Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you Funcom (Seriously)

Wink Yepps

I must say that after leaving my 89Fixer behind and
    starting a MP, im seeing Rubi-Ka from a whole new
    difrent happy view. Its no longer a hassle to do
    solo missions at 50% Ql. I can even do 75% missions.
    But all this of the cost of my fixer.

Well, life has its ups and downs. But my MP is my
    new main Char. Thats for sure. Lets see how the
    IP reset goes... Maybe ol'Zubok will rise from the
    bed.

Im happy.

Zubok - lvl 89 fixer The god of dying quoted;
    "I was just about to lvl "

Redbow - lvl 46 MetaPhys. The queen of style Quoted;
    "Live eternal and look good"

Zpeedy - lvl 41 Fixer Dope pusher of Lush Quoted
    "/whisper need any stimms?"

ya thx funcom

for making my current ma worse than my beta ma... and thanks for throwing weapons, my long recharge on heals, my lack of pvp damage, my bugged ma weapons, my nano resist, my ability to self cast my high lvl buffs and for making me a sitting duck for anybody that can root... thanks funcom... thx alot

-Jason X
    Soon-To-Be-Broken Low-Light Scope

Thumbs up Keep up the good work...

The future of AO has newer looked so bright..

Looking forward to the expansion.

Fixers of fortune....

-> It's not ALL about the money... <-

Make a good game, more players will come, you will make more money. Sure, you will lose money in the development. But if you skim and leave out stuff because 'it will cost too much' you might not make much of that money back...

My two creds.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I cant be completely negative, I must say that this games beats the only other one i have ever played DAOC. Although after the OE nerf I will not enjoy it near as much , took me too long to learn the game to have that much of it taken away.

Yesiamstoned

PS everyonce in a while why do my nukes seem to heal the MOBS

I want story. There is no story in AO. This game is not worth the effort, compared to the rewards. (see sig)

Originally posted by Mahdi
    Programmers don't live on hot air. Give a programmer 1 bilion dolars and then see if he's still so eager to improve on his work.

Quality comes from the need for improvement.

If this is true.. why does John Carmack continue to make the best game engines in the world?

On topic, yes I love the game, been playin since beta4 and day1. I have my beefs (I've played a fixer as my main since day1, so yea I got my beefs) but besides them..

THIS GAME ROCKS!

Btw guys I've met the lead programmer on the test server, he knows we love him.

PS: Bronto_Cowby nobody gives a sh*t if you canceled. The big blue letters makes me think you cancelled just so you can say so and whine about it. If your no longer playing, get the f*ck off the boards. Ok back into the happy feelings
    Last edited by Fion; May 22nd, 2002 at 05:46:24.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

I agree. AO has come a LONG way. They have fixed hundreds of bugs and done alot of work on profession balance.

It may actually be ready for commercial release after the next patch or two.

Originally posted by Fion

PS: Bronto_Cowby nobody gives a sh*t if you canceled. The big blue letters makes me think you cancelled just so you can say so and whine about it. If your no longer playing, get the f*ck off the boards. Ok back into the happy feelings
    Well said!

They never really quit though cause we always see them for months with stuff like that in their sig. I think it's funny

AO has the potential to be the best mmorpg but will die fast if no content is added.
    Great graphics, ability to solo up to 200, no downtime and do almost anything on its own aren't enough to keep us entertained for a long time.
    Eq doesn't have all of those but it has content and a lot of it and that's the most important thing in a game in the long run.

I'll probably be lvl 200 in a month or so but then I don't know what I'll do. Maybe try Morrowind until the next mmorpg is released unless you give me a reason to keep playing.

Originally posted by Mor

Well said!

They never really quit though cause we always see them for months with stuff like that in their sig. I think it's funny
    Hmm... well then, let me append my sig so there is no misunderstanding, because I am not coming back. If I were coming back, I would not have deleted all my characters and thrown away my AO cdrom...

And no, you can not have my stuff. Because even I couldn't have my stuff... Most of it turned into blue question marks after my last reinstall...
    Last edited by Bronto_Cowboy; May 22nd, 2002 at 18:33:38.

You have helluva'n addictive game here.
    Heh, truer words were never spoken.

I would like to see strengthened OFFICIAL story-based events, and maybe the adoption of events being conducted by players as well. Story is essential to the game -- it's floating there, but Funcom has yet to really use it. Which may actually be their plan, who knows...

Hmm... well then, let me append my sig so there is no misunderstanding, because I am not coming back. If I were coming back, I would not have deleted all my characters and thrown away my AO cdrom...

