Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A time to be counted

I take it all back

My listing of the guilds was an attempt at humor. I was poking fun at this threads creator's list.

Re: Time for some original thought

Originally posted by Rolller
    Remeber... Ross is not Omni-Tek. Omni-Tek is not Ross.
    The opinion above seems to be one that has been crowed on these forums and about Omni-1 over the past few weeks. I thought that perhaps some clarification was in order.

"I just represent Omni-Tek. My job is to make this venture run as smoothly as possible. I report back to headquarters, and I follow orders. It’s not about following orders blindly, I make my own calls when needed. The board doesn’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of what’s going on out here. But I follow the general directives of the company." Quote from 'Phillip Ross: 15 Minutes with Boss Ross'.

The Board of Directors of Omni-Tek have entrusted the running of the Rubi-Ka operation to Ross. Until they express otherwise, he speaks with their authority on all things to do with corporate operations on this planet.

"The amnesty has the full support of the Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka, as well as the support of the Omni-Tek Board of Directors on Omni Prime." Quote from The Omni Herald November 28, 29475

As indicated in the above quote, Mr. Ross is in contact with the Board. His actions are monitored, to a degree, and I am quite certain that if they felt he were performing at a sub-standard level, they would replace him.

Phillip Ross holds the Board of Director's backing in the efforts and policies he has established on Rubi-Ka. So yes, in these matters, Phillip Ross is for all intents and purposes, Omni-Tek.

Toshiko 'Treble' Western
    Director of ICM
    Titan Mining, LLC

This thread is abit out of date.

TBA has aknowledged that the amnesty, ceasefire and Ross are all peachy keen.

Next topic please.

Next topic????

This is not just something you take up for debate, only to dismiss it at your leasure. This is a serious matter.

Rolller if you take your duties to Omni Tel as lightly as you do this issue, I am sure that Omni Reform will take care of you.

And thank you Treable for that stoneset proof that Philip Ross is not going against Omni Telk wishes.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Re: Next topic????

LOL, Ok, Obviously TBA has changed it stance on the removal of Ross. But please show me where Ross or Omni-Tek has said we cannot voice our opposition to amnesty or any issue.

Omni-Tek is not nazi Germany or communist Russia. It is a conglomeration of brilliant, freethinking individuals that got where it is today from the ideas of many people. Omni-Tek does not lock up its employees that voice their opinion. If they did, every person assigning missions and every bronto burger worker would be in jail. You’re just helping to spread more clan propaganda.

Omni-Tek and Phillip Ross both know that no one person has all the answers. They welcome debate on all there policies. In fact, listening to their employees has helped boost production, prevented accidents and saved lives.

Omni-Tek has changed its policies in the past and will in the future. This will come about through debate, like it always has. Omni-Tek is our farther, our mother, our sister and our lover. There is bound to be a few squabbles in a family this size.

Omni-Tek uses its resources wisely. This includes its reformatories. All you’ll find in them is true criminals, not vocal employees.

Please stop feeding the clan propaganda machine.

Originally posted by Baxie
    This is not just something you take up for debate, only to dismiss it at your leasure. This is a serious matter.

Rolller if you take your duties to Omni Tel as lightly as you do this issue, I am sure that Omni Reform will take care of you.

And thank you Treable for that stoneset proof that Philip Ross is not going against Omni Telk wishes.

Funny Mr Bogus it appears TBA have rather a different in fact they do claim Omni-Tek is like communist russia

Ok for starters lets address this from TBA's point of view. Omni Tek is run very much like Tsarist Russia before the Communist Revolution in 1917. Tsarist Russia had seen the largest number of power mongers and Power claimers within the past history within their internal government. In the 19th Century the Military had attempted to remove the Tsar because of his ideals SO... down to the point... Are TBA any different to that army... they believed in Russia STILL they believed there leader was dragging the country down. So i this case we have Ross and The TBA being the power mongers wanting him removing because we feel he is dragging the country (Corporation) down. We are Still Omni Aligned we just simply disagree with letting terrorists into our cities (and as u can see by the background I am not some 13 yr old child wanting to get a bit of fame, All the OT leaders find the TBA / Anti TBA debating on the guild leader chat to be one of the most important and exciting aspect of AO) so no. We don’t simply kill everything that moves policy. Neutrals and OT players are requested to eject the Clanner(s) from their group and the Clanners will be terminated.

