Thread: A guard killed me!!! for no reason

Angry A guard killed me!!! for no reason

I am clan. My friend started the game. I went to a Tir backyard to teach him how to play. While I was there talking to my friend, the guard attacked and killed me! I did not have the guard targeted, I did not attack anything, nothing!! I had not saved since I was in town and THOUGHT I was safe! I lost 67k experience! I sent a petition but nobody ever answered. Has anyone experienced this before or know why this happened? And why would nobody answer my petition? How can I play the game if I'm not even safe in my own backyard!?!?!?!

Hmmm while not in the backyard earlier today 2 members of the org i am part of were complaining how a clan guard attacked them for no reason. they also lost a nice chunk of xp but nothing can be done about that.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

No biggie! Just kill the guards =)

Post Question

What level do you need to be to seriously challenge one of the clan guards, just curious as they are still red to me at 56.
    "tYpInG lIkE tHiS or using numbers for letters (D00D!) is not clever, and will get you marked as someone to avoid."
    -Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets of Anarchy Online

146 Nano NT - Ayabe (retired, naked, and penniless)
    33 Opifex Fixer - Nekkidas (orphaned)
    72 Sol MA - Medang (orphaned)
    42 Sol MP - Lilake (orphaned)
    18 Sol Adv (orphaned)
    10 Sol Trader (orphaned)

There is a bug/exploit that allows players to target guards onto you. It has been around as long as I can remember and some players are using it to get around the recent PvP changes, since guard damage is not halved.

Scorus

Angry happened again

The guard thing happened again to me as I was running back to Tir. It was with a different character. What kind of bug is this?

Also, another problem is that both these times I petitioned for help but they never answered my petition! It counted down. Got to 5 and then disappeared. I have waited up all night for an answer and now they just ignore me. Why are there all these problems?

Wow

Wow, that's a wierd bug. What kind of message did you receive from the guard? Did you buff an Omni before this? Which guard in Tir did it and on which dimension? I"m grabbing for questions because I've never heard of this before.

I noticed if I charm a mob near guards, they go all nuts over me.

Originally posted by Krneki
    I noticed if I charm a mob near guards, they go all nuts over me.
    There! Congratz... you just found the bug/exploit.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

I had one funny encounter too. I make a new MP character. Upon spawning in the backyard, I was happily uploading my first pet NF and summon the pet. When the pet appear, the guard just said the usual "I have enuff of blah blah blah.." and kill me. lol, get killed the very first minute into a new char.

Thanks for the information everyone. I've forwarded this thread onto QA.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Unhappy noticed it to

Me and my friend was in a mission in wailing wastes, we had to run outside of the mission to heal up. (he is a enforcer and im a nt) Well soon as we get outside the gaurds begin attacking him, and didn't touch me, the only I told him I could think might of coused it was that he mongoed inside the mission and maybe lag carried it over to the guards when we zoned. But if we zoned that shouldn't have happened!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!