Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A time to be counted

LOL!
    "True Loyal Omni-Tek guilds."
    God you make my laugh. Im not sure what to think or say about this rubbish!

Ok for those guilds who are considered TRUE guilds let me ask you this.

What rules are you following?
    What Laws are you following?
    What Guidelines are you following?

/ooc
    110% of all these preset laws/rules etc are all player made. No where is a Omni-Tek guidebook on what you can or cant do. No where does it say "thou shall not kill another omni employee" or "Thou shall not kill any Clan people" .
    /back in character

Fact of the matter is we have 0 rules. None. Zip. Zilche. We are just like the clans. Full of anarchy with no guidelines from Ross.

Some Leader. Perhaps he could issue do's and dont's within the omni-tek corp. Obviously he dosent care if he did we would have that employee hand book in our hands when we signed up for this chicken**** outfit.

All you tree huggers out there. Whats it going to take? You open your arms for the clanners only to be shot in the back? Ya that makes alot of sense. Open your eyes. Ya Ross wants peace. We all do. His methods of peace and our methods of peace are opposite but one in the same. Live in harmony or eraticate the clans the final outcome will be peace.

/ooc
    Before you rant and rave about the ICC I would like someone to give me an offical link Via funcom about an offical background/stance on this not some player made one.
    /in character
    Truwind
    134th Doc
    Director of Dark Carnival
    Slayer of Snarf and his Merry men
    Destoyer of Destux and his gimps

Oh Brother....
    Someone is mission the boat here. I think it's a ROLE PLAYING game last time I checked. What makes your word better than ours? What makes your beliefs better that ours? Is it because you belong to a larger guild? Do you think what your guild says is the consensus of other Omni players? To me this is how you come off in your posts and press releases.
    "We are Dark Carnival, what we say, GOES" Thats rubbish.

But, I have a right to adhere to the orders of Mr. Ross. Amnesty is a forgivness to the rebels for past wrongdoings. We, as omni-tek employees are to give them a chance to rejoin the corp. Obviously there are rogue members that will fire upon us and only then should we defend ourselves. I read amnesty as we are not to fire upon unless it is necessary.

You have outrightly said that amnesty is a crock of crap. Philip Ross himself called for Amnesty and that seems like an order in my book. But like so many others have said in other posts, Factions or members of Omni-Tek that dont obide by the amnesty should be punished. Especially one who CLAIMS responsibility for assassinating Henry Radiman. They should all be exiled. No clans would want these people, No Omni would want these people, No neutrals would want these people. Be gone.

You only think there are no rules, because you want to set them for yourselves. Mr. Ross would be very disappointed.

Regards,

/ooc I have nothing against you personally or DC. I don't care to read press releases and whatnot anymore. Thats my personal opinion and I'm not here to tell others not to read or not to agree.

My dear Truewind...

I will try to make this short, to read a more though explanation I would advice you to my speech too those in doubt within OmniTek.

The specific rules we all follow are clearly stated in the contract we all signed at our employment with OmniTek, therefor I will not go into that.

But the following is of importence:

You are not hired by OmniTek to think. You are hired to fight and die for OmniTek.

An employee do not get to tell his chaiman what he should do.

And in military terms: A private does not get to tell a general what to do.

It is simple, it is logical.

OOC: Nope theres not that much background info about this subject, so, as any good roleplayer, we use what we have...

What do we know about OmniTek:

OmniTek is a company, though without a union, and whitout any real chanses for the players to have shares in. That would mean that the possibility for "John Nobody Doe"(thats you and me, and all the other players) to acctually influence the company is rather slim.

Omnitek does not like those who think differnetly then Omnitek. Those who do are either criminals, clanners or about to take a walk to Reform...

Ross is pretty much OmniTek on Rubi-Ka...at least in the majoritys eyes, that we know. And OmniTek apperantly likes the amnesty, otherwise OmniTek wouldnt have issued it...

You dont like the amnesty, since you think differently of Omnitek

Theres realy not much need for more background info to this situation. And realy, I dont get why Im having this conversation ooc, cause youre not upset in RL????????
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

ICC Contract links

Titan Mining, LLC is a subsidiary of Omni-Mine and is working to ensure the profitability of notum mining by preserving the ICC Contract on Rubi-Ka. So, yes...we are in full support of Chairman Ross, the Amnesty, and any other agendas or overtures extended to us by Omni-Admin.