Bottom line is this. We invented something outside of the AO storyline and the players love it and I sense jealousy in the air.

P.S Jenousy if u have, the diplomatic skills, team skills to pull off something better than the Black Alliance be my guest. The fact is this. Instead of slagging us off on the Msg boards give the RL players who've pulled this off some credit.

Yes, OmniTek incourage discusion, and that is what I always stated to those clanners asking me. But discusions among those enough educated, those who are able to see the whole picture. The discusions have never, and will never be held among the ordenary grunts.

You (and I) are not educated enough, have not got all the information and can not see the whole picture. We are not to make judgemnts on our own. We are not to work against the whishes of OmniTek.

You are only a mere soldier/doctor/beurocrat or what ever...But clearly not fit to make descions for OmniTek. If you had been fit, you would already be in OMni-HQ making those decsions.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

/OOC
    Let me state for the record that this just my take on things. I will admit getting info out of TBA leadership is like pulling teeth. And I wasn't trying to take credit for anything. When I post here, Its just how I interpret the little info I have heard.

If this msg board is for leaders only, I'll gladly bow out. I just like the ****e it adds. I think of my post to be more like a letter to the editor.

In the past, I let my emotions get the better of me and you and I got off to a bad start. I apologies for that, I will try to do better.

I'm not some 13 year old child ether. Actually I'm probably to old for this and this my first RP game as well. So please, cut this old dog some slack.

But, if we all agree with Ross 100%, what would we be left to discuss in a political forum?

/IC

Just like Earth side politics, people toss the same kind of exaggerated actuations back and forth. The same seems to be no less true on Rubi-ka. Do any members of TBA really think Omni-Tek it like communist Russia? I can't say, I know most Black Watch members don't. Yet, you will find radicals in any group. And they will use what they can to support their case.

We all just felt amnesty stacked the deck against us. We opposed it and were quite vocal about it. However, it looks like TBA has decided to abide by it for now.

And lastly, I think this might all be a mute point because it looks like the clans are not going to let amnesty work. Perhaps, this was all part of the grand plan Ross had. Maybe he has to show his superiors a failure, before allowed to succeed.

Originally posted by Kirrana
    Funny Mr Bogus it appears TBA have rather a different in fact they do claim Omni-Tek is like communist russia

Ok for starters lets address this from TBA's point of view. Omni Tek is run very much like Tsarist Russia before the Communist Revolution in 1917. Tsarist Russia had seen the largest number of power mongers and Power claimers within the past history within their internal government. In the 19th Century the Military had attempted to remove the Tsar because of his ideals SO... down to the point... Are TBA any different to that army... they believed in Russia STILL they believed there leader was dragging the country down. So i this case we have Ross and The TBA being the power mongers wanting him removing because we feel he is dragging the country (Corporation) down. We are Still Omni Aligned we just simply disagree with letting terrorists into our cities (and as u can see by the background I am not some 13 yr old child wanting to get a bit of fame, All the OT leaders find the TBA / Anti TBA debating on the guild leader chat to be one of the most important and exciting aspect of AO) so no. We don’t simply kill everything that moves policy. Neutrals and OT players are requested to eject the Clanner(s) from their group and the Clanners will be terminated.

Bottom line is this. We invented something outside of the AO storyline and the players love it and I sense jealousy in the air.

P.S Jenousy if u have, the diplomatic skills, team skills to pull off something better than the Black Alliance be my guest. The fact is this. Instead of slagging us off on the Msg boards give the RL players who've pulled this off some credit.

So, you're saying that as a private, I shouldn't tell my superiors about the mine field we are walking into? I should just continue to march?

Seems to me, I'll have to educate myself the hard way if I follow this logic. I have to wonder how anybody could work their way up the chain of command in this army. We would all die, long before we got the chance.

Originally posted by Chagidiel
    Yes, OmniTek incourage discusion, and that is what I always stated to those clanners asking me. But discusions among those enough educated, those who are able to see the whole picture. The discusions have never, and will never be held among the ordenary grunts.

