Thread: Upcoming BlitzBall tournament!

Upcoming BlitzBall tournament!

I originally posted this information in that other forum but I think this forum is the better place for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have invented a sport for RubiKa called BlitzBall. Yes I know that there is a sport of the same name in another world (which I learned after the fact). There is no relationship between these two sports.

BlitzBall is a sport designed to be played in a clan backyard with two teams of 6 people (although we request teams of 7 in case of injury (LD)).

Unity of the Rose is going to host two events to play BlitzBall. The first will be a pickup game where anyone can come to learn the rules and play. The second will be a tournament. To participate in the tournament you need to be in a team and to have registered your team with me. These events will be on the player events calendar. Both events will be held in the training area of backyard 4 in West Athens right next to the Cup. It should be safe to get there via the grid. All factions are welcome!

Saturday April 3rd at 3pm Eastern: BlitzBall pickup games.
    Saturday April 10th at 3pm Eastern: BlitzBall tournament.

Rules for BlitzBall can be found at:
    http://www.unityoftherose.com/guides/blitzball.htm

If you have any questions, contact me in game or email me at:
    szentasha@unityoftherose.com.

Please note that to keep things fair, there is a maximum level 30 for participating in these games!

If you want to create a team, for the tournament on 4/10 you will need the following:
    - 7 people, maximum level 30
    - A team uniform for all team members.
    - 6 white cloaks.
    - 1 colored cloak that matches your team uniform.
    - Someone designated as team captain.
    - A snazzy name.

The West Athens home team is "The BlitzBall Girls". They are the current reigning champions. Come support your local team!
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Wow. What a great opportunity to not only have some fun but to also spam Szentasha with tells!

I was at the practice game for BlitzBall and had a great time so I recommend this to everyone
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Sounds like a lot of fun. A male friend of mine wants to know if it will be shirts vs skins.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

It's a very fun game and my Clan is working on "sponsoring" a Blitzball team.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Good heavens! This game looks like a absolutely brilliant thing to play!

Unfortunately I've got less time to play than before and can not join any teams. Is it a crowd pleaser? Where on or near the court can I stand to watch the game? (As not to interfere with the game itself.) Will you post a table after each tournament, so we can follow "our" team?

And most important: Any bookies on? I want to place a bet on the team Vix is in charge of (100k they win the first tournament @ april 10th)
    By popular demand: Back after a 3 year break!

Oh, I won't be playing as you have to be level 30 or under. However, I am sponsoring a young fixer to play......
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

So, how did it go? And who won?
    Arvid Phallos Persson
    Member of The Mockers
    Former Colonel of Mercury Dragons

The game went really well .. it was the BlitzBall Girls in Red vs. the BY4 Brawlers in Blue. The Brawlers managed an upset, winning with a score of 5 to 4. It was a very competitive game.

I haven't heard much from people about teams yet so I'm postponing this Saturday's game until a future date when we can get some teams together.

Stay tuned and contact me if you want more info on this.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!