/ooc on:

Truwind:

Here's the exerpt of the ICC Text that used to appear on Funcom's page, until they redid their site. If you don't trust that I've copied this accurately, ask around. Many other people will confirm this was the actual text:

http://www.titanmining.com/icc_contract.htm

Love the political conflict that's shaping up, by the way.

/ooc off
    http://www.titanmining.com

Certainly you do. But you have to understand that a lot of us were lured to Rubi-Ki from another universe, with the promise of quick money and a chance to make our mark in history. Rubi-Ki is a planet in conflict! That is what attracted us. Read it for yourself http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...tisao/setting/
    We knew that clansmen would battle us tooth, claw and nail. We accepted this fact before we signed on. In short, we came here looking for a fight. A fight promised to us by Omnitek!

Phillip Ross or somebody above him wants to change the rules of our employment after the fact. Our union (TBA) is not going to let us get short changed. We don’t work for free. Our loyalty to ourselves comes before our loyalty to Omnitek.

Omnitek entered into an agreement with us and we are going to hold them to it. I didn’t come here to play politics, I came here to battle. If you want to blindly follow Phillip Ross into Peachy Keen land, be my guest. But don’t expect the rest of us to.

We have our own minds to think with. We have our own eyes to see with, our heart to feel with. None of it was provided by Omnitek. However, I do rent them out for the right pay.

Pharo

Originally posted by Arterous
    Oh Brother....

But, I have a right to adhere to the orders of Mr. Ross. Amnesty is a forgivness to the rebels for past wrongdoings. We, as omni-tek employees are to give them a chance to rejoin the corp.

Pharo:

There is more than enough opportunity to 'do battle' as you put it within the rules of the contract. THe contract says that we 'cannot persecute' the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka. It does NOT say that we cannot defend Omni-Tek interests.

Omni-Tek must be discriminating in its use of force to protect our lives and our interests. We cannot go to any clan-held area and shoot everyone who runs by. We must abide by the rules of the contract (which WAS in place when you came to Rubi-Ka, and just as available for your reading as the other propoganda to which you refer) and only use force against those who initiate aggreesion.

As you and I are WELL aware, there are plenty of clans who are more than happy to use force against Omni-Tek.

My objection with The Black Alliance and with Dark Carnival is not that they disagree with Omni-Admin, or the amnesty, or even Chairman Ross. My objection with them is that they VIOLENTLY disagree with our employers, and call for and plan their overthrow publicly. As well, they seem to do this without wanting to measure or learn anything about the political climate which has defined Omni-Tek's operating policy for over 1000 years.

So, Bogus...you will get your conflict. But realize that the conflict DOES have two fronts: a military AND a political one. You don't have to fight both. BUt if you work for Omni-Tek, you should certainly be aware of both, and how they affect each other.
    http://www.titanmining.com

I'm am well aware that if I choose to cross into certain zones I could become a target. I am also aware that a clansmen in these same zones can be tragets as well. This is part of what make this world so interesting.

However, clansmen comming to Omni-1 are not seeking amnesty. They come only to take advantage of it.

How many clansmen have actually signed up fo it? 1? 10? or most likely 0. I don't like the fact amnesty allows clan to run all over Omni held zones. I also don't like the opposite of allowing Omni free run of clan held places.

I feel that the TBA is the lesser of two evils. Amnesty being the greater evil. On Rubi-Ka, violence is just part of the debate proccess. If you step into a Mayham zone, be prepared.

The TBA seeks change. We want amnesty rescinded. Once that happens, the TBA will most likely break up.

Originally posted by Davyn
    Pharo:

Omni-Tek must be discriminating in its use of force to protect our lives and our interests. We cannot go to any clan-held area and shoot everyone who runs by.

Stated

As a lot of people are confused dispite my post I will make it clear. A lot of people appear to think there is a choice between supporting the amnesty or being apart of TBA/DC.

You are wrong in this, there is a choice and a simple one either you are in Omni-Tek supporting the companies wishes and here on Rubi-Ki following Mr Ross or not be apart of Omni-Tek.

You are more than welcome to disagree with the policy of amnesty and make your self heard through the correct channels. The amnesty does not mean we are at peace with the clan nor does it mean we are at war. There is currently a truce however some clans have seen fit to not obey the council of truth and attack Omni-Tek. In the case of attack by clans you may use what ever force required to protect yourself.

TBA are using the amnesty as a tool to create an uprising against Mr Ross and Omni-Tek to promote themselfs (namely azazzel) as replacements.

What purpose does TBA seek, why create another organisation headed up by Azazzel in order to try and end the amnesty. All the guilds in TBA have done is simply handed over the power they had to talk to Ross directly to Azazzel who cares what CORE and the other guilds have to say people only see them as TBA with just one voice Azazzel. You may think you have more power as TBA a single group but in fact as guilds within it you have no power or say.

Perhaps the guilds in TBA should start to think what they want and not to follow Azazzel around as a lost puppy.

You should return to the fold of Omni-Tek and protest in the manner of an Omni-Tek and not like some rebel clan guild. I mean TBA - Red Freedom two sides of the same coin right now.

TBA guilds and DC just don't realize they are not working as employess of Omni-Tek.

Fire em, and then let's hear what they'll do to come back!

They are doing this because they feel nothing will be done to them.

Make them an example!

Punish them!

Ross is CEO of the Omni-Tek branch on Rubi-Ka.

Red Tape will follow his whishes and follow him to the ends of the known universe if it will serve to better Omni-Tek.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ok update.

True Guilds of Omni-Tek
    -------------------------------
    Enigma
    Omni-Tek Assault Corps
    Church of OmniTek
    Omni-ECPCS
    Division 9
    Titan Mining
    Deep Winter Faction
    Bureau42
    Red Tape
    The Honored Maidens
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    First Order
    FATHER

Disgraced Guilds of Omni-Tek
    --------------------------------------
    Dark Carnival
    The BlackHand (Lead by Azazzel)
    C.O.R.E (Lead by Iceith)
    FTC (Lead by Superflu)
    M.E.R.C (Lead by Blanch
    RHD Black Watch Regiment (Lead by Mishief)
    Executive Decision (Lead by Venous)
    Omni Inquisition (Lead by Virindi)
    24/7 (Lead by Xeni)
    DRAP (Lead by Terrorizer)
    Dark Enforcer (Lead by Voidshadow)
    Orderofchaos (Lead by Lostlogic)
    Omni Intelligence Agency (Lead by Sixblade)

First sorry if i have missed any guild out drop me a message if I have. Also any other true guild please let me know so I can add your names to the OT meeting invite.
    Last edited by Kirrana; Dec 4th, 2001 at 18:10:58.

Kirrana,
    Thanks for keeping track of these. I hope this opens the eyes of these factions. I can hardly wait for the responses

nm...Kirrana took care of it
    Last edited by Manchilde; Dec 4th, 2001 at 18:45:22.
    ~Manchilde

Perhaps you should inclued some of the clans you work with as well. So your true colors will show.

Originally posted by Kirrana
    Ok update.

True Guilds of Omni-Tek
    -------------------------------
    Enigma
    Omni-Tek Assault Corps
    Church of OmniTek
    Omni-ECPCS
    Division 9
    Titan Mining
    Deep Winter Faction
    Bureau42
    Red Tape
    The Honored Maidens
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    First Order

Originally posted by Mr. Bogus
    Perhaps you should inclued some of the clans you work with as well. So your true colors will show.

OMNI-ECPCS - 0

re

I would just like to thank you for including First Order in the list of factions that are interested in keeping Mr. Philip Ross's interests at heart.

Currently we are trying to rid ourselves of the rogue factions that are violating the amnesty set on the clan side.

We are patroling the 2h0 and MMD bases eliminating any aggressive elements.

We will NOT fire first. Rather we look for this scum that has been firing on our community members in cold blood.

An order to Amnesty is not an order to give up property that is already ours.

We will defend Omni-tek from any attackers, and attackers that are members of a clan faction, will be considered renegades that need to be removed.

Again, our forces will NOT be firing first in any situation. But I assure you the minute the first bullet leaves a clan pistol, we will be there to protect our community.

We all hope and pray for this Amnesty to take hold, and peace to fall on Rubika as quickly as possible.

Untill then, we will be onhand to protect all that we hold dear.

And we will support ANY faction that has the same interests at heart.

Windowlicker
    President
    First Order
    www.omni-elite.com

Keep your friends close.....Keep you enemies closer

I have been but a simple Employee of Omni-tek, since I was called to duty by Mr. Ross. Mr. Ross has seen it fit that I lead a division of the Omni-Tek Corporation Rubi-Ka branch, whose sole mission is the rehabilitation of the rebel factions here on Rubi-Ka. This I have done to the letter.

Are there guidelines or rules set forth by Mr. Ross and Omni-Tek, yes there most definitely is.

Primarily as an Omni-Tek employee you are given orders from Headquarters. Plain and simple... if Mr. Ross or Omni-Tek says, "kill this target" you kill this target, not much room for discussion here. If Mr. Ross or Omni-Tek says it is time for truce and a time to allow forgiveness to the rebel clans here on Rubi-Ka, then it is time for peace. Still not a lot of room for discussion.

Now we are allowed some liberty in how we as loyal Omni-Tek employees are to carry out these orders. A little bit of freedom in how you do it, if you will. It all boils down in the end to the first two statements found above. Now I can see where Mr. Ross and the corporation are going with this. I feel this is a time not only for forgiveness, but also a time of trial for us employees. I believe the true meaning or at least a part of Omni-Teks current orders is to see who truly is loyal Omni-Tek and those not worthy to be a part of the Omni-Tek Corporation. Now I bare no malice or ill will towards any guild, or organization operating under the umbrella of Omni-Tek. This is not my concern, until I am ordered by Omni-Tek to investigate the loyalty of another guild or organization I will continue with my mission. Be it by peaceful means or in a manner of war, which is determined by Omni-Tek.

We may not be the largest organization, and we might not be the most powerful, but I believe us to be among the most loyal. Much appreciation is extended to Kirrana, for mentioning my organization as one of such standing.

For those of you who still question Omni-Tek's decisions for the amnesty, I can sympathize for you, as we are all so used to the Clan rebels being a target of opportunity. But to criticize and, dare I say, question Omni-Tek and Mr. Ross's decision for the amnesty, then I pity you when Omni-pol finds out what your agenda truly is.

Omni is life, Omni is your friend, Omni Protects.

/ooc
    I have no ill feelings towards any guild or organization; I have been helped and have helped many members of many different guilds/orgs. And I am one that would judge a guild/org by the actions of their members.

I am off of my soapbox, as I am sure Omni-Tek has more pressing matters for me to handle. Be safe and feel free to call on me and mine for assistance.

Mack "oslo" Clemente
    LVL 103 Enforcer
    Proud Director of Omni-ECPCS

Unhappy Resignation from Red Tape

Kithrak: I hereby submit my resignation from the guild Red Tape. I cannot support the guild's association with the Clan-loving "true" guilds. The only way to ensure Omni-Tek's continued prosperity is to completely and utterly destroy all opposition on this vital planet.

Beria
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat
    Former Executive and a Founding Member of Red Tape

ooc: Sorry Kith. You are doing a great job with the guild but the political direction is the exact opposite of how my character feels. Say goodbye to everyone for me.

Edit: After a useful discussion with Kithrak and a attending our latest guild meeting, I am pleased to withdraw my resignation.
    Last edited by Beria; Dec 9th, 2001 at 15:07:51.

Beria

Beria,

I think you miss understand the True guilds, its not about supporting the clans or loving them its about supporting Omni-Tek and Mr Ross.

As a supposed Bureaucart you should have know this more than anyone. TBA and DC want to over throw Mr Ross and I find it impossible to believe you support this. The True guilds is not a group or another organistion such as TBA it is Omni -Tek and it does support Ross.

It you feel you cannot support Mr Ross then I suggest you should quit as a Bureacucrat, quit Omni. Your comments of "utterly destroy all opposition on this vital planet" are not shared by Omni-Tek or Mr Ross and is in direct violation of the ICC contract. I will be filling a full report to Kithrak that you be sent to Omni-Reform

I've worked long and hard for Omni-Tek, and I can tell you that it is brains not blind obedience that has made this company what it is. And my brain tells me that this amnesty and cooperation with the Clans will fail. If I thought that the Clanners could live in peace with Omni-Tek I'd be the first on the peace bandwagon. But I know they can't and they won't.

I just hope you peace-niks are still around when the Clanners are raising their flag over the smouldering ruins of Omni-1 and Rome, because that is what will happen if you are successful.

Beria
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast