Thread: What's with the uber story mobs?

Angry What's with the uber story mobs?

----------- OOC ------------

Now, I could be totally off my rocker with this one...

But does it seem ~silly~ to anyone else that a level 400 NPC (That's the number I heard, but I'm willing to be proven wrong) rampaged through Last Ditch the other night?

It seems to me that it would be a lot more fun if these story NPCs could be killed, giving the players involved a sense that they actually -did- something. Level 50, level 100...whatever...but for crying out loud, dropping an invincible, hostile mob into the middle of a high-supression area seems idiotic to me. I got ganked by one the other night, and besides losing an hour and a half of experience, I didn't feel included in the game world's story at all.

Why not make it a battle with a questionable outcome? Give the players a chance to organize, and make some kind of a difference in what's going on, instead of shoving uber mobs in our face, and telling us to live with the experience loss.

Does anyone see where I'm coming from?

~Jazzx~

--------- OOC ----------
    Last edited by Jazzx; May 17th, 2002 at 01:12:50.

Cool

too bad u werent fixer then you could just run form thr uber mobs.....green ones too.

That's what bothers me about the recent GM events. Even though I keep missing them I can't help but think that they don't understand that it's not fun.

Being included in a story shouldn't mean that we're all there for GM target practice. There should be more to why they're showing up etc. It's frustrating hearing about and seeing Omni-pol for example showing up all over the places and opening fire on people for whatever reason.

This is where Everquest miserably failed with many of it's large scale GM events. People who want to RP don't want to RP being slaughtered 100% of the time.
    ==============
    Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski
    Clan Martial Artist
    "Lots of power in a little package."

Post Are you kidding me?

Originally posted by Noms
    too bad u werent fixer then you could just run form thr uber mobs.....green ones too.
    -------- OOC ---------
    Um...I am a Fixer, actually. I was in my Yalm at the time I got whacked, and had 700+ run speed. However, it's a bit hard to run from something that hits you for 1400 points of damage and drops you in one hit.

And Snowy, thanks for getting my back. You're a diva.

~Jazzx~

*winks at Jazzx* Just tellin' it like it is. But you can always buy me a drink sometime at Reets to thank me
    ==============
    Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski
    Clan Martial Artist
    "Lots of power in a little package."

Wink Rowr...

You're on, darlin.

Where have you been, by the way?

~Jazzx~

Fire the events team.

It takes form the story, not gives it.

These guys could solo Tarasque without batting an eyelid. *that* is stupid. It really is.

Yes, I understand noone is supposed to be solo'ing one, but come on. How much better would it be if say.. I dont know.. 12 semi-killable level 250 Ace equivalents stormed into reets and mass destructed everything.

That would be good, make some sense, and still have the DB being uber, also with players being able to do some damage and not instantly die.. have some fun.

Alas, FC are morons. Tell every ARK you see to abuse their events department - I'd rather have nothing than this.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Hold on. So instead of encoutering a terrible monster that only avoiding it can save you you rather kill it!? Killable monster attacks are fine but nonkillable monster attacks now that is fun! Seeing something that no one could possibly kill is a great idea. You guys are crazy to say that there should be no attacks like this. We are not all powerful and we need monsters to remind us of this. To be able to have to kill the monster is not the only way to be involved with the enviroment. You could see how long you can survive while a monster is rampageing the city. GM's take thier ideas of the killable monsters, but dont get rid of the non killable. Sorry guys but your complaints are not warrented.

Myers:

(Sorry for posting this, like, 3 times, but whatever :P)

On Wednesday night one of those level 400 guys came rushing INTO THE REET RETREAT. It slaughtered everyone it saw in 1-5 hits. It was pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to run away until the 40 or more Reetheads swarmed out of the Rumble Room to try to take him down in the hallway directly outside the RR. He was entirely unkillable and some people who didn't want to take part in it and tried to escape were killed ANYWAY.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

From what i read it didn't sound like it was possible to get away, but I guess thats what happens when you live on Rubi-Ka. Not the most civilised planet in the galaxy.

Talking Mob

I was there for the whole attack, I did 3k+ damage to the thing on my own over the time it was there, not to mention what the other people attacking did, I think I counted about 6k damage done to it in the first half, we dropped it to 75% HP then he healed to full again and I lost track of the damage after that, it would of been a great event if there were say maybe 3 or 4 Commandos levels 150-200 at least we could kill them and it would give us a reason to band together, instead of lining up for a group slaughter, I don't know how but with some amazing luck I took 2 hits from the thing and just survived, I was lucky.

Cayll

Are we to believe that the Dust Brigade is so powerful that ONE of them can withstand an onslaught of 40 high level people?

Come on! Why doesn't the Dust Brigade rule Rubi-Ka by now with that kind of firepower? The point I'm making is that this just doesn't make sense storywise. Why employ terrorist attacks of bombs if just one of these dudes can waltz into a city and mow down everyone in sight?

They need to rethink their events if indeed these were meant to be events.

BUMP!!!
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Jun 13th, 2002 at 23:34:17.

3 days ago, or so :| there was an event and It was soloable for me, alot of "Firestorm" clanners.

They did have infinite range, shoot trough walls..........etc.

I was able to do this with some friends, we could take on the Firestorm clanners. I couldn't solo them though, at level 67.