Thread: I leave for a week and...

I leave for a week and...

Administrator Kithrak stepped out of his office at Omni-HQ for the first time in a week. He welcomed the familar clean smell of synthetic ozone and a hint of smoke from the factories that the cleaning bots could never quite scrub out of Omni-1's air.

His wrist comp unit beeped and a computerized female voice said. "Good morning Administrator Kithrak......it has been.....seven days since you last checked your messages..... you have thirty-seven messages in your inbox. Do you wish to check them at this time?"

Kithrak blinked and muttered to himself. "I thought I told that bucket of bolts Omni-Admin Guardian Droid to handle matters for me." To his wrist comp unit, "No, run a check over the major Rubi-Kan news nets with my filter."

"Just a moment, accessing." The computerized voice replied flatly.

The administrator brewed a Steaming Hot Cup of Enhanced Coffee while he waited for the results. He was taking a sip and nearly spit it right back out as the first headlines began showing up on his wrist comp.

Attacks on Omni-1 by the Dust Brigade, attacks on Newland, attacks on Notum mining operations throughout the northern Rubi-Kan sector..... The list of attacks went on.

Kithrak sighed to himself. "I leave for a week and all this happens."
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

No rest for the wicked, eh, Mr. Houston?

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Dear Sir,

You have won a 2 week all-expeses paid cruise abord the "Pride of Rubi-ka" The ship will depart and take you into orbit of our wonderful planet in the best of accomidations.

Your prize has been provided by your friends from The Council of Truth. Tir, Rubi-Ka.

Have a nice Trip!!
    Vengartius Keeper of Assembly

Dum spiro, Spero. While I breathe, I hope.

Kithrak arcs a brow before replying.

To whomever it may concern,

Thankyou for notifying me but I am unaware of being in any contests to win such a trip. Furthermore, my physiology prevents such a trip from taking place until the Nanomage Environmental Suit project has reached completition.

For now I will take your offer at face value and refuse it due to the forementioned reasons.

-Administrator Houston-
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-