And no, you can not have my stuff. Because even I couldn't have my stuff... Most of it turned into blue question marks after my last reinstall...
    Stop your sniveling little crybaby act. First off, anyone can write anything in their sig -- I can put "I am the King of England" in my sig and that doesn't mean its true. You know, as well as everyone here knows, that you're probably just looking for attention. That's all whiners seem to be after anyway.

Look at my sig -- I have an AO CD-ROM made from gold and a Yalm from Funcom in RL. [/sarcasm]
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

Well, I came, saw (for 7 days), and started paying.

I am a rpg fanatic, and I have taken a lot of time to choose a mmorpg I would start playing. Diablo 2 didn't quite meet the requirements anymore. Actually, it didn't meet them for quite a while, but I just continued playing coz it became a habbit to log in, meet with ppl I knew, and start doing some levels.

I was really amazed when I found out how many skills and abilities AO had, and how linked they are with each other. Not to mention the amount of professions that are available.

However, I already noticed that there does seem to be a lack of motives to continue playing. (Main problem in D2) Sure, finding weapons and improoving skills is a motiv, but it is not role playing. There must be more to it than selecting a target, and eliminating it - with or without team. But then again, I started many, many characters, and therefore didn't make it to a high (or medium) level yet. From what I've heard, there is little more to expect aside from items, and stats. Okay, exploring new areas is an interesting option - but that won't last.

From what I've seen so far, leveling and getting the best buffs to wear the best items is all people tend to think about.
    That can't be it if this is an rpg game. Maybe I expect too much (probably), or maybe you start playing a role with a 3 digit level.
    Either way, I am far from being a high level, so I hope I havent seen the best of the game yet.

Diablo 2 may be the most boring game around now, but I doubt I will get the thrill of rpg from AO like I did with Diablo 2 the first time I played through the story. Everything else is way better in AO, of course. Especially the love for detail...

PS: This probably sounds like I dislike the game, but I'm just thinking out loud AO is a long term game, so it will take time, which I have already paid for.

As for Bronto_Cowboy: I want a story too, but If you didn't find it, and stopped looking for it..... Then what R U doing here? Play Diablo 2! It has a good story. Everyone is sick of it, but hey - it got one! It would be foolish for my level to say anything about the storyline in AO. Lets just say, its a good start.

Unhappy Agreed

I agree with the previous poster about how AO is lacking story to the point where all there is to do is try to get into the best gear, known as over equipping. I feel it's the only enjoyable part of AO once you get used to the game and realize it's limitations. It's sad and almost disturbing that someone at Funcom actually made a decision to penalize OE after 14.2. IP reset isn't my idea of fun and doesn't really make up for the loss of planning strategies to get into the best gear at your current lvl. Funcom has some serious problems at hand and aren't dealing with them well at all. I can't give thanks to a company who's only way of dealing with imbalance is to weaken existing professions, rather than adding more content to make up for a weaker profession's shortcomings. And as far as programming, AO isn't that complicated. You can almost see the simple code as it unfolds during combat. If you visualize AO without all of the pretty graphics and just think about the code behind it, it's probably one of the least impressive games ever made. The only hope Funcom has is to come up with a very involving plot for players to participate in, otherwise, they're just riding on time until a new MMORPG comes out that's done right.

If you think I'm only negative, I'm not. I do like some aspects of AO, especially the NCU system and the nano programs. That part is very inventive and a cool way to include "magic" into a game and a sytem to boost yourself or others. Even this is getting adjusted for the worse. What good is a wrangle if OE isn't as much of an option, and it only lasts 3 minutes? Basically, a decent amount of nano's won't be useful after the upcoming changes. I just wish there was another game. I guess I can thank Funcom for one thing. Thank you for making the best piece of crap on the market today. You are the kings of the garbage heap, congradulations.

hehe nice surprise ending raxie, made me laugh

Wink

Originally posted by Highjack
    I agree. AO has come a LONG way. They have fixed hundreds of bugs and done alot of work on profession balance.

It may actually be ready for commercial release after the next patch or two.

LOL!

So true though, they have fixed a large amount of bugs but still not been able to install envisioned things despite that the game been on the market for almost a year now.

Quite innovative with a pay-beta I think though.

Sometimes to chrismas i think this game might be in a condition in which it can be somewhat similar to what they said when it was released. But then it will have competition by SWG.
    Oh well, I guess I probably will try out SWG anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12