You (and I) are not educated enough, have not got all the information and can not see the whole picture. We are not to make judgemnts on our own. We are not to work against the whishes of OmniTek.

You are only a mere soldier/doctor/beurocrat or what ever...But clearly not fit to make descions for OmniTek. If you had been fit, you would already be in OMni-HQ making those decsions.

maybe confused

Sorry on my last post I should have stated apart from the very first line that post was taken from azazzel who is head of TBA.

But your right MR bogus getting info from TBA is almost as bad as getting info from Omni-Tek management. TBA at best apears to have no polices at all, with every member you speak to having a different view. On one hand you have roller giving us reports on the change in TBA policy, then azazzel posts a statement less than an hour later painting a different picture from this.

Worst yet you hear them speaking of peace with the clans one day and the next you see the TBA starting an attack on the clans.

Several of the non Omni-Tek guilds have pointed that they have rejoined the family, but I find it so hard to believe when they still have people hunting down clan members and posting that TBA is in a power struggle with Ross.

I do question the reason for this support when these same guilds have taken to discredit DC who have at least gone to trial. After all DC wrongly did attack a clan person, but surly Azazzel personal attack followed by several TBA members of Mr Ross ablity to lead must be punished. Not to say anything of his very open ploy to try and overthrow Ross. I have trouble with the double standards some guilds have shown with regards to the TBA and DC problems.

If they really want a united Omni-Tek TBA must pay for there past crimes as DC has, that or at least Omni-Tek managment should make it clear that TBA have been forgiven by Omni-Tek. Until such statements have been made, I like the TAG reporter remain unconvinced by TBA sudden two day 180 change around in policy. A policy which several members of the TBA leadership still are not in agreement with.

Mr Bogus

As a private, it is your duty to inform the people in command that (in this hypothetical situation) you are marching into a minefield. Now, if the people in command tell you, that they are very well aware of that fact, and your orders are still to march into that field, that is what you do.

That is whay you are paid for. Not to question the logic in your superiors orders.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Re: maybe confused

Well, Black Watch never violated any Omni Policy. And for the record, Black Watch is longer in TBA. I'll not go into the reasons why, as that would be internal to BW.

Originally posted by Kirrana
    But your right MR bogus getting info from TBA is almost as bad as getting info from Omni-Tek management.

A policy which several members of the TBA leadership still are not in agreement with.

With all due respects Father, I would have to be insain to follow such orders. In fact, the CO would have to be insain for issuing such orders. And as such, incompetent to command. I would be justified in not following such orders.

However, feel free to go forward. The mind field is just over that hill. I'll stay here and try to get in touch with a higher authority who can inject some logic into the situation.

Later man,

Originally posted by Chagidiel
    Mr Bogus

As a private, it is your duty to inform the people in command that (in this hypothetical situation) you are marching into a minefield. Now, if the people in command tell you, that they are very well aware of that fact, and your orders are still to march into that field, that is what you do.

That is whay you are paid for. Not to question the logic in your superiors orders.

well back

Well let be the first to welcome the Black Watch back into the Omni-Tek family. I am glad you have seen the light of day and put the best interests of Omni-Tek at heart and left the bad times of TBA behind you. I can only hope the other guilds will follow your example and return to the fold.

Who are you?

Who are you to welcome us into the OT family. We where always there.

I have stayed out of this discussion for a long while...

Kirrana - you and I had a long talk about this subject. We may not agree with TBA's actions, but they are still OMNI-Tek employees and need to be treated as such. They are equals to us no matter what you say. Let OMNI-Reform deal with them if they need to be dealt with.

We need to focus on unity right now more than who's right and who's wrong within OMNI-Tek at this point. If we stick together, then we can quell the clan threat immediately - peacefully or forcefully.

M.O.T.H.E.R. stands up for OMNI-Tek, and we will try to unite all. If you support the unity, please add the following line to your signature: Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

At this point I am not calling for the abolishment of all alliances, but I do suggest that you consider your position on the grand scale - forget politics for a moment. If all of OMNI-Tek is united, we are unstoppable. All citizens of different races: Opifex, Solitus, Atrox, and Nanomage need to stand together. If everyone OMNI-Tek finally claims that they follow one flag... we are undeniable. We are OMNI-Tek, we will flourish. Let's get a move on!
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234