Thread: Doesn't Anybody Want to be a Famous Reporter?

Doesn't Anybody Want to be a Famous Reporter?

I know that there are storyline events going on. I've been on the fringes of three of them in the last week:

• The Omni-Pol occupation in force of Stret West Bank. (I was one of the first on the scene, got slaughtered before I fully rezzed, never got far enough in to see what was going on),
    • The brief appearance of the Omni Grid Monitoring Program icons in the grid. (I shot some screenshots, then bailed when the "shooting" started - I wasn't backed up.)
    • The attempted assassination of DJ Tarryk by a member of the Dust Brigade during Wednesday night's live show from Reet's. (I was listening on the radio. I stayed away because the damage this guy was reported in guild chat as doing would have one-shot killed me before I cleared the door).

Now imagine my surprise that nobody, and I mean nobody, seems to have written news accounts of these activities and submitted them to the Voice of Freedom! I know that there were people there. Surely someone could have written up a more detailed account, and would like to be famous for fifteen minutes?

I should...

Just about that last one:

The guy was named 'Masked Commando'

He was reportedly level 400 somehow

We had around...oh, 60 players defending the Rumble Room. The lag was horrendous. I was killed (At 1k exp to level, unfortunately) along with many others, as he was doing some impressive damage. Although we were hitting him with all we had and then some, if we got his health down to even 75% he would regenerate it more quickly than we could deal out damage.
    I did not witness it myself (ran back into the club after reclaiming just as he was gone) but I was told that eventually the people remaining drove him out and he was taken away by a dropship of some kind?
    Can someone else shed some light on that last part?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Those dropships love floating around picking up and dropping off terrorists. I've got some screenshots of odd contrails left behind from the wake of the ships.

Anyways! The reason I don't post anything is because I don't want to go through the trouble of telling the story and post it just here on the forums. I don't plan to post news elsewhere.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

sounds to me like they've fallen into the trap that crappy writers do when making up the ultimate story-line.

Sounds like the 'bad-guys' are possessed of awe-inspiring power! Able to shake the foundations of the earth (blah blah blah - are we impressed yet?). How will our intrepid hero's ever beat them?!?

Oh yeah, they beat them because it's planned. Gonna happen. Stand by for manufactured and hollow-feeling victory vs titanic odds.

Yuck. Gimme a real story. Add drama not lvl 400 characters.

Yes the lag was quite bad my Trader was pinging away for 2.5k every 2-6 seconds(10 scope and UVC as I just come back from mission running) did not dent the guy
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It