Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New AO Music Video

Arrow link

Try doing a right-click on it and selecting save target as... to download it then view it from your HD...

!!! Bring back the animated series. It's the only time I felt any sort of storyline in AO.

Great job on the vid!

Even the latest write-up about a kidnapped scientist doesn't work that well without being able to put faces on the players.

I really got a feel for Ross, Radiman, and the rest of the major players by being able to hear their voices and watch their reactions to situations.

I'm gonna hafta go back and replay the whole series to refresh my impressions of the leaders of the two factions.

Too bad I haven't the original vids anymore. My b/f had downloaded them last year, but when his HD went *poof*, he lost almost all data on it...

Quite good quality for a vid made with WMV - usually this little piece of c*** always manages to screw one thing or the other, and it's REALLY hard to get proper timing with it once exporting the vid.

Plus it's the first time I see a LP vid NOT footed with DBZ. Almost reconciliated me with the band
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Lightbulb Some ideas/food for tought!

Why not make say some animated stuff each fall to recap the last years major events and carry the story/plot on (as well as releation ships among them) and then a cliffhanger.

The rest of the year use as something suggested storyboards
    Rangar could to the chatbubbles/text and the gfx artists could easily do the storyboard artwork.

And a few times thruout the year do speeches or somehting as sound recordings, slap it as mp3 or something on the site.
    Besides the expansion pack the music/sound guy on AO dont have that much else to do does he? :P

And in addition ingame events, and articles like now.
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Re: Some ideas/food for tought!

Originally posted by Tanghil
    Why not make say some animated stuff each fall to recap the last years major events and carry the story/plot on (as well as releation ships among them) and then a cliffhanger.

The rest of the year use as something suggested storyboards
    Rangar could to the chatbubbles/text and the gfx artists could easily do the storyboard artwork.

And a few times thruout the year do speeches or somehting as sound recordings, slap it as mp3 or something on the site.
    Besides the expansion pack the music/sound guy on AO dont have that much else to do does he? :P

And in addition ingame events, and articles like now.
    At least do SOMETHING! I want to know what happened with the cloned Radiman! And did the conspirators manage to get Omni Prime to force Ross to use the insurance scanner and was Joshua killed when Elena's vehicle blew up and...and...

you get the picture.

Very good idea with the speeches. The voice actors could simply send FunCom a tape with the recording and FunCom could put it up on the site. A couple takes into a recorder couldn't cost them that much. They already have the actors chosen.

If the chosen actors are too expensive, then just get someone who sounds like the guys in the vids did.

"State of the Council"

"Mr. Ross Addresses The Company"

etc.

Hey cranuim, you still reading this?

Even before I saw this video I was forumlating ways that I could make an AO video....

The problem is I can't figure out how to take video clips of gameplay in AO...

Being a dev and all, might you know any tricks or programs that would help me do this?

Video Capture with a ATI card would work.

I used to take vids of matches in Tribes 2.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Hypercam is another option if you're interested. It'll take a lot of power to run AO and capture at the same time if you use this though.

http://www.hyperionics.com/

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Thanks for the imput... but...

1. I don't have an ATI card.

2. It can't be a program I have to buy

3. Is there a similar device that works for sounds... Like can I make it record whatever is coming out of my speakers at the time?

4. Got any suggests for a good program that I can use to edit the video and combine it with music?

A lot of ULEAD stuff should help you there, and video editing software isn't really hard to come by. But you said edit gameplay video and in that respect I don't know of many ways to do it besides the ATI cards and like Tappert said, Hypercam.

But if you want to slice up the pieces of video from the previous videos, and add your own music that shouldn't be too hard using Ulead stuff.

What is this "ULEAD" stuff?

A publisher of a bunch of stuff, similar to Adobe

http://www.ulead.com

Hugs to n0th1ng, cool video

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

*bows* if i just could get some more videos to get cool clips from
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Superb comilation but why the name?

n0th1ng

are you related to the CS Map maker whol took his own life?

never played CS..too boring for me
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

video isnt there anymore i guess =(

tried the link i posted? its either on this post or on some of my old music video posts on another thread ill try to dig it up
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast