Thread: Evil Bank Gnomes Strike Again

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Evil Bank Gnomes Strike Again

RANT FOLLOWS

I'm not sure if it's the latest patch or what, but the bank gnomes have struck again. I went down to my local bank terminal to pick up an order for a customer and lo and behold, the entire contents were rearranged.

To most, this normally wouldn't be so bad. But by this time, my tailor shop was doing well enough that I had about 500 pieces of armor in stock scattered through bags in the bank. They were nicely organized with marker items denoting what was in the bags. A workable system. Assuming that the bank gnomes were erradicated (as they were a while ago).

Now those gnomes are back and *sigh*, I don't have the time nor the inclination to reinventory. Other bank bugs also remain, such as the fact that certain medium bags cannot be placed into the bank without rezoning (I'm at a loss as to why this could be). The 'feature' as it were, that we cannot see what's in our bags unless we take them out (to counter duping I know) also exists. All of these bugs combined, has made the life of a shop keeper a living hell. I'm tired and don't want to deal with it anymore. As such, I'm closing up shop permanently.

This rant if you will is just to log my experience with the bugs (cirrca v14.10). Hence it's on this forum. It was fun while it lasted.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

sigh ...

Bank and bag gnomes have returned with a vengeance.

Banking has become a chore again. Most annoying.

And when you die now, all the stuff in your bags turn topsy-turvy. So now I spend any rezz time re-arranging all the stuff in the bags in my inventory ... ARGHHH. Most annoying. Most un-fun.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Damn their gnomey hides!!!

I'll look into this and see why they're back and how they're eradication goes.

And Tappert, I really hope you don't shut up shop. I need new clothes (as do many others, I'm sure).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Question

I don't know if it was the bank gnomes or not but, I had a 3% xp ring come up missing from my bank. I had an auction going on RK-1 Exchange and got an in game tell for 6mill. I thought maybe I could close the auction early because the bids probably weren't gonna get any better than that. When I went to get it out of my bank, it was gone. None of my bags had it in there. I had just seen it a few days prior, and thought should I equip or not. I instead had to cancel the auction and sell the nice lady a 2% ring because that was the only one I had left. Would it do any good for me to petition for this?

Originally posted by Fistgoddess
    Would it do any good for me to petition for this?
    Of course not! What are you smoking, anyway?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.