Thread: Players Please Convince Me Why I Should Come Back

Question Players Please Convince Me Why I Should Come Back

I got an email today from Funcom. They are offering me another free month of play for "re-evaluation". I left very angry at Funcom. I could reconsider my position and try the game again. However I need the PLAYERS to tell me what has changed since August (when I left). Has the game improved? Is it FUN? Or is it still an endless rat-race of leveling, upgrade equipment, implants, doing STALE PREPACKAGED feeling missions, broken skills/items/nanos. Does the view range set at max on the slider still suck? Can I play with an ATI card? Is there a better response time for /petitions? Are classes still imbalanced compared to others? Was pet pathing ever fixed? Was pet AI ever improved? Were guild problems fixed? Does /who work now? hrmm. i think thats enough questions for now. I could play again but i need the players to convince me first that it is worth the trouble of reinstalling, and then patching the game all over again.
    Karnisov
    P.S. I was an agent, could any agents please tell me if we are still FUBAR.

It's only an endless rat-race of leveling if that's what you make of it. There's plenty more to do in the game if you just walk around and use your imagination.. I've been playing one character since day one and he's only level 32, but I've been totally happy.

I'm sure you can find answers to your other questions if you just do a little looking around on the boards.

Use your imagination.

I left AO for a while, as well. Got tired of running around and just doing missions. Then, a friend of mine sent me those episodes they are making, and I got hooked again.

When I came back I found a greatly improved game, with much less bugs, more professional players, and the mission centrals had started giving me missions close to home, FINALLY. So no more running around. I pick a mission in Newland, while I am in Tir, close to the Newland city whompa, and i cash out 6K missions at medium difficulty. For a lvl 16 thats pretty ok, I think.

You can do anything! With all the options you have here in AO, you can even start your own taxi-service. Get people to /follow you and you can run to their missions out in the zones.

Start your own shop?
    Pick high-level missions and sneak around, until you find the goodie stuff, get high quality items and sell them to someone who needs them. Get lots of cash, buy yourself a bikini and go swimming with the pirahnas. GO NUTS!

In conclution, I don't know when or why you left our world, but I can assure you, it's a lot more fun now. I for one got all my intrest back, just by picking a different kind of character, the second time around.

Also, things get more fun if you Roleplay a little. Try to take a personal intrest in your character, and interact with other players, as if the world was a little bit more real that it "really" is.

And best of all, you are always welcome back. :-)

praxiz

Thumbs up

Lotsa questions....

Has the game improved? Yes, ALOT!
    Is it fun? I think so

Pets? They are much improved, not perfect yet though
    Guilds? Most guild problems are solved
    /who... nope but got more chat channels that help
    /petition. Much better now, still needs a bit of work though

Tradeskills are coming into play. New NFs are trade/rewards only
    Most small and very annoying bugs are fixed.
    Most NFs and skills are fixed.
    The different classes are beeing upgraded and improved as we go!

Agent=sneaking.... hum... most agents would say that it still doesn't work as it should, I don't know

Give it a test and see for yourself. They game feels totaly different now then in August.

The game is a lot better technically (i.e. fewer bugs). But the content is still about the same. If you got bored with missions and hunting last time, then there is no reason to come back yet. Unless you want to do the one dungeon that your character might be the right level for. Otherwise, it is just endless missions that have nothing to do with the storyline, hunting like you can do in any game, and a very occassional lag-plagued event.

Scorus

Heads & Tails(although it aint open yet)
    "I am an army of one."

You think a company that changed the name of /ass and /crotch is going to allow a strip bar? :]

Scorus

Well, it all depends.. If youre looking for a action game where killing other players is all that matters, then you should proberbly stay of...theire better games for that, and AO will never be able to compet...

If youre looking for a real RPG, where you acctualy can find players trying to create theire own roles, then AO is it...

I would say that if you are to much into this lvl chasing thing, you get tired of this quite quick...im not that much into the hunt of xp, and I have had more fun in a computergame here, then i ever had before
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Re: Players Please Convince Me Why I Should Come Back

Originally posted by Karnisov
    I got an email today from Funcom. They are offering me another free month of play for "re-evaluation".

Has the game improved?
    Is it FUN? Or is it still an endless rat-race of leveling, upgrade equipment, implants, doing STALE PREPACKAGED feeling missions, broken skills/items/nanos.
    In a word. No.

The game has improved, of course. Its not like they're sitting around doing nothing.
    Has the game been completed? No.
    And yes its still a "rat-race of leveling, upgrade equipment, implants, doing STALE PREPACKAGED feeling missions, broken skills/items/nanos, etc"

Though, one cant tell you if its "fun." But based on your questions, I dont think you'd enjoy the game.
    And while its not a completed game, people do find ways to enjoy themselves. Granted these ways aren't actually things designed by the developers and dont involve leveling and such. (ie: tradeskills, leveling, missions (for some professions), etc)

The people who have fun in AO are those who explore and create their own events.

Anarchy isn't fun for me anymore because of all the bugs and how it lags on my recommened requirements computer. But I did enjoy exploring the landscape... even if it was at 2-15fps.

Whats the harm, take the free month, explore Rubi-ka, and cancel before they starting charging you.

Anarchy Online is not a finished game and in my opinion, it isn't worth paying for.
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

Originally posted by Chagidiel
    Well, it all depends.. If youre looking for a action game where killing other players is all that matters, then you should proberbly stay of...theire better games for that, and AO will never be able to compet...

If youre looking for a real RPG, where you acctualy can find players trying to create theire own roles, then AO is it...

I would say that if you are to much into this lvl chasing thing, you get tired of this quite quick...im not that much into the hunt of xp, and I have had more fun in a computergame here, then i ever had before

Hit nail on the head, IMHO. For action Player killing, I play Counterstrike. But as far as RP , I have found a home here. Joined an Awesome RP guild, and am having a blast. Still lots of little glitches, still laggy at times, (though not much of an issue for me anymore. ) all and all Im glad I stuck it out.