying.
    Lots of good points Nightstalker but the above quote is what ruins the whole thing from an event point of view. By not being able, or allowed in this case, to kill a single commando makes the whole event kind of pointless.
    I don't mind dying a couple of times in an event if I have the chance to participate and accomplish something, like defending my home city from whatever might threaten it.
    If there had been 'XX' amount of commandos in the raid, the accomplishment would have been to finally being able to kill them, or fight them off, preferably a mix of both.
    In this case it seems the event ended when the GM's decided it should end and the players had no say in it whatsoever. Such an event is done only for the purpose of having events, not to make players feel that they are taking part in the storyline or being able to influence anything about it. No matter what we do the remnants of the storyline will play out as FC has planned it, no matter what we players might try to do to affect the outcome.
    That in itself makes the FC run events pointless to participate in.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Mor, I was there.

People attacking = GOOD!
    Dust brigade = GOOD!!!

Single men being twice if not 3 times more powerful than Tarasque? NOT GOOD. THAT = STUPID.

If you want to create an unstoppable DB force, please, please make it feasible. Make them at least somewhat killable, but lets have maybe 10, 12 GM/ARK event players playing it.

One guy that can maul all of tir, with teh capability to solo Tarasque 3 times over is NOT REALISTIC AND IS COMPLETELY STUPID.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

yeah they used to be killable remember carlosj killing one he was ganked by two he had my heal pet on him he downed one

the second one turned imensly uebr after first one droped suddenly was hitting crits like a maniac and suddenly had 5 times more HP then the first weird

this aint a role play more like Forced story you cannot change a thing in it see a DB Run and hope he stops following not fun in a story you cannot play in as intended

WTH happened to the serie they made ever few weeks did the story die or something
    two friends canceled yesterdayc ause of this :/
    -------------------------------------------
    Hugyou - lvl 118 Doc
    Proud to be in MoK greatest bunch a people i met to date in AO

Current AO population

30% trolls
    30 % griefers
    30 % ninja;s
    10 % good people
    good people
    All of MoK
    Jica Argulace Fiix Hajk Cloudeh Anval Ipex Noer Compromise Boicey Sange Zyxth Twooftwo nanakee Rakhabit Lanaah Arlanon Piim Kalannar and my long lost friend Praettor i wish you come back to AO old friend and Saiban unban him FC

Dust Brigade used to be killable

I read a post about the DB used to be killable and I think I can tell you why. My best friend used to be a member of the DB. The DB started out as an NPC group, but then the GM/ARKs started to recruit cuning players for the org. My friend my recruited due to his cunning in PVP. The DB org broke up a while back when some PC members started to recruit people randomly and stupidly. When this happened, the org broke up. The reason they used to be killable was because some of them were players, and not just all GM/ARKs. As far as the abilities, they far exceeded the boundaries of good judgement when they elevated their level, hp, AC, etc. The GM/ARKs have the ability to nuke you in a 100% zone and you can't fight back. I don't see why they need to beef their stats. In conclusion, I would have like to have been at the event. Peace Out!

Angry Bump!

Well, I think that whole action was a rather poor idea of FC. But anyway, it's their game with their rules. Losing titles may be a very bad thing for some people too, and although I don't care for titles, I respect that others are mad because they lost them in a massacre-like fight. And that's the point. An "uneven" fight would have been ok, a "hard" fight of course too, a "you can only make it with 3 well coordinated lvl 190+ groups"-fight too. But not the way it happened, because after all the "events" are not done to satisfy the GMs needs for virtual amok runs.

But anyway, that's not my point really. What actually pi**es me off is the fact that they keep killing people at the reclaim terminal. Because whatever you personally can explain with "roleplaying" and what not, you can't explain that fact. Because the ONLY reason there is for doing such thing, is to frustrate these players and to make them logoff.

Dancer