Thread: Guard Killing

Guard Killing

What lv did you start killing guards? I am still too weak to kill one but I can get the guard's life down almost half by myself. Anyway I think about lv 70 80 can start killing them? I was just wondering do you get xp from em if you're clan and kill a guard that's not on your side? What can you loot from em? And what about bartenders, are they weaker?
    Money is everything.

you get no loot and no xp from killing guards.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

I'll still kill one though. = p
    Money is everything.

Re: Guard Killing

Originally posted by Seth767
    What lv did you start killing guards? I am still too weak to kill one but I can get the guard's life down almost half by myself. Anyway I think about lv 70 80 can start killing them? I was just wondering do you get xp from em if you're clan and kill a guard that's not on your side? What can you loot from em? And what about bartenders, are they weaker?
    Never have and never will kill guards on my own side or neutral.

Same side guard killers should all be castrated.

As far as other side guards - I tried once in Tir and got pwned.

I think 70-80 is rather too low to take on guards, at least alone. 100+ sounds more like it.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Re: Re: Guard Killing

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk

Never have and never will kill guards on my own side or neutral.

As far as other side guards - I tried once in Tir and got pwned.

I think 70-80 is rather too low to take on guards, at least alone. 100+ sounds more like it.
    70-80 is not too low if you kill your own guards... I have seen Omni ppl around that level range killing guards in Omni-1 all the time.

At level 91 the guards in MMD are weaker than yellow mobs
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

yeh

I agree with Felonious, killing your own side's guards is incredibly lame.

It would be cool if killing your own guards caused you to become a hostile to all other guards for a period of time, 24 hrs or something. So that you couldn't slaughter guards and then go waltzing into town.

I admit i've killed a friendly guard. Was just starting a alt and fighting in the newb backyard. For a reason not apparent to me the guard suddenly attacked me and killed me in one shot. So of course it was time for a little vengence

I've killed quite a few omni guards though while trading with people in omni trade.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Re: Re: Guard Killing

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk

Easy there big fella. Remember your pills...

ill kill whatever i darn well please, and if i am bored, let me be

Originally posted by Tsuneko
    ill kill whatever i darn well please, and if i am bored, let me be

darn right!

I'm paying to play, so i'm paying to kill what i want.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

How often do you see griefers entering the newbie zone to kill both the guide and the guard so that newer characters have no one to run to for help?
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

guard killing isn't about greifing. Its about mindless killing of guards for 2 reasons.

1. for some strange reason its jut fun.

2. well, because I can.

those are the reasons why everyone kills guards.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Originally posted by elektrikflo
    guard killing isn't about greifing. Its about mindless killing of guards for 2 reasons.

1. for some strange reason its jut fun.

2. well, because I can.

those are the reasons why everyone kills guards.

I disagree. Some people kill guards in roleplay situations.
    I recently had an Omni getting high and mighty with me and trying to patroinise me because myself and 2 other Dragons were raiding an OT Op as part of a small mini-event for us.

The basic feeling is that she thought we were mindless teenagers venting our frustrations because we were killing the guards and the Corporal at this base. To be honest i agree with her aswell. She wouldnt know we were RPing so i can see her point of view.
    Thats the general idea people get when they see people doing it. Some dont think in RP terms so wouldnt know any different.
    I even think that sometimes when i see some Clanner killing Watchers outside Tir ... for no reason other than boredom/showing off/releasing teenage angst

In the right situation its fine ... in others its just silly and i ignore it
    Last edited by Keaorata; May 20th, 2002 at 12:22:14.
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

We should be able to defend the guards.

I feel that if someone attacks a guard then they should be able to be shot down in PvP from people of the same side as the guard.

This would mean cool battles, and fewer people killing them "cos they can"

What sort of crazy world is it that people shoot down guards while the people the guards are protecting can only stand and watch

Protecting who

Wouldn't the level 150+ types be better protection than the guards? They should be defending the cities not those silly NPCs. If someone attacks a guard in a 100% gas zone, they should get a weapons-free tag. After that, anybody can pop them until they die regardless of where they are. That would definitely make for some interesting battles and future consequences if the person forgets they have the flag set on them.

Smile My two cents

Personally I would tend to agree that killing your own guards is bad in almost all cases. OK you're bored and you off a guard to see if you can do it, fine. I like to test my level sometimes too (Usually by taking on a deep red of some type shortly after leveling. Then if I die I don't lose much.) KrazyKanuk whose n00b got shot by a guard and brought back an Alt and toasted the guard, I fully understand thier position and approve. That guard was certainly out of line and deserved to be toasted. Other than that it is basically showing off and does not impress me at all.

However I don't see the problem with killing enemy guards. I have seen groups of Omni's frying guards all over Tir and then heading over to Newland City to continue their killing spree. In their wake are dozens of people *****ing and moaning. Why? (BTW I am sure the Omni's have seen clanners doing the same in Omni 1 etc.) If they are showing off, so what, if they are RP'ing more power to them. I don't whine when someone kills roller rats (leets yes, but they are cute and cuddley and killing them is a shame unless they attack you first ). I sit back and watch them, sometimes they are a mob and you realize that level doesn't equal skill, other times they are well organized and working as a team and it is a joy to watch.

My favorite was a group that had an Engie, Adv. and a doc (there were two other tank types there but I didn't identify them). The Doc was doing his job and watching the health, the Bot was tanking, and the adv. was helping and watching the doc's health. It was a ballet of death and destruction. A beautiful thing. I look forward to the day when my Guildmates and I can go to Omni-1 and put on a Clan performance there. I only hope we are as coordinated and deadly in our ballet de morte.

Remember death is not permanent and I am sure the guards get to use the save terminals for free right before their shift begins

And yes, when we hit Omni-1 you can be sure that it will be listed as a surgical or terrorist type strike to protest the abuses of the evil Omni corporation. RP'ing is the best reason to kill enemy guards (although that revenge thing rates closely).

Randalpho 77th Level MP
    Show me yours and my pets will show you theirs

Originally posted by The Wabbit
    How often do you see griefers entering the newbie zone to kill both the guide and the guard so that newer characters have no one to run to for help?

Bleh I wish they would remove the damn guards from the backyards. All they do is kill steal from newbie players.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

Bleh I wish they would remove the damn guards from the backyards. All they do is kill steal from newbie players.
    ~Chris
    Actually when the patch on Test goes live they might as well remove the guard in the backyards. When a newbie dies then not only will they not lose exp, they won't even have resurrection shock. So yes in that case the guard will be nothing more than a nuisance.

Question Resurrection Shock

I didn't think Res shock started until after level 6 or so anyway?

Have I not started a new character in such a long time that I forgot?

That is not snide comment, it is amazing how the levels fly by. I have been asked by many level 15 characters where they should hunt and I honestly don't remember. Of course there is a thread on these forums that has helped there tremendously but that is a side issue. I knew they were considering extending the time from level 6 to level 15 or so but I really don't remember anything but losing Nano and Health when I died (they only came up to about half).

Sincerely,
    Randalpho level 78 Clan MP RK-1
    Pet Classes Explained:
    Engineer: I hide, Pet Kills
    Bureaucrat: I control situation, Pet Kills
    Meta Physicist: Pet Kills, Pet Heals, Pet makes Pretty Lights, I stand there feeling the love.