Thread: Join the Old Athen Rally!

Join the Old Athen Rally!

This Sunday the 28th of March!

Time: 18:00 GMT (1pm EST, 10am PST, 7pm CMT)

Place to meet: The North Old Athen prison. This rally will however move throughout the city!

What is happening? Contests and games with some prizes. A great party to have fun at and show off your new moves! a political rally to stir your passion and show the Clans as a united force. More specifics to follow later

Why?
    Because more than a hundred years after its joining the Clans the city of Old Athen is plagued by pollution in Wartorn Valley, a lack of security, a general state of disrepair, and all too generally has the mark of Omni-Tek creating a mood of dispair.

Also, many from the new Council of Truth clerical staff will be on hand to show their support and also educate fellow Clanners about how you can be involved in the new Council of Truth and having your voice heard!

The rally has the following goals of the city's architects:
    • To clean up pollution in and around the city
    • To improve the security of the Clans largest and most important city. (Since Tir is no longer truly a city belonging to all the Clans)
    • To revitalize the city and mark it eternally as belonging to the free peoples of Rubi-Ka!

This event is being hosted with the support of the following Clans so far:

Veritas
    The Pilgrims
    Tiger Claw
    Coven of Hunters

We encourage all of you who would through their clan's support or their individual support to post here and let everybody know that we stand together!

We also continue to implore all the major Clans to support the restoration of Old Athen financially and with their own manpower. I personally plea to the Knight's of Camelot and my fellow Pilgrim Elders to unite, come to this rally and support the other Clans of Old Athen.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Why you dont put it in the player events calendar? Many events pass unnoticed because they are not posted there.

--> http://ark.anarchy-online.com/calendar/calendar.php

Y.
    Chars in Rimor:

Am I correct in that if enough people show up, the programmers might actually remove all the garbage out of OA? If so, Im sooo there.
    Afflicted: Soldier of Tiger Claw.
    Liability: Bureaucrat of Tiger Claw.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

(OOC: The event is submitted, but things don't normally work through to the calendar on such short notice.

FC has so far not responded to the Old Athen Restoration drive, it is my hope they might yet change their mind. We're trying to keep our goals simple for the devs and noticable with beneficial effect for the players. We're trying to create a win-win-win situation for all parties involved. What we need now though is a big showing of player support. )

Will you be there?

Update:

Event postponed. My cosponsors and I were unable to coordinate in time. So the main rally and meeting of CoT clerical staff well be arranged to happen at a later time, but soon.

I will still be on hand in 10 minutes for any that arrive and want to talk about Old Athen or the new Council of Truth.

Stay tuned, because the main big event will still happen!

Re: Join the Old Athen Rally!

Originally posted by Sallust
    This Sunday the 28th of March!
    Why?
    Because more than a hundred years after its joining the Clans the city of Old Athen is plagued by pollution in Wartorn Valley, a lack of security, a general state of disrepair, and all too generally has the mark of Omni-Tek creating a mood of dispair.
    Sallust, i am all in favour of cleaning up Athen, and you know how i think in general, but at least call it as it was. The invasion and occupation of what was to become Athen. We both know Omni claimed it was moving out anyway, and we both know that is utter proppaganda Goffle-crap.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Omni claims a lot things... like Henry Radiman being in league with the Dust Brigade I think the people there would hardly consider themselves "invaded", they're free to go to Omni-Tek any time they choose but we've seen no exodus of non-military personnel at any time.

Anyways, I thank everyone who came today for a successful meeting about the Council of Truth and a discussion about Old Athen. Thanks for showing your support and the Council is strengthened by every new member.

The original party and rally intended for Old Athen is still in the works.

Angry What a joke...

Originally posted by Sallust

Anyways, I thank everyone who came today for a successful meeting about the Council of Truth and a discussion about Old Athen. Thanks for showing your support and the Council is strengthened by every new member.

A successful meeting? Is this some kind of a joke? I just reviewed a recording of your little "rally". You brought your fellow clan members together in order to get them to join the CoT and clean up Omni-2; you managed to convince them that the CoT is worthless and that they need to "bomb Rome". An unfortunately all too common example of clan "politics".

Is this the full extent of leadership among the Clans? You can't honestly expect Omni-Tek to enter into negotiations with you if your peaceful rallies always end in a call to arms.

Nightmare's Echo has been added to Omni-Pol's watch list. Again. Still. You may launch cowardly raids against the city's police before running away, but any bombing plot will be foiled with extreme prejudice.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Have any evidence to back this up?

or is this just more Omni propaganda?

next you'll be saying me and Henry Radiman are conspiring together to have the Dust Brigade attack everybody on Rubi-Ka right?

Hmm... Well Mr Stroud, if Omni politics runs as deeply as the hecklers in crowds yelling random "bomb crap" comments, then it amazes me the Omni-Corperation is still feck standing!

More people of the Clans were informed and more Clans joined to ranks of the CoT, so there for the rally was far more than a sucess...
    RK2 - PATHOM - MY GEAR - MY DREAM
    RK2 - ANCHOVYPASTE - KRESKI - POTLESS - TRUEFLAME

"Escritores: Most Americans think Denmark is the capital of Ikea..."
    "Chipbutty: Lend me your brain Doomaxe, im building an idiot"

There was a slight delay in getting all of the information analyzed and vetted through the declassification process, however, Omni-Tek should have a press release on the recent clan rally presented to the public within the next two business days